PDA

View Full Version : Saturday with bajaron

bjt
07-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Any Michigan SpyderLovers want to meet up with bajaron this Saturday afternoon / evening in the Battle Creek area? Scotty did mention that we could meet at his house or at least down that way to make it easier for him and Nancy. bajaron will be at his family reunion that afternoon down in Nashville, MI. but would like to meet up with anyone who's game. dltang and I will be doing something (dinner, ride, visit, etc.) with Ron regardless. Let me know and Scotty can chime in for his level of commitment (BBQ, show off bike collection, go out to dinner, ride, etc.)

NancysToy
07-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey, if it is not an imposition to folks, I'd be glad to throw something on the grill, show off the mess in the garage, and tell lies until none of us can stand it anymore. Give me an idea of numbers and time, and any special dietary needs/wants, and I'll be glad to host a get-together. We can even light a fire and sing Kumbaya if it drags into the evening. :D BTW, the trip from Nashville to BC on M-66 is straight and boring. For more fun take M-79 or Lacey Road west to M-37 and drop south. Just enough twisties and scenery to be interesting. Anybody who needs the address, PM me. We are close to I-94 on the south side of town.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

bjt
07-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Sounds great to me. Debbie and I will be there for sure, well almost for sure. I see the extended forecast has thunderstorms for Saturday. The local news is calling for those storms to be greatly dissipated by the time the front reaches Michigan. I sent the link to this thread to Bajaron so he'll know that we have plans for him. :D Can you PM me your street address Scotty so I can get it plugged into the GPS?

NancysToy
07-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Sounds great to me. Debbie and I will be there for sure, well almost for sure. I see the extended forecast has thunderstorms for Saturday. The local news is calling for those storms to be greatly dissipated by the time the front reaches Michigan. I sent the link to this thread to Bajaron so he'll know that we have plans for him. :D Can you PM me your street address Scotty so I can get it plugged into the GPS?
Done! Any other Michigan or Michiana ryders are welcome, too. Just let me know.

Some Guy
07-15-2009, 08:11 AM
I should be able to make it. It depends on the time since I'm oncall this weekend and I may have things to do because of that. :(

NancysToy
07-15-2009, 08:58 AM
I should be able to make it. It depends on the time since I'm oncall this weekend and I may have things to do because of that. :(
Hope you can make it. Timing depends on Ron's other commitment in Nashville. Probably will be left a little loose to accomodate anyone that wants to come. As soon as we pin it down, it will be posted here. I'm pretty flexible, since I don't seem to have to go anywhere...or ride home afterward. :D Any other Michigan or Michiana SpyderLovers are welcome, too.
-Scotty

daddydarko
07-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Damn. I would love to but I will be at Muskegon Bike Time. Rain check for Cereal City Rally?

8LEGS
07-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Any other Michigan or Michiana SpyderLovers are welcome, too.
-Scotty

How about some Indiana spyders? I just found out I have Saturday off, I would like to meet some of you Michigan riders!

superfly3
07-15-2009, 11:30 AM
I wish I could go but I don't think my spyder will be out of the shop by then:( just went in yesterday, if it gets done by then I will let you guys know.

NancysToy
07-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Damn. I would love to but I will be at Muskegon Bike Time. Rain check for Cereal City Rally?
That depends on whether the Cereal City Rally flies. They lost a major sponsor, and Harley will not permit an alternate dealer to sponsor any event within so many miles of a dealership. ...from what I hear through the grapevine.

How about some Indiana spyders? I just found out I have Saturday off, I would like to meet some of you Michigan riders!
We would be honored to have you, Tina, and bring your Spyder friends.

Firefly
07-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Let me see how things go---- I'm dog-sitting this weekend---- pretty sure I can't fit 5 German Shepherds on my Spyder! But I might have enough crates for them so I can sneak out for a little bit!

SSPSpyder
07-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Scotty,
how long would it take me to get there from California?
:joke:

daddydarko
07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm dog-sitting this weekend...

Sounds ruff.

