PDA

View Full Version : What's your best mod?

C. Lee
08-18-2019, 07:38 PM
I put on the sway bar upgrade a couple of weeks ago and it made a substantial difference in body roll and handling but last week I installed a belt tensioner, wow! It made the entire riding experience more enjoyable. The machine is significantly smoother through all gears and speeds. We rode about 600 miles last weekend without the tensioner and about 400 this weekend with the tensioner and I've experienced less fatigue and I'm not near as worn out as I was before installation. So far the belt tensioner is my best mod. I dont understand why there's not one installed from the factory.

On a side note, would it be too much to ask for factory tire pressure monitoring system built into the bike? Chris

Lew L
08-19-2019, 09:44 AM
I must give 2 mods the :thumbup:.

The anti-sway bar and the ECU upgrade.

Lew L

Wahrsuul
08-20-2019, 05:27 AM
So far my best mod has been the removal of all the extra stuff the PO put on. The flag holders, SM10 and XM radio. For an actual mod, I got the metal man key holder, and looks/works great.

jwt1959
08-20-2019, 05:53 AM
My favorite mod on both my RT-S and F3 LTD would have to be the Bajaron Swaybar. My second favorite on both bikes would be the LED headlights.

als
08-20-2019, 03:06 PM
On my '17 F3 - so far - my floorboards !

robhowen
08-20-2019, 04:06 PM
1. Tri-Axis bars or I could not have kept my RTL.
2. Custom seat; Russell in my case.
3. Elka front shocks.
4-999. Everything else I've done to my bike.

Rob

Mikey
08-20-2019, 04:16 PM
sway bar, magic mirrors, shocks all the way around will be next, with a dr. Humphrey's tensioner:shemademe_smilie: Don't tell her!!!!:yes:

AY4B
08-20-2019, 08:06 PM
Asking what is my best mod is not a fair question. Each mod has its own purpose and I cant say which one is the best. How can I compare my Mustang seat with my F4 windshield ? Or an RLS exhaust system to a Ecu flash? Or a Sway bar to my Elka shocks?Or my black diamond gripper floor boards to my Lamonster gas cap? Or my bad boy Horn to my fender lights? Or my Garmin Zumo to my Billy club bars? or my 16" PPa wheels to my ... well you got me on that one. Its like asking which child is my favorite! Ha!

RICZ
08-20-2019, 09:58 PM
I added front lights for that "can you see me now" thing, a flasher for the brake/tail light in the top case, a luggage rack atop the top case, made my own brake rod mod, but the best is an old Harley peg assembly that eases my getting on and off with a rotten hip. It's in the lower left frame cap. Sorry about the upside down pix. If anyone can rotate them, feel free to do so.

308gunner
08-21-2019, 04:13 PM
2 mods!!!..the stage II ECU Upgrade and the RLS no baffle cat delete..it was easy to Upgrade/Install and inexpensive too....this right here..is the FUN factor!!

Raknid
08-21-2019, 04:20 PM
nod goes to Baja Ron

Fat Baxter
08-21-2019, 05:44 PM
Non-OEM front tires*. Made more of a difference than a new sway bar, IMO.

(* Kuhmo Solus, if you must know)

Ramrover
08-30-2019, 06:03 PM
I have most mods available, but the one i like best is the ECU stage 2 flash.... Read about it at Monster.com or Wick-it. Best bang for the buck bar none......

Bofinn
08-31-2019, 04:07 PM
what's with the upside down pics? Not hard to do a 180 and save to the file...

RICZ
08-31-2019, 04:42 PM
what's with the upside down pics? Not hard to do a 180 and save to the file...
Thanks for the tip, here's my assist peg photo right side up....
Well now...that did not go well. I give up.

als
08-31-2019, 05:02 PM
My best so far has been my Spider Extras bar !!

Flamewinger
08-31-2019, 05:13 PM
Wonder if this works.

I'll add mine as it's the same color with a little red mixed in. I really like the Tri-Axis handlebars. The BRP wind deflectors work really well compared to the Baker ones I had on the Goldwing. Great improvement with the sway bar and alignment. The Neutrino Black Box is fantastic at controlling the lights and accessories with the smartphone. I also enjoy the Tr!c LED dash bracket for mounting GoPro, Waylens360 and phone which makes it more accessible.

stiernan
09-02-2019, 07:36 PM
My favorite mod so far is/are the Can-am RT arm rests. Happy wife, happy life....

wmh9680
09-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Tri-Axis handlebars and ecu upgrade

Daddyray
09-03-2019, 08:33 AM
No sway bar and the Spyderpops Bumpskid is by far the best investement.

Chupaca
09-03-2019, 10:21 AM
As I do my mods a step at a time it is a long list to the final result. The best two would be the handling and the performance. If I had to choose one it would be the handling as the RS performance was quite acceptable stock... :thumbup:

Air Wing Guy
11-04-2019, 11:07 AM
Wonder if this works.

I'll add mine as it's the same color with a little red mixed in. I really like the Tri-Axis handlebars. The BRP wind deflectors work really well compared to the Baker ones I had on the Goldwing. Great improvement with the sway bar and alignment. The Neutrino Black Box is fantastic at controlling the lights and accessories with the smartphone. I also enjoy the Tr!c LED dash bracket for mounting GoPro, Waylens360 and phone which makes it more accessible.

The wings on your Spyder in the first picture appear to be Baker Built, we are happy to hear you are enjoying them.

jcoats1
11-04-2019, 01:04 PM
What's the chance you would sell the XM radio pieces you removed? (Jake)
901 849 0064

ozarkryder
11-04-2019, 01:10 PM
Did a bunch of mods but if I had to do only 1 it would be the addition of a Diamond saddle from Diamond Custom Seat. This is our 3rd one, having had a Diamond on our last 2 Goldwing trikes. I also modded the rear passenger backrest to give Gloria some more room, and so we can raise it up as she wanted more support higher on her back. Kept the original passenger backrest covered to match the seat in case we want it on or for resale.

Rharris
11-04-2019, 02:00 PM
F3 Limited mods ranked from highest
1. Ultimate floorboards
2. Day Long seat
3. Rox handlebarbrisers
4. Stage 2 ECU update
5. Lamonster cat delete
6. Mirror vibration stop blocks (can’t recall what they’re actually called)
7. F4 windscreen
8. Lamonster handlebar mirrors
9. Wide angle OEM mirrors
10. Clearwater Erica lights
11. Wolo bad boy air horn
12. Led headlamp upgrade
13. Lamonster Led fog lamps
14. Lamonster led. Tail light strips and strobe
15. K&n filter
16. Lamonster highway pegs
17. Lamonster cup holder
18. phone holder clamp
19. F4 air wings
20. brp Trailer hitch
21. Passenger armrests
22. Belt tensioner

Please don’t tell my wife about all this hahaha

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-04-2019, 07:27 PM
I loooooooooooooooooooooooove my tunes, so swapping out the speakers to JBL's were a hugh plus for me ….. Mike :ohyea:

Peter Aawen
11-04-2019, 09:09 PM
I loooooooooooooooooooooooove my tunes, so swapping out the speakers to JBL's were a hugh plus for me ….. Mike :ohyea:

Me too!! But I do think we're talking about slightly different tunes! :roflblack:

In my case it was the ECU Upgrade/re-tune that really woke my Spyder up!! With that done, plus a good set of Sport/Tourer All Season tires & the sway bar upgrade, my Spyder's gone from being a peppy, sprightly, & exciting ryde with an over-zealous rev limiter & couple of little 'engine tune' niggles strangling it just a tad to being a rompin', stompin', absobloodylutely phenomenal ryding/riders machine that'll suck the doors and windows outta just about any car & most bikes too.... :ohyea: ....right out 'til the dirty great wall of air the RT hasta push along ahead of it starts to come into play! :shocked: But that's OK, cos in the twisties & the tight stuff with short straights, there's not much that'll keep up with it, and waaay fewer that can actually leave it behind; and once we get out into the wide open spaces with the loooong straights & sweeping curves where some have longer legs, I generally hit 'cruise mode' anyway! ;)

And to add to the joy of all this, just gently cruising along it gets significantly better fuel economy than it did pre-tune upgrade, so now I can get the best features of the torquey but relatively lazy 1330 engines and still keep the excitement & pure revving enjoyment of the V-Twin 998 motor! :ohyea: :yes: :2thumbs:

Tenic
11-04-2019, 10:39 PM
I put on the sway bar upgrade a couple of weeks ago and it made a substantial difference in body roll and handling but last week I installed a belt tensioner, wow! It made the entire riding experience more enjoyable. The machine is significantly smoother through all gears and speeds. We rode about 600 miles last weekend without the tensioner and about 400 this weekend with the tensioner and I've experienced less fatigue and I'm not near as worn out as I was before installation. So far the belt tensioner is my best mod. I dont understand why there's not one installed from the factory.

