PDA

View Full Version : What color do you see in this graphic?

xpeschon
07-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Just want to let you know that I recieved my graphic kit from Marc at Spiral us design today.. When she saw it she was not impressed at all so we talked about it.... The problem is the color of the graphic, lets see if you guys think its the color being displayed..

Its the one on top of this link called Stamped Steel>> Once I get a couple of responses I will then tell you what my wife and I see.. Not a trick question just I want to see if its me or possible Marc and his crew needs to work on this one a bit..
Thanks in advance..
Joe
See Link below:

http://www.spiralusdesign.com/Spyder.html

BumbleBee
07-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Looks Black and Silver or Black and gray. What happened, waiting to make my final purchase with them.....

Derek Paisley
07-13-2009, 09:43 PM
:agree: 100%

BumbleBee
07-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Don and I wrote them today, because that yellow in the design is different then my bike.

Twodog185
07-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Let me guess...it's a black and white picture of "blue steel" graphics.

dltang
07-13-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't know what you are looking for or what you were supposed to get but it looks black, white and gray to me.

Smylinacha
07-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Looks Black and Silver or Black and gray. What happened, waiting to make my final purchase with them.....

:agree:

Brevet05
07-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Don and I wrote them today, because that yellow in the design is different then my bike.

:dontknow:What yellow are we discussing? If it's the graphic from Xpeschon's link, the colors are black, white, and grey, except for the 'Y', which is red.

xpeschon
07-13-2009, 10:24 PM
I am going to hold off till tomorrow,, BumbleBee is my neighbor and before I post the color I just kind of want her to see it so PLEASE BumbleBee come by the house just to get a look at it... Good color combinations thus far to all and Thanks for the reply's so fast--but I MUST have BumbleBee see it as well to confurm that she see's what My wife and I see,,, sorry to keep you folks waiting but "stand by" till tomorrow please...

Joe

BumbleBee
07-13-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't think it's the red Y he is talking about. I believe it's the overall colors, I got this awful feeling, you are killing me with the suspence!!!!:popcorn:

BumbleBee
07-13-2009, 10:28 PM
When and what time do you want me to come over. I'm holding off my final purchase, untill I see yours first. Sorry!!! Any time is fine with me.

effgjamis
07-13-2009, 11:10 PM
black and white negative of whatever.

Firefly
07-13-2009, 11:14 PM
I agree it looks black/white/silverish--- but I've got a feeling that these are printed on a wide-format inkjet --- which means for the black they actually use all 4 or 7, or 8 colors. If the system isn't set up right you may get a 'muddy' black --- might look a bit redish or brown. The gradient areas might be the worst areas to get to look good. If they are done in vinyl then that is a totally different ballgame.

Out here on the internets - it's going to look different for everyone depending on their monitor. I can take a look at work where my monitor is calibrated weekly for accuracy - but it still depends on how good the original image is.

Tom in NM
07-13-2009, 11:18 PM
The link you referenced is a gray-scale image - with a red Spyder Y on it. Gray-scale uses variably sized small black dots on a white background to simulate a range of tones from black to white. Like how black and white newspapers print photographs.

One question I have; is the white in the image clear and does let the underlying color through?

Tom

G-Man
07-14-2009, 04:04 AM
Looks Grey and black to me. With possibly blue in the background.

Mo Lee
07-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Black and Grey however it does look like a B/W picture so it could be anything.

Twodog185
07-14-2009, 05:03 AM
I am going to hold off till tomorrow,, BumbleBee is my neighbor and before I post the color I just kind of want her to see it so PLEASE BumbleBee come by the house just to get a look at it... Good color combinations thus far to all and Thanks for the reply's so fast--but I MUST have BumbleBee see it as well to confurm that she see's what My wife and I see,,, sorry to keep you folks waiting but "stand by" till tomorrow please...

Joe

Are you serious? I live 600 miles away and have to wait for your neighbor to confirm what you see? Why would I care? I want to know how bad the color variance is to decide if to purchase from these guys. Quit with the games. Take a picture and post it.

I can't believe you're keeping us in suspense until tomorrow so you can show your neighbor. That's just plain silly.

:roflblack:

jeuchler
07-14-2009, 05:32 AM
Are you serious? I live 600 miles away and have to wait for your neighbor to confirm what you see? ...

Hey, let's all go!

Road trip!

Banner run!

BRP spyder owners event #3: Ryde to the decal! :joke:

zzneonzz
07-14-2009, 05:42 AM
It looks like a Silver/Grey/White/Black colors changing by the shading where it starts white in area's then kind of fades to black

czdaryle
07-14-2009, 06:34 AM
black and grey, except for the spyder logo, which I wonder how they got permission to use it

davepick
07-14-2009, 06:44 AM
The image displayed is a grayscale image, meaning there are no colors as such, just shades of grey.

Really dont understand the "my neighbor has to see it secrecy" but if you see any other colors then its your monitor not the image.

Firefly
07-14-2009, 09:49 AM
The image displayed is a grayscale image, meaning there are no colors as such, just shades of grey.