;)

NancysToy
07-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Scotty,
how long would it take me to get there from California?
:joke:
Google Maps says 32 hours, if you average 70 mph! You had better get started...and don't bother to sleep along the way, you haven't got time. :joke:

ataDude
07-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Sounds ruff.

;)

:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

bjt
07-16-2009, 06:10 AM
After getting a PM from Bajaron, how about we plan on meeting at Scotty's at around 3? He said he figured around 3 hours for his reunion activities. Then we can hang out for a while before having a cookout at around 6'ish. If the weather isn't cooperating, we'll have a backup plan of going to a relaxed restaurant where we can visit and eat. Debbie and I plan on going to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo at noon Saturday if anyone is interested in joining us there and then riding to Scotty's or to meet Bajaron after spending an hour or two at the Air Zoo.

dltang
07-16-2009, 10:20 AM
I wish I could go but I don't think my spyder will be out of the shop by then:( just went in yesterday, if it gets done by then I will let you guys know.

Tell them to get with the program Greg, you have an important date in MI.

TMehaffey
07-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Would it be OK if Chris and I ran over from Illinois?
It would be great to meet all of you!

dltang
07-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Would it be OK if Chris and I ran over from Illinois?
It would be great to meet all of you!

Oh absolutely!!! We can post it in the IL and OH forum's as well. We would love to meet you and any other riders that want to come. We just need to let Scotty know approx how many people to expect and we can always run to the store for more stuff.

bjt
07-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Slight change of plans. Bajaron had something come up this morning and he can't get out of it so he won't be coming to Michigan for his reunion, thus he won't be here for a meet and greet at Scotty's. :( I am ready for this no matter what so if Scotty will still have us, I'd still make the trip. My plan will still be visiting the K'zoo air zoo at 12 or 1 pm, seeing the plane or planes that I want to see (mainly the SR71 Blackbird) and then head to Scotty's for food and fellowship. Are we all still in?

Since the variation in time to accomodate Ron's reunion is out of the mix, maybe we can all meet at the air museum (Nancy and Scotty too), take a tour of the facility and then head to Scotty's or a quiet restaurant. In celebration of their anniversary, admission is free to most everything except the special rides (flight simulator, 0 G ride, spacewalk, etc.)

TMehaffey
07-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Slight change of plans. Bajaron had something come up this morning and he can't get out of it so he won't be coming to Michigan for his reunion, thus he won't be here for a meet and greet at Scotty's. :( I am ready for this no matter what so if Scotty will still have us, I'd still make the trip. My plan will still be visiting the K'zoo air zoo at 12 or 1 pm, seeing the plane or planes that I want to see (mainly the SR71 Blackbird) and then head to Scotty's for food and fellowship. Are we all still in?

Since the variation in time to accomodate Ron's reunion is out of the mix, maybe we can all meet at the air museum (Nancy and Scotty too), take a tour of the facility and then head to Scotty's or a quiet restaurant. In celebration of their anniversary, admission is free to most everything except the special rides (flight simulator, 0 G ride, spacewalk, etc.)
We are still in if Scotty will have us.... the air zoo sounds great! :thumbup:

dltang
07-16-2009, 06:55 PM
We are still in if Scotty will have us.... the air zoo sounds great! :thumbup:

We'll miss Ron but it looks like the plan is still coming together. We can plan on meeting at the Air Museum in Kalamazoo at noon. Here is the web site and it is free admission. http://www.airzoo.org/

When we are done there, it sounds like sloppy joes at Scotty's and looking over his bike museum. Good times, good friends and good Spyders. Scotty would like to go to a local car cruise that evening with the Spyders. So anyone that is up for it, please chime in and let's get a count.

If you can't be at the Air Zoo by noon, we will try and set a time to meet at Scotty's, I will let him chime in on that with directions to his house. He may want to PM those to anyone that is going to come.

bjt
07-16-2009, 07:16 PM
We'll miss Ron but it looks like the plan is still coming together. We can plan on meeting at the Air Museum in Kalamazoo at noon. Here is the web site and it is free admission. http://www.airzoo.org/

When we are done there, it sounds like sloppy joes at Scotty's and looking over his bike museum. Good times, good friends and good Spyders. Scotty would like to go to a local car cruise that evening with the Spyders. So anyone that is up for it, please chime in and let's get a count.

