PDA

View Full Version : Digital Dash Firmware Versions

Spyder_Cowgirl
08-29-2019, 08:25 PM
I have searched for this, extensively … even asked in some of the FB pages. Does anyone recall the progression of firmware versions for the Digital Dash? I could have sworn that my selling dealer had to trailer my F3 Ltd to a sister dealer (with an experienced tech) to upgrade the dash from 13.2 to 19.? … and I am sure that I saw that 19.? in the ABOUT info for the dash at one point. Recently, had my 3K service and asked for the "dash update" … silly me, I should have specified 20.8. Well, guess what … I am now at 13.2 … grrrr!:banghead::banghead: Have informed the servicing dealer (also the sister dealership that did the initial dash update right before delivery). Would certainly like to tell them what version they "overlaid" with an extremely old version and, also, make sure they select 20.8 and get it properly loaded.

So … 13.2, 19.? … 20.8 …. is that about right?

Thanks …. Ann

JP58
08-29-2019, 09:55 PM
When they came out in 2018 it was 11.20 then 12.20 then 13.20 Latest update is 20.8

Revalden
08-30-2019, 12:39 AM
Are these "updates" available/applicable to all years of Spyders?

h0gr1der
08-30-2019, 06:29 AM
I have searched for this, extensively … even asked in some of the FB pages. Does anyone recall the progression of firmware versions for the Digital Dash? I could have sworn that my selling dealer had to trailer my F3 Ltd to a sister dealer (with an experienced tech) to upgrade the dash from 13.2 to 19.? … and I am sure that I saw that 19.? in the ABOUT info for the dash at one point. Recently, had my 3K service and asked for the "dash update" … silly me, I should have specified 20.8. Well, guess what … I am now at 13.2 … grrrr!:banghead::banghead: Have informed the servicing dealer (also the sister dealership that did the initial dash update right before delivery). Would certainly like to tell them what version they "overlaid" with an extremely old version and, also, make sure they select 20.8 and get it properly loaded.

So … 13.2, 19.? … 20.8 …. is that about right?

Thanks …. Ann

Ms Ann,

My 2018 RTL had the lowest number I've ever heard of on it, my firmware revision was 10.5 when I took ownership. It had all the issues ever reported. They said the bike didn't show a need for updating, so I told them I was going to turn it into a warranty claim because the trip numbers (MPG and Speed) weren't working, along with miles to empty on the left side of the screen. Thant prompted them to move on it and install 20.8.

Peter Aawen
08-30-2019, 06:54 AM

No. These 'updates' only apply to the 2018 & on Spyders with the 'new Digital Dash'. So all the earlier Spyders should be fine..... well, apart from the DESS problem, & the valve tim..... OK, you get the picture anyway, don't you?! :thumbup:

Trbayth
08-30-2019, 10:27 AM

To further what Peter said, there *may* be software updates available for your bike but this thread is talking specifically about updates for the digital dash on most of the 2018 and newer models.