PDA

View Full Version : adjustable windshield bracket

Bimjo
07-13-2009, 08:28 PM
As a former owner (twice) of a original Madstad adjustable windshield bracket for a V-Strom I think this may be an option for some who want a smaller shield and still have the ability to adjust the airflow.

No connection to the company except as a very satisfied customer. No pricing info up yet, but it does look interesting.

Click here to see the Madstad RoboBracket (http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.10/.f).

ataDude
07-13-2009, 08:32 PM
As a former owner (twice) of a original Madstad adjustable windshield bracket for a V-Strom I think this may be an option for some who want a smaller shield and still have the ability to adjust the airflow.

No connection to the company except as a very satisfied customer. No pricing info up yet, but it does look interesting.

Click here to see the Madstad RoboBracket (http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.10/.f).

Thanks for the heads-up and link!

wolfshead1
07-13-2009, 08:43 PM
+1 on Madstad.One of the best items on my dual purpose bikes.

Tom in NM
07-13-2009, 11:26 PM
. . . I like the two attachment options that they are talking about and the adjustability looks to be exceptional.

This could really work for me.
I will stay tuned, Jim, thanks for the heads-up on this.

Tom

Tom in NM
07-27-2009, 12:50 AM
Mark continues to update and make progress on the RoboBrackets, he now has posted a video of how they work.

These look like they are going to give me the versatility I need AND re-cycle some of the shields I have laying around.

Tom

Putt-Putt
07-27-2009, 09:25 AM
This is something that should of been around years ago.:thumbup: :2thumbs::clap:

dltang
07-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Mark continues to update and make progress on the RoboBrackets, he now has posted a video of how they work.

These look like they are going to give me the versatility I need AND re-cycle some of the shields I have laying around.

Tom

I have been working with Mark and one of his RoboBracket prototypes. He also sent a small sample windshield to try out before I drill holes in my F1. I have to tell you, so far I love it!! He is sending a different prototype, I should have tomorrow that he has altered ever so slightly. I will be testing that one out as well. Ultimately what I want to be able to do and I don't think it is going to be a problem, is to take apart my F1 slider. I want to use the bottom part that tatt2r etched and keep that. I will most likely cut it down in size from the top and attache it to the Robobrackets. These things are amazing. There are so many positions for your windshield that you should be able to make any shield work for you. Mark is also working on way to make the adjusting easier before you actually mount the shield itself. He has been great to work with and he loves honest feedback. I can't wait until these go into production for all Spyder riders so they don't have to keep trying out 4 and 4 different windshields before they find one that is right for them. With these Robobrackets, you should be able to get the windshield that you like the look of and make it work for your spyder. Once I get my F1 installed on the bracket and give Mark of Madstad the feedback he needs, I will post my observations here as well.

Capt John
07-27-2009, 09:30 PM
I have been working with Mark and one of his RoboBracket prototypes. He also sent a small sample windshield to try out before I drill holes in my F1. I have to tell you, so far I love it!! He is sending a different prototype, I should have tomorrow that he has altered ever so slightly. I will be testing that one out as well. Ultimately what I want to be able to do and I don't think it is going to be a problem, is to take apart my F1 slider. I want to use the bottom part that tatt2r etched and keep that. I will most likely cut it down in size from the top and attache it to the Robobrackets. These things are amazing. There are so many positions for your windshield that you should be able to make any shield work for you. Mark is also working on way to make the adjusting easier before you actually mount the shield itself. He has been great to work with and he loves honest feedback. I can't wait until these go into production for all Spyder riders so they don't have to keep trying out 4 and 4 different windshields before they find one that is right for them. With these Robobrackets, you should be able to get the windshield that you like the look of and make it work for your spyder. Once I get my F1 installed on the bracket and give Mark of Madstad the feedback he needs, I will post my observations here as well.

Looking forward to your assessment of the brackets with the F-1 slider. I have one also. So far I'm pleased with it, but would like more options with windshield position. I did fine tune the upper windshield per Marcel instructions. This helped, but I still get more movement at higher speeds than I like.

Tom in NM
07-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I have been working with Mark and one of his RoboBracket prototypes. He also sent a small sample windshield to try out before I drill holes in my F1. I have to tell you, so far I love it!! He is sending a different prototype, I should have tomorrow that he has altered ever so slightly. I will be testing that one out as well.

Once I get my F1 installed on the bracket and give Mark of Madstad the feedback he needs, I will post my observations here as well.

. . . . I knew that you were working with him from your earlier post, but I thought it was your place to mention that, not mine.

Your observations so far have got me excited. ( no, not that way! ) I am really looking forward to hearing what you and Brian think about the RoboBrackets.

Tom

dltang
07-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Looking forward to your assessment of the brackets with the F-1 slider. I have one also. So far I'm pleased with it, but would like more options with windshield position. I did fine tune the upper windshield per Marcel instructions. This helped, but I still get more movement at higher speeds than I like.

I am too. I really think with the bottom part of my F1 and these brackets, I will have my ultimate windshield. I may even cut my F1 down some. The sample shield he sent is pretty small and it looks very nice and I get a lot of protection with it. But I do not want to give up my special etched shield and the wonderful artwork that tatt2r did for me. I hope to have it mounted this week and give some reviews.

. . . . I knew that you were working with him from your earlier post, but I thought it was your place to mention that, not mine.

Your observations so far have got me excited. ( no, not that way! ) I am really looking forward to hearing what you and Brian think about the RoboBrackets.

Tom

Thanks Tom, You are always full of compliments and encouragement. I enjoy working with Mark and I hope that we can help him to make a great product for fellow spyder owners. He sincerely wants honest input and thoughts about his bracket and we are doing out best to do that for him. I think the next prototype came in the mail on my way to work so hopefully in the morning, I will get to mount the new one on my spyder. I will keep you posted.