PDA

View Full Version : What's this Clunking noise on my 2016 Spyder SE6?

Bryanng1
09-01-2019, 05:10 PM
My 2016 spyder rts se6 making clunky sounds when I pushed it back and forth with engine off. The sounds come from under the gas tank. I believe the clunky sounds come within the transmission. Does anyone have this similar experience? I also noticed those clunky sounds when it down shifted in first gear when it slowed down under 10 mph.

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-02-2019, 10:14 AM
[
My 2016 spyder rts se6 making clunky sounds when I pushed it back and forth with engine off. The sounds come from under the gas tank. I believe the clunky sounds come within the transmission. Does anyone have this similar experience? I also noticed those clunky sounds when it down shifted in first gear when it slowed down under 10 mph.
:welcome: …. Every Spyder that I have ever encountered " clunks " loudly when shifted from neutral …. more so when the engine is cold …… I don't understand your first sentence, If you shut your engine OFF while it still is IN gear, I think it stays IN gear until you re-start ….. this may be the cause of what you hear …… I always shift into Neutral before I shut it down...… After starting go into neutral, than shut off and see if sounds are still present …… PS, can you give us some background info on your Spyder …… good luck …. Mike :ohyea:

Chupaca
09-02-2019, 10:18 AM
:agree: another thing to look into is the drive sprocket on the engine left side. We have had some that have come loose and start to give similar noises not noticed when engine is running and ryde is in gear....:dontknow: