PDA

View Full Version : Audio whine 2015 RT SE

Geep
08-19-2019, 04:01 PM
Today I started getting a very high pitched whine coming from the speakers on all inputs. Any thoughts? Neighborhood dogs are concerned 😟

Revalden
08-19-2019, 07:09 PM
Strong Aurora Borealis today? :dontknow:

PMK
08-20-2019, 12:58 AM
Whine or static?

Several possibilities.

If you ride two up, ask your wife or girlfriend to stop whining.

Second, often a failed alternator diode could induce noise into an electrical system on any vehicle.

Have you recently installed LED lights, or even installed LED lights previously that are not oem Can Am. LED lights are typically noisy. Often the noise generated by LEDs can be difficult to eliminate. Some companies will send plug and play resistors, while others have had good luck installing chokes. Kind of a magnetic ring that the wires are wrapped through. Additionally, if you recently installed aftermarket LED lights, not headlights, but “glow” lights, you may need to install a separate fuse box and route all wires away from oem wire harnesses.

Geep
08-20-2019, 08:59 PM
Whine or static?

Several possibilities.

If you ride two up, ask your wife or girlfriend to stop whining.

Second, often a failed alternator diode could induce noise into an electrical system on any vehicle.

Have you recently installed LED lights, or even installed LED lights previously that are not oem Can Am. LED lights are typically noisy. Often the noise generated by LEDs can be difficult to eliminate. Some companies will send plug and play resistors, while others have had good luck installing chokes. Kind of a magnetic ring that the wires are wrapped through. Additionally, if you recently installed aftermarket LED lights, not headlights, but “glow” lights, you may need to install a separate fuse box and route all wires away from oem wire harnesses.

‘Wife was the one that noticed it, i had earplugs in
I have had LEDs installed for months no issues....this just showed up, bike had not been ridden in a week and there it was. Very high pitched “squeal “ that makes audio system unlistenable.

Geep
08-21-2019, 03:38 PM
Today I started getting a very high pitched whine coming from the speakers on all inputs. Any thoughts? Neighborhood dogs are concerned ��
WTH its gone! Rode today and went thru all the audio inputs and as quiet as before it happened....wife was not with me, any chance her hearing aid with Bluetooth was the culprit? `15 RT dont have a BT connection but my iPhone 8 was plugged into rear audio input.......