Really dont understand the "my neighbor has to see it secrecy" but if you see any other colors then its your monitor not the image.

The image is an RGB image - not grayscale.

0228lisa
07-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Black, grey and white.:dontknow:

Donk45
07-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Is it ugly? Looks whack in the picture...:roflblack:

xpeschon
07-14-2009, 11:01 AM
OK enough already, I wanted to submit a picture with this but you guys are putting some un-needed pressure on me.... BumbleBee is going to bring over her camera and we will load up a couple pic's today after work but I will give away the color for you all...

First of all the graphic to me is fine as far as the design, it is the look that I am looking for,, the installation is somewhat easy IF you take your time and be PATIENT, thats the key.. One flaw in placing 12 pieces on the spyder,, not bad for a newby... I taped the rest of the pieces on just to see what the complete set looks like,,, again I will send a picture of that as well...

I just got off the phone to Marc and again, he is a GREAT guy.. He is shipping out a complete new kit with the correct colors.. So there you have it thusfar.. The color of this kit is GREENISH-----Thats right, a Dark Green/Light Green in spots but again, clearly it's a green color... Stand by for a couple pics later on in the day...

It was just somewhat of an error on his worker's part from what I understand but he re-assured me that this one would be correct and off in the mail today, or maybe tomorrow..

Joe

BumbleBee
07-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Are you sure about that? Sorry but that's not what we all seen. I will see it with my own eyes later. :chat:

Donk45
07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
yeah there is clearly no green in the pic. What a loooong thread to get to that :-)

All that matters is that you like the look (when the color is correct). Good job putting it on, now you will be ready for the real one.

xpeschon
07-14-2009, 11:20 AM
No kidding, I have a little bit of experience in applying it now... The problem is going to be taking it back off though,, I did notice when I was attempted to take a piece off some of the CLEAR COAT was coming off the plastic though,,,wow I'll be into a whole new problem if it this happen's for sure..... I am going to bust out the hair dryer and again, take my time and warm it up a bit before I start peeling it off,, as always I will keep you updated as well..

Joe

Donk45
07-14-2009, 11:23 AM
No kidding, I have a little bit of experience in applying it now... The problem is going to be taking it back off though,, I did notice when I was attempted to take a piece off some of the CLEAR COAT was coming off the plastic though,,,wow I'll be into a whole new problem if it this happen's for sure..... I am going to bust out the hair dryer and again, take my time and warm it up a bit before I start peeling it off,, as always I will keep you updated as well..

Joe

I'd try soapy water, that's what is usually used for tint and stuff. Grab a spray bottle fill it with some soap and water. Start to peel it and then spray the water as you peel.

Smylinacha
07-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey, let's all go!

Road trip!

Banner run!

BRP spyder owners event #3: Ryde to the decal! :joke:

I'm in!:2thumbs:

xpeschon
07-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Got it, soap and water... Never throught of that before but thats the first thing I'm gonna try and do after I take a couple pictures of it,, Look here, thanks for the info..

Joe

Mo Lee
07-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Waiting for the pictures! Don't make me have to take a roadtrip to see them.

xpeschon
07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Ok people here it is.. I have applied some of the kit and others is just taped on for your viewing only.. Thanks to Bumblebee for her camera help, so here you go, the pictures don't really show the green as much as it really is but beleive me its green folks..

DynamoBT
07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Green or not, I like it!

Is your problem with it that it IS green and not greyish?

BumbleBee
07-14-2009, 06:47 PM
I just came from Joe's. Pictures will not show up the original color. We tried many angles with and without the sun, did us no good.

" Schock I was." It was such a dark bright green, the only black on there was the logo. No mistake of the Green!!! :spyder:

That green is ugly on his spyder!!!! Did not match, pattern is really nice, but that COLOR gots to go.

xpeschon
07-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah I'm with you DynamoBT I do like the pattern and yes the problem is that it is Green,, and yes you are correct if it was a grayish/black color I beleive it would really have the look I am looking for... Another one is on the way so stand by for new pictures in a week or so...

PS: Oh ya Mo Lee I saw you today, I was in back of you headed home, I was on the Aero cause you know the deal on the spyder... Got a little wet right??

Joe

Mo Lee
07-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Sorry Joe I didn't even look in the mirror Yea I got wet however it came on so fast I was wet before I could pull over and slip on wet weather gear so I just rode, days like this makes my like the Spyder and the ABS brakes. Graphics look good hope you get the right color next time I know I never would have the patients to get it on straight.

xpeschon
07-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Cleaning the surface and being patient is the key from what I now know.. Possible I could use some of the green graphics to put on the Aero, maybe-- I know one thng, it matches the paint on the Aero for sure, we'll see..

Joe

pphantom538
07-15-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't know what you are looking for or what you were supposed to get but it looks black, white and gray to me.
:agree:

Smylinacha
07-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Ok people here it is.. I have applied some of the kit and others is just taped on for your viewing only.. Thanks to Bumblebee for her camera help, so here you go, the pictures don't really show the green as much as it really is but beleive me its green folks..

I see green in the first pic.