If you can't be at the Air Zoo by noon, we will try and set a time to meet at Scotty's, I will let him chime in on that with directions to his house. He may want to PM those to anyone that is going to come.

Air Zoo time update, we are going to meet at 1pm to allow a little extra travel time for any out-of-staters and let everyone grab a burger or something for lunch before we spend any time there.

bjt
07-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Head count for attendees please......

Deb and I make two
Scotty and Nancy are four
Tmehaffey and wife make six
I'm kinda counting on 8LEGS to make seven. Hopefully she can chime in with a definite "yes" :ohyea: or "no" :( by Friday night.

Any others? With the count, even just a maybe, we can know who to look for before we go anywhere and get an idea for the amount of grub.

someguy?
FireFly?
BRPJunkie?
SpyderRyder810?
Rando?
Ksin?

I wonder if Director can make this? I'll PM the link to him. :thumbup:

BRPjunkie
07-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Deb and I make two
I'm kinda counting on 8LEGS to make seven. Hopefully she can chime in with a definite "yes" :ohyea: or "no" :( by Friday night.

Any others? With the count, even just a maybe, we can know who to look for before we go anywhere and get an idea for the amount of grub.

someguy?
FireFly?
BRPJunkie?
SpyderRyder810?
Rando?
Ksin?

Haven't given up yet, but still working on fitting everything in on Saturday. Need to get it all squared away by tomorrow night, so will let you know then.

8LEGS
07-16-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm planning on making the trip. Wish some Indiana riders would tag along, but if not, I'll go solo. :ohyea:

NancysToy
07-16-2009, 09:10 PM
For those who do not want to go to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, or can't make it there that soon, we should be back at my place sometime about four, or a bit later, by my best guess. You are welcome to pull in the drive and make yourself at home in the backyard until we land. I'll PM my cell and my address to those who have posted the possibility of coming. Please let us know if you are trying to make it, so we can be sure and have enough food.

dltang
07-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm planning on making the trip. Wish some Indiana riders would tag along, but if not, I'll go solo. :ohyea:

Glad to hear you are coming even if it is solo. think of it this way, once you get there you will be won't be solo any more. LOL

bjt
07-16-2009, 10:05 PM

Deb and I make two

someguy?
FireFly?
BRPJunkie?
SpyderRyder810?
Rando?
Ksin?

Tmehaffey just confirmed that they (Tim and Chris) will be there for the whole thing. :thumbup:

So our 7 definites, including Tina / 8LEGS, will make this a very nice get together. I'm really anxious to meet with you all and hang out. :ohyea: :ohyea:

Plus, it sounds like we have a chance to pick up a few more SpyderLovers once their plans get squared away.

superfly3
07-16-2009, 11:29 PM
would love to ride up to there but spyder still in the shop:(,still don't know if it will be done in time for me to go on saturday.I am calling my dealer in the morning to find out when it will be done,will keep you posted.

Greg

bjt
07-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Possibly 8 now since I'm counting on superfly3's dealer to get his Spyder fixed in time. :thumbup:

TMehaffey
07-17-2009, 07:49 AM
I booked a room at the days inn. (its 1 1/2 miles from Scotty's)
So we are all set! :ohyea:
We will see you at the air museum @ 1:00. (Is that eastern or central time?):dontknow:

NancysToy
07-17-2009, 07:55 AM
We will see you at the air museum @ 1:00. (Is that eastern or central time?):dontknow:
Eastern Daylight Time.

bjt
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM

Eastern Daylight Time.

If you show up at 1 central time, we will be wandering around inside the air museum wondering, "Whatever happened to Tim and Chris?" :D

To let everyone know, after reading through what's available to see and do in the air museum (main and east campuses) I think I'll be wanting to spend at least 2 hours there and maybe up to 4 hours, closing time. Not sure what everyone else thinks about that, I'm not even sure what Debbie thinks about that. :D There are probably two of the paying rides (flight simulator, zero gravity) that I may want to try once I get there and see what it's all about. I also see that they have a cafe in the main campus that offers burgers, sandwiches and drinks if one wanted to grab a little something there.

