PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Navydad
09-03-2019, 07:38 PM
My D.E.S.S. is G.O.N.E. Thank you jcthorne. By the way I had nothing to do with that rain that popped up after dark last night. :dontknow:

Chupaca
09-03-2019, 10:48 PM
I was sure you brought the rain...:roflblack: glad your D.O.N.E. with the whole DESS issue. Ryde with peace of mind..:riding:

Mikey
09-04-2019, 07:44 AM
Isn't it bad when we spend GOOD money and have to back door this tecno crap they shove down our throats as good technology, so we can ride in peace! Keep it stupid, simple!

Navydad
09-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Isn't it bad when we spend GOOD money and have to back door this tecno crap they shove down our throats as good technology, so we can ride in peace! Keep it stupid, simple!

:agree:

RosieriderKY
09-04-2019, 11:33 AM
Navydad, who did you get to disable the d.e.s.s.? I live close to Cincinnati and would love to get it disabled before I have issues with it.
thanks

Navydad
09-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Navydad, who did you get to disable the d.e.s.s.? I live close to Cincinnati and would love to get it disabled before I have issues with it.
thanks

PM sent.

Don'tPanic
09-04-2019, 08:10 PM
Hmm, forgive my ignorance, but why would you disable it? I'm serious, isn't it designed to keep rubber side down?

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-04-2019, 09:23 PM
Hmm, forgive my ignorance, but why would you disable it? I'm serious, isn't it designed to keep rubber side down?

I think you may be confusing DESS with VSS. DESS is Digital Encoded Security System. It's the system that requires you to use a key that is programmed into the ECM, Engine Control Module, in order to start a Spyder. Beginning in 2014 there have been problems with it preventing owners from starting their Spyder. Disabling it allows a non-chip key to start the Spyder. The Vehicle Stability System is the system that helps you keep the rubber side down!

Navydad
09-05-2019, 01:56 PM
I think you may be confusing DESS with VSS. DESS is Digital Encoded Security System. It's the system that requires you to use a key that is programmed into the ECM, Engine Control Module, in order to start a Spyder. Beginning in 2014 there have been problems with it preventing owners from starting their Spyder. Disabling it allows a non-chip key to start the Spyder. The Vehicle Stability System is the system that helps you keep the rubber side down!

What he said :agree: