PDA

View Full Version : 2015 rs or rss sorry, complete spyder newb here

bayoubill
08-24-2019, 08:29 AM
i bought a 2015 rs used, seller said rs, but i saw rss on windshield, i looked at the 2015 model list and they look the same to me, how do you know for sure.

BajaRon
08-24-2019, 09:09 AM
i bought a 2015 rs used, seller said rs, but i saw rss on windshield, i looked at the 2015 model list and they look the same to me, how do you know for sure.

The RS and the RSS are identical except for paint job, shocks and sway bar (which is pretty much indistinguishable from the RS sway bar). If you have an RSS it will be obvious. If it's not obvious, then you have an RS (unless it has been repainted or wrapped).

bayoubill
08-24-2019, 09:18 AM
The RS and the RSS are identical except for paint job, shocks and sway bar (which is pretty much indistinguishable from the RS sway bar). If you have an RSS it will be obvious. If it's not obvious, then you have an RS (unless it has been repainted or wrapped).

its solid metallic black, does have fox shocks, rss windscreen,

Chupaca
08-24-2019, 10:13 AM
Many times listings are miss printed as the common discription for an RS will be RS Sm5 or RS Se5 so some list RSS when it is only an RS. Some came with a big RSS sticker on the frunk (front trunk) which made it clear. If you have the fox shock probably an RSS...:thumbup:

billybovine
08-24-2019, 11:06 AM
its solid metallic black, does have fox shocks, rss windscreen,

Since it is solid metallic black it is an RS. The only series model that came in that color in 2015 model. See 2015 RS series spec brochure. https://www.brp.ca/content/dam/canam-spyder/Global/MY2015/Documents/Lineup/2015_RS-Spec-PAC-Sheet%20EN_.pdf

Bfromla
08-24-2019, 11:52 AM
Check the vin number @ a dealer & will tell you too. Also u can get a service history & see if it’s time for something else

BajaRon
08-24-2019, 07:01 PM
Many times listings are miss printed as the common discription for an RS will be RS Sm5 or RS Se5 so some list RSS when it is only an RS. Some came with a big RSS sticker on the frunk (front trunk) which made it clear. If you have the fox shock probably an RSS...:thumbup:

Many put the RSS upgrade shocks on their RS. But I do not think BRP made an RSS that did not have the large RSS print on the trunk lid. I was always partial to the Green one!