I just wanted to put this our there so everyone could know my plans for the Air Zoo and also tell everyone that I consider this portion a "free flow", "casual" or "at your own pace" part of the get together so that no one feels obligated to hang out there or follow exactly what Debbie or I want to see and how long we want to see it. The tables may be turned and we may be ready to leave after an hour and some of you may want to stay 'til 5pm. :dontknow: No problem. I just don't want anyone to feel any pressure to stay in a group or feel condemnation if they want to do something different while there. I guess that if anyone stays at the Air Zoo until closing, the second part of the meet, at Scotty's, will be officially starting at 6 pm.

After saying all that, I'm ready for Saturday!!! :ohyea: :yes: :ohyea: :yes: :ohyea:

Some Guy
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm going to try to make it to the Air Zoo, but I'm oncall this weekend and may have to work for a while on Saturday :(. I'm planning on being at the cookout. (most work problems are done by that time on Saturdays)

:D

bjt
07-17-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm going to try to make it to the Air Zoo, but I'm oncall this weekend and may have to work for a while on Saturday :(. I'm planning on being at the cookout. (most work problems are done by that time on Saturdays)

:D

:doorag: :doorag:

Firefly
07-17-2009, 09:12 AM
I agree about the time spent at the air-zoo. It takes quite a bit of time. You can also take a ride in an old Bi-plane for like $60 if you want!

NancysToy
07-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Nancy and I plan to limit our time at the Air Zoo, so we will try to be back here at the house four-ish, or split forces and have one of us at each place for a short while. We can always go back to the Zoo another day. Like Brian, I figured supper for 6 PM or so, but it will actually be buffet style, so there is no schedule. We're keeping this thing loose as a goose.

Rando
07-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Brian, I am surprised you decided on AirZoo when this is going on this weekend.

http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/

Some Guy
07-17-2009, 10:10 AM
The Air Zoo is pretty cool. I took a couple kids there a few weeks ago and we had a blast! The flight simulators are AWESOME! Fully articulated, you can do barrel rolls, loops, etc. You can even make yourself sick! :yikes: nojoke
There are 4 of them, each with a different plane: Japanese Zero, WWII Hellcat, F/A18 and another one that was closed that day, so I don't know what it was. The F/A18 was my favorite. :ohyea:

ataDude
07-17-2009, 10:11 AM
For those who do not want to go to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, or can't make it there that soon, we should be back at my place sometime about four, or a bit later, by my best guess. You are welcome to pull in the drive and make yourself at home in the backyard until we land. I'll PM my cell and my address to those who have posted the possibility of coming. Please let us know if you are trying to make it, so we can be sure and have enough food.

I suspect that whatever you cook will be really good. Can you UPS/FedEx some to me, Scotty? Thanks in advance and have fun! :ohyea:

Director
07-17-2009, 10:14 AM

Deb and I make two

someguy?
FireFly?
BRPJunkie?
SpyderRyder810?
Rando?
Ksin?

Thanks for thinking of me, Brian. We can't make it to this one, but hopefully the weather will be good for you. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Bruce

superfly3
07-17-2009, 11:28 AM
well just found out I won't be there my dealer is 2 or 3 days behind I called this morning and they havn't even looked at my spyder,was so hoping to be there,sorry guys may be next time,I am disapointed:(.

bjt
07-17-2009, 12:59 PM

My main objective is to see the SR71 Blackbird. I'm not so much a plane afficionado or air show groupie as I am interested in seeing the Blackbird.

well just found out I won't be there my dealer is 2 or 3 days behind I called this morning and they havn't even looked at my spyder,was so hoping to be there,sorry guys may be next time,I am disapointed:(.

Dang. :( Next time then....

bjt
07-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Nancy and I plan to limit our time at the Air Zoo, so we will try to be back here at the house four-ish, or split forces and have one of us at each place for a short while. We can always go back to the Zoo another day. Like Brian, I figured supper for 6 PM or so, but it will actually be buffet style, so there is no schedule. We're keeping this thing loose as a goose.

Sounds good. :thumbup:

The Air Zoo is pretty cool. I took a couple kids there a few weeks ago and we had a blast! The flight simulators are AWESOME! Fully articulated, you can do barrel rolls, loops, etc. You can even make yourself sick! :yikes: nojoke
There are 4 of them, each with a different plane: Japanese Zero, WWII Hellcat, F/A18 and another one that was closed that day, so I don't know what it was. The F/A18 was my favorite. :ohyea:

:doorag: I guess I'm really leaning toward riding those flight simulators.

I agree about the time spent at the air-zoo. It takes quite a bit of time. You can also take a ride in an old Bi-plane for like $60 if you want!

No biplane rides for me, not at $60 anyways... :D

Thanks for thinking of me, Brian. We can't make it to this one, but hopefully the weather will be good for you. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Bruce

We'll try to keep you in mind for our Dairy Queen run to Sandusky, MI. I think thats happening in August or September. :thumbup:

dltang
07-17-2009, 01:35 PM

The main jist of this started out to meet Baja Ron as he was going to be in Nashiville which isn't too far from Scotty and Battle Creek. Even though Ron is no longer coming to MI, the plans are already in motion and the AirZoo is only like 20 minutes from Scotty's house. It just makes sense. The show you are talking about is down in Ypsilanti and it would still be a ride to the BBQ at Scotty's afterwards. Kalamazoo is also closer for the Indiana and Illinois folks that have committed to come. And most importantly, Brian wants to go to the AirZoo for specific reasons.

Now the question, does this mean you and Bonnie aren't going to be able to make it on Sat.? We'd love to see you again and I still haven't seen Bonnie on her new spyder.

Firefly
07-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Not sure I can swing the air-zoo--- but I'll swing by Scotty's place and then hit the Taco-Bell car night with you guys.

bjt
07-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Not sure I can swing the air-zoo--- but I'll swing by Scotty's place and then hit the Taco-Bell car night with you guys.

:thumbup: :2thumbs: :ohyea: :doorag: It'll be great seeing you again.

bjt
07-17-2009, 06:21 PM
.... And most importantly, Brian wants to go to the AirZoo for specific reasons.

You got that right, dear. :D :ohyea: http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-026.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-060.gif

8LEGS
07-17-2009, 09:05 PM
I won't be able to make the Air Zoo :(, but will be able to make it to Scotty's house:yes:. What time should I plan to arrive? Anyways, you all have my cell # so in case you need to call me.

OH .... :opps::opps: Shameless begging :bowdown::bowdown:...... Tonight when I got home from work my NMN Triple Play was on the porch. :ohyea:. If I would toss that in the trunk, you think maybe, just maybe .. someone might be able to um, assist in installing? :opps:

See you all tomorrow!

bjt
07-17-2009, 09:47 PM
I won't be able to make the Air Zoo :(, but will be able to make it to Scotty's house:yes:. What time should I plan to arrive? Anyways, you all have my cell # so in case you need to call me.

OH .... :opps::opps: Shameless begging :bowdown::bowdown:...... Tonight when I got home from work my NMN Triple Play was on the porch. :ohyea:. If I would toss that in the trunk, you think maybe, just maybe .. someone might be able to um, assist in installing? :opps:

See you all tomorrow!

We can probably look at the Triple Play if Scotty lets us use his tools. I bet you had the Triple Play all along and figured this trip would get you a "sympathy install" from us Michiganders. :D :D :D

I think someone will be at Scotty's place by 4'ish if you are going straight there. We might all be there by that time if the Air Zoo doesn't hold our interest. :dontknow:

8LEGS
07-17-2009, 10:01 PM
We can probably look at the Triple Play if Scotty lets us use his tools. I bet you had the Triple Play all along and figured this trip would get you a "sympathy install" from us Michiganders. :D :D :D

:roflblack::roflblack: .. If I had thought of that I would have went ahead and got all the NMN stuff I want. LOL. Actually purchased them from ebay Wednesday night.

If ya'll can't thats no prob, but I had to ask. :bowdown::bowdown:

NancysToy
07-17-2009, 10:13 PM
No problem on the tools. I hear we are importing an electrician direct from General Motors. :roflblack:
-Scotty

8LEGS
07-17-2009, 10:37 PM
No problem on the tools. I hear we are importing an electrician direct from General Motors. :roflblack:
-Scotty

:roflblack: :thumbup::bowdown::bowdown:

I think I'll go to bed now. See you all tomorrow. If I arrive early I might ride over to Leaders Marine and check them out. I need a new pair of gloves and ??????

BTW. You all are :firstplace:

bjt
07-17-2009, 10:46 PM

I think I'll go to bed now. See you all tomorrow. If I arrive early I might ride over to Leaders Marine and check them out. I need a new pair of gloves and ??????

Sleep tight, safe journey and don't forget to bring the Triple Play. :thumbup:

NancysToy
07-18-2009, 06:12 AM

Best selections of motorcycle gear in Kalamazoo are at M&M Motorsports (3825 Lake St.) and Life Cycle (3103 Lake St.). Leaders does carry some Can-Am accessories and clothing, though.

C ya later.
-Scotty

bjt
07-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Radar map is showing all clear for now. :thumbup:

8LEGS
07-18-2009, 07:54 AM
It's raining here. :gaah:

docdoru
07-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Whish I was there...Spyder in the shop for over 12 days...:gaah:

NancysToy
07-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Well, we had a dandy Spyder day! No BajaRon, of course, but we tried to have a little extra fun on his behalf. Maybe another time. We missed you Ron!

Deb (DLTang) & Brian (BJT) called just before I left the house to say they were eating lunch nearby in Battle Creek, so I met them and we rode to Kalamazoo together. Poor Nancy was hurting too bad too ride, so she stayed home. Good news is that I got to ride her Spyder. We met Tim (TMehaffey) & Chris just after we pulled in to the Air Zoo museum. Brian got to see the SR-71 Blackbird, and we all had a great time looking at the planes and spacecraft. They even had some old motorcycles. Toward the end we met up with Mike (Someguy) and Dan (Firefly). They stayed at the museum a while longer while we rode to my place, where they joined us later after a nice ride. As we settled in, Tina (8Legs) rode up. Randy (Rando) & Bonnie (Bonno) came by car, but we forgave them because they brought their two dogs, who kept us entertained the whole time. What friendly, wonderful, well-trained animals! Late in the evening we even had a visit from Mark (MXZ600).

We toured through my collection, sat on each other's toys, and had some grub. Also had a tech session, where two Triple Plays got installed, Tina's park brake adjusted, and Dan made a temporary, minor repair to his Spyder. Looks like there is an additional problem cropping up in the swingarm/rear fender area. I got out the motorized tricycle, but the carb needs to be rebuilt, so we did not run it. Following the tradition, everyone had their picture taken on the tricycle. We were having so much fun we never even made it out of the driveway to the backyard. No rain, so no need for the canopy, and warm enough we didn't need the campfire. Much better day than was forecast, but still a little like October. We seemed to have much more fun standing around the eight Spyders and talking about them. Never even made it to the Taco Bell cruise night, although I'm sure we would have made an impression.

Nancy and I were deeply honored that everyone would travel so far to come see us. She really wants to reciprocate, but we still have some health issues to deal with. Thanks to everyone for making it so much easier on us. We would have missed out on another get-together if you hadn't come to us instead. Providing some food and a place to land was the least we could do in return. Once again you have all proven that SpyderLovers are the nicest people! Thanks!
-Scotty (Nancy'sToy) & Nancy http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Firefly
07-18-2009, 10:25 PM
A very nice day and great hosts! They talked me into getting my pic on the trike--- and I really hate having my photo taken.

Was great to meet everyone and see all the different mods. Only thing we seemed to run out of was time!

Great food and a great time overall - glad I was able to make some changes and get there much earlier than I originally thought I would. Had a nice ride with Mike (someguy) over and back.

There were no cars at the Taco Bell when I drove home - so either they were done or it was canceled.

