PDA

View Full Version : Dealer / BEST warranty rant

ArmyJoe
07-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Sorry to vent, but I need to rant to someone that understands...

When I negiotiated the price of my bike on July 3rd, the sales lady threw in a 36-month BEST plan for free (I have this in writing). She even showed me on her computer that this is a $1100 value. I was planning to buy up in Michigan and trailer it back, but this was a pretty good deal and was the only reason I bought from her.

Last night when I picked up the bike, my 36-month BEST warranty became a "36-month promotional warranty" that takes effect immediately. I told them their numbers were wrong and that there's no way they charge $1100 for only one more year. They assured me that they were correct and that there's no 3-year extended warranty. Thinking I may have misunderstood what I read here, I left with the Spyder.

This morning, I called another dealer in state and he told me the MSRP for a 36-month BEST plan, which gives me 5 months bumper-to-bumper, is $1098.

I immediately called back my dealer, but she keeps telling me there's no 36-month extended warranty on top of the 2 year limited warranty. I was so frustrated, I emailed her the .pdf brochure from the BRP website and asked what their return policy was. Unfortunately, they won't take the bike back.

I'm now waiting for her to call me back. Of course, she promises to "make me happy," but at this point, I'm ready to call the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's office.

:cus:

BRPjunkie
07-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Dealer is wrong. 3 year BEST extends coverage for a full five years. Maybe the "promotional warranty" they threw in was only for an extra year, but the real BEST is for 3 years after the factory two expires.

Bersquack
07-14-2009, 10:55 AM
:agree:

Firefly
07-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Dealer is 100% WRONG on this one. If you have in writing that you get the BEST 3 year plan --- they have to honor that. Contact BRP customer service - go over their heads. Threaten to get a lawyer involved if you have to.

She obviously gave something away she wasn't supposed to - but that is NOT your problem!

Do NOT let them off the hook on this one! They need to learn a lesson.

Dragonrider
07-14-2009, 11:20 AM
You just got stung - the current promotion from BRP offers one year of BEST (total of 3) for FREE to buyers in July - PLUS free BRP stuff.

Sorry -- :gaah:

drogers
07-14-2009, 11:25 AM
You just got stung - the current promotion from BRP offers one year of BEST (total of 3) for FREE to buyers in July - PLUS free BRP stuff.

What kind of 'stuff'? All I got was the extra year on my warranty :( Oh yeah, and a hella sweet :spyder2:

Questions
07-14-2009, 11:30 AM

I agree you may have been stung.

Attached is a pic of the current promotion 1500 in can am accessories, 3 year warranty and 199 a month

BRPjunkie
07-14-2009, 12:01 PM

Attached is a pic of the current promotion 1500 in can am accessories, 3 year warranty and 199 a month

Looks like the warranty you got is the one they are advertising. Sounds like sales person may have misrepresented what 3 years meant. You may still be able to but 2 year Best to get to full five years.

ArmyJoe
07-14-2009, 12:27 PM

That's close, but not exactly what I was offered. I was only offered $1000 in gear, which I declined for an additional $600 off the base price.

ArmyJoe
07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Good news! The dealer just called and they're going to give me the 36-month BEST. I felt like she blamed me for the misunderstanding, but I'm glad it's over.

Now I can focus on riding, and accessories, and mods, and helmets, and clothing........ :joke:

Some Guy
07-14-2009, 03:15 PM
:congrats:

ataDude
07-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Good news! The dealer just called and they're going to give me the 36-month BEST. I felt like she blamed me for the misunderstanding, but I'm glad it's over.

Now I can focus on riding, and accessories, and mods, and helmets, and clothing........ :joke:

Good... glad you stuck to your guns <pardon the pun>. I went through something similar to this except found out that my requested BRP Best Warranty was, in fact, a third party... they finally fixed it a year later.