PDA

View Full Version : A Two Brothers Option...

adohring
07-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey All,

A while back I picked up the Two Brothers Racing dual pipe for my Spyder. I bought it pretty much soley for the looks of it. Unfortunately, like most folks here I found that it was far to loud for my taste.

I tried the various tips that Two Bros sell, both the P1 and the more restrictive (not recommended by Two Bros) P4 tips. Both still left the exhaust too loud for my taste.

As a final effort, I decided to take it down to a local chopper shop and see what they thought about putting baffles in. They razzed me abit about parking my snow mobile in their lot but then were very friendly. They ended up putting two inch diameter baffles in the center of the exhaust. They used one of the existing screw holes in the back to insert a longer screw that holds the baffle in place. I put the P1 tips back in (I like their look) and they almost completely hide the baffles inside so you cant even tell they are there.

I must say, its great. While I dont have a Hindle to compare it to directly, from others I heard while on a ride, I would say its definitely in that volume level now. I will compare it more closely (a little less from my faulty memory) on the next group ride. Changes the sound some but I still like it and it still barks when you get on it. The Spyder still has much more get up and go than stock as well.

Anyway, just wanted to share this for those that like the look of the Two Brothers pipes but dont like the thunderous sound. This was an option that worked for me. :2thumbs:

regards,
Arjay

ptoemmes
07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Could be a nice save on your part...:congrats:

gdaines
07-13-2009, 07:20 PM
i have the same dual two brothers exhaust.
i just put the P1 tips in because it was kinda load after a little while on it.
what i haven't done yet was install the "juice box" from two bros.
did you have one installed on your spyder and if so....does it make a diff?

Smylinacha
07-13-2009, 08:43 PM
I got the P1 tip from Magic Man. It's still loud but it's a Nice loud now - seemed to give it a deeper tone. My ears don't ring anymore after each ride.:D

SheSpyder
07-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Call me crazy! I've had the Dual pipes now for over a year and just love them! I took the tips out! I guess I just love the loud deep and throaty sound! EVERYONE hears me coming!:ohyea:

Wheelz
07-14-2009, 01:33 AM
just remember to repeat yourself when you talk to her ;)

SethO
07-14-2009, 02:29 AM
2 bros are a$$ I am glad you found a way to make them work, I blew mine up 4 times and have the the back welded on, the magnesium back cap flew off when I was coming back after being welded on. I called two bros and explained that the exhaust does not hold up , I did not want anything from them just wanted to make sure they knew it was not holding up. The guy I talked to gave me some song and dance about his "friend" who has a spyder ran it wide open for 10 minutes and it was fine. When I told him I have ran mine wide open for 45 minutes to an hour ( I know it was at redline the whole time but in was in triples longer that it wasn't in that time) and he had nothing just a well don't use the restrictor tips and use our repack every 2K of miles. What a joke, If anyone else made a fuel management system I would buy it, I know that two bros just puts there name on it.

gdaines
07-15-2009, 10:00 PM
i guess i wanted to know if anyone has installed the JUICE BOX from TWO BROTHER'S? and if anyone has installed it....does it seem to make a difference?

bone crusher
07-15-2009, 11:31 PM
i guess i wanted to know if anyone has installed the JUICE BOX from TWO BROTHER'S? and if anyone has installed it....does it seem to make a difference?

I hope to have mine installed this weekend....Lamont loves his and says that it makes a considerable performance difference...as far as helping mileage, he won't go there...

I have spoken with Evan and 2 bros...there is no question that the JB will open up your bike and give it some more life...you are going to add horsepower.

I can't wait to get mine installed...there are great directions online, including a video by 2bros...

Dragonrider
07-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the effort! :2thumbs:

I didn't even consider the TB pipes because of my experience with them on my Valkryie (6x6's)... my SO could hear me 1/2 mile out -and that was from the front!! :roflblack:

gdaines
07-16-2009, 08:28 PM
nothing more than to save my self time....what settings did you start with on the juice box?
i usually run pretty hard throttle (because it does like to run!) and i would like to see performance as a pay-out.

bone crusher
07-16-2009, 08:54 PM
nothing more than to save my self time....what settings did you start with on the juice box?
i usually run pretty hard throttle (because it does like to run!) and i would like to see performance as a pay-out.

Lamont has the settings on a thread here that maximize performance...I'll likely go with those when I get the JB installed this weekend...