8 Spyders - pretty good for an impromptu meet-up ---- just think what we could do if we really planned something!

Thanks again Scotty and Nancy for a nice time!

Hope everyone made it home safe and sound!

8LEGS
07-18-2009, 11:40 PM
I made it home just after midnight. What a wonderful day! Great food, great time, and GREAT company. I imagine the pictures of all of us on the trike will surface tomorrow! Thank You Brian for installing my lights! I won't forget I owe you a Spyder cleaning and detail.:ohyea: Thank You Scotty for adjusting my brake, although it did stick again after fueling up, darn thing.

I had a 400 mile round trip.

Thank you Michigan Spyder Ryders for a wonderful day!:thumbup:

Hope to see you all again soon.

bjt
07-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Our first Tri-state SpyderLovers meet was a success. :thumbup: Thanks for hosting us Scotty. Not much to add from your recap of the day. I was sorry that you guys went through the work of setting up your backyard and we never made it back there. I am glad we were able to help Tina out with her Triple Play and her parking brake adjustment. Mike got his Triple play installed quickly, without any issue, with help from Dan. Dan's rear fender mounting tab breaking is the second one I've seen. We found Debbie's was broken about two months ago and I had weld it back onto the swingarm. That was just before her rear fender mounts tore apart. Dan's rear fender mounts have the same metal fatigue / tearing just starting in the lower corners. :dontknow:

Anyways.... Too bad we missed the car cruise. As Debbie and I were leaving town, we passed by the Taco Bell and saw that it was winding down. There were only a few cars left in the lot. Two "events" in one day seem to be a bit much for these types of get togethers as people really enjoy hanging out, talking and comparing Spyders as much as anything.

It was great meeting everyone and hanging out with our Spyder friends.

To all who were at Scotty's and those who couldn't make it this time, there is another "Spyder meet" in late August near Sandusky Michigan. As it stands right now, that one is mainly a picnic so there'll be plenty of time for visiting and probably some time for a "tech session" if needed :D.

Some Guy
07-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Our first Tri-state SpyderLovers meet was a success. :thumbup: Thanks for hosting us Scotty. .
:agree:

It was definitely a great time. I loved seeing how everyone had done something a little different with their Spyders. That is, except for Tim (TMehaffey), he did EVERYTHING different! :D I couldn't believe how much chrome is on his Spyder. I looks really cool. :thumbup:

I wish I could have stayed longer but my best girl, Ruby, needed someone to let her outside to do her "dog business" (Golden Retriever). I'd love to figure out a way for her to ryde along, but since the even the sight of my helmet scares her, I don't think she'll ever hop on the Spyder! :roflblack:

I can't wait to see the pictures of everyone on Scotty's tricycle. That was fun.

dltang
07-19-2009, 08:41 AM
The tradition continues, if you go to Scotty's you must get your photo on the infamous Trike.

Tina (8Legs)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-122.jpg

Mike (SomeGuy)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-121.jpg

Dan (FireFly)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-120.jpg

Bonnie (Bonno)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-123.jpg

Tim (TMehaffey)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-119.jpg

Chris (Tim's wife)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-118.jpg

dltang
07-19-2009, 08:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIFudXtpmU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZyWB00xoRE

dltang
07-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Here are just two short clips of everyone not going to the back yard where it was all set up for us to have our gathering. LOL

In the second video you will see Brian at work on Tina's Triple Play. While at the AirZoo, Mike mentioned that he just happened to have brought his Triple Play along for installation too. hmmm So, that is what SpyderLovers do, they help each other. SpyderLovers are great folks. Thanks again Scotty and Nancy for being wonderful hosts and it was great to see everyone and meet those I have never met before. As Brian mentioned, we will have some details for another gathering in Late August, hopefully soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiB5ccwurRc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6UCpn4avLc

bjt
07-19-2009, 09:01 AM
That last video reminds me of an average day on my "real" job. One guy working and six people standing around watching him and making fun of him. :roflblack:

NancysToy
07-19-2009, 09:27 AM
That last video reminds me of an average day on my "real" job. One guy working and six people standing around watching him and making fun of him. :roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: You think that's bad, you should have had a government job like I did! Takes at least a dozen leaning on shovels to make the job go right. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Trickie Dick
07-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Sorry I missed your Tri State meeting. Would loved to have met eveyone. Maybe next time. I spent the day and night with my granddaughter (13mos) so it wasn't all bad. Riding that trike looked way beyond my abilities:yikes:
Dick

superfly3
07-19-2009, 12:06 PM
looks like you guys had a good time:thumbup:,too bad I couldn't have made it.spyder in the shop in all,I am hoping to get it back this next week keeping my fingers crossed.

dltang
07-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Here's a few photos of some of the planes we saw at the Air Zoo, I'll post a few video clips when I get them loaded. It was kind of dark in there so not sure how well they turned out. These first 3 photos are of Brian in a model of a Mercury Space Capsule, those of you that know or have met Brian can only imagine how much room he had in there.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-131.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-129.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-130.jpg

This first plane you could actually pay to go up in for real.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-128.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-127.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-126.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-124.jpg

This is the one Brian wanted to see the most, I couldn't get it all in one picture and as I mentioned, it was dark in there.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/photo-125.jpg

dltang
07-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Here are the 5 short videos I took with my iphone while at the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo. The very last one even has a few old motorcycles under the plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G9ik_7A-oc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpVaSzzQAEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YscXDvO9NUQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWOOFi2YyxM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zAYzRCYmU

NancysToy
07-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry I missed your Tri State meeting. Would loved to have met eveyone. Maybe next time. I spent the day and night with my granddaughter (13mos) so it wasn't all bad. Riding that trike looked way beyond my abilities:yikes:
Dick
No rides this time due to a bum carb; besides rides are always optional. We would only have forced you to sit and get your picture taken.
-Scotty

Rando
07-19-2009, 05:59 PM
My wife and I didn't have our Spyders with us because we stopped in Parma, MI (near Jackson) to look at some motorcycle dog trailers. This guy was in the business of manufacturing them when he lived in Bruce Crossing, MI but is now just selling off the two he has left. The blue one was sold to a couple that use it to take their greyhound with them. We were most interested in the black one but it was just a bit too short for our French Bulldogs. He made it for Yorkies so if anyone is looking for a dog trailer that has Yorkies or similar, the black one is still for sale! We are considering the tear-drop trailer. He still has some finish work left to do. The cargo trailer is also for sale.

Rando
07-19-2009, 06:02 PM
a few more pictures.

TMehaffey
07-19-2009, 08:09 PM
What a GREAT:spyder: gathering!
Chris and I had a GREAT time meeting everyone!
It was fun kicking tires and talking :spyder:!
Looks like were in for Gatlinburg:shemademe_smilie:!:2thumbs:

Roaddog2
07-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Looks like a great place to visit don't worry I did not forget :D

mxz600
07-20-2009, 06:38 AM
It was great meeting everyone. I wish I could have spent the day with you all. I didn't get a chance to closely check out everybody's Spyder or talk about the trip out west. I did have a great ride up and back, got to meet everybody and put some faces and names together so mission accomplished. One thing I do know after sitting on Mike's Spyder, I need 4" risers.

Rando
08-12-2009, 07:45 PM
If anyone is looking for a very unique dog trailer, the teardrop one is still for sale for $1,500. It will need a small bit of finish work but the majority of it is complete. It's not mine but I can give you contact info if you send me a PM. See post #75 and #76 for the pictures.

My wife and I didn't have our Spyders with us because we stopped in Parma, MI (near Jackson) to look at some motorcycle dog trailers. This guy was in the business of manufacturing them when he lived in Bruce Crossing, MI but is now just selling off the two he has left. The blue one was sold to a couple that use it to take their greyhound with them. We were most interested in the black one but it was just a bit too short for our French Bulldogs. He made it for Yorkies so if anyone is looking for a dog trailer that has Yorkies or similar, the black one is still for sale! We are considering the tear-drop trailer. He still has some finish work left to do. The cargo trailer is also for sale.