On a side note, would it be too much to ask for factory tire pressure monitoring system built into the bike? Chris

Which belt tensioner did you install?

PMK
11-05-2019, 05:58 AM
Best in what regards?

If one mod stands out as truly the best improvement, in our case it was when I correctly aligned the front wheels. If the Spyder could not have been corrected to handle curves well, it would have been sold quickly. It was that unstable and uneasy to to ride.

bobbarb4546
11-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Vredstein Quatrac 5 tires all around and Baja Ron's Sway Bar. Both add to Performance, Safety, and comfort of your ride. Remember your tires are the only item on your ride that help ensure your safety that touch the road. Baja Ron's Sway Bar increases the stability and performance of your front end when going around twisty roads and curves. You will not regret making an investment in these upgrades to your Spyder. You will not believe the increased comfort of your ride that you will experience upgrading to car tires.

C. Lee
11-05-2019, 02:24 PM
doc Humphrey's and roadster renovations belt tensioner, made my long highway rides very comfortable. Chris

GSSpyder2008
11-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Leaving it STOCK

INfox
05-20-2020, 06:39 PM
Ramrover, how did you get the wheels red?

Peacekeeper6
05-20-2020, 11:43 PM
Leaving it STOCK

That’s a new one, LOL.

There is always SOMETHING you can modify on a stock Spyder to make it a touch better. Hell, even simple mods like Magic Mirrors transforms the whole bike into something easier to work on.

But I suppose some are just happy with mediocrity.……which frankly, I don’t get.

fjray
05-21-2020, 09:45 AM
The "for sale" sign :thumbup:

Northofthesix
05-21-2020, 05:21 PM
All my tweaks so far have worked great, but if I have to pick one, it is the BajaRon Anti-sway Bar... couldn't believe the difference in handling!

wyliec
05-21-2020, 05:30 PM
That’s a new one, LOL.

There is always SOMETHING you can modify on a stock Spyder to make it a touch better. Hell, even simple mods like Magic Mirrors transforms the whole bike into something easier to work on.

But I suppose some are just happy with mediocrity.……which frankly, I don’t get.

And then there are those that stroke their spyder seat each nite before going to bed, and throwing a blanky over the seat, so it's not cold. Too each his/her own. I'm not judging those that treat it like their baby.

wyliec
05-21-2020, 05:38 PM
The "for sale" sign :thumbup:

After 10 years I got $5,000 for my GS. I may be heading in the direction of a Ryker, with NO mods.

tntnj
05-21-2020, 06:27 PM
1 my sway bar
2 my #3 brake rod
3 My front led lights on the a arms
I like them all (and I will like my new windshield when I get it)

Peacekeeper6
05-21-2020, 06:35 PM
And then there are those that stroke their spyder seat each nite before going to bed, and throwing a blanky over the seat, so it's not cold. Too each his/her own. I'm not judging those that treat it like their baby.

I’m not judging either. I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to make your Spyder better.

The Magic Mirror is a perfect example. It’s simple and gives the driver a better view of the road because it reduces the blurriness that is common when the mirror gets taken on and off numerous times.

Lights are another example. They’re simple to install. Anytime you improve the safety features of the bike by making the road easier to see at night, or have cars be able to see YOU better, is ALWAYS a good mod.

But whatever. If you’re happy keeping the bike stock, making it look every other Joe's and not making it as safe as it can possibly be, go for it.

It is America after all, LOL.

Peacekeeper6
05-21-2020, 06:40 PM
Another simple mod is the larger brake pedal. Those stock ones are dinky. Will you be able to confidently find it with your right foot during an emergency panic stop ??

I know I can, and I have.

BRP will make Spyders to have the largest profit margins. Skimping on such safety features is all the more reason for you to mod it and make it better; i.e. SAFER.

NEXUS
05-22-2020, 05:04 AM
Another simple mod is the larger brake pedal. Those stock ones are dinky. Will you be able to confidently find it with your right foot during an emergency panic stop ??

I know I can, and I have.

BRP will make Spyders to have large profit margins. Skimping on such safety features is all the more reason to mod it and make it better; i.e. SAFER.

I agree with your statement about SAFER :agree: every single Spyder I've owned since they came out
has had a handbrake. Why couldn't BRP make that a simple option for people going from 2 to 3
that still wants that handbrake that they've always had before.

I can't tell you the number of times it saved me because I couldn't get to the foot brake fast enough
for that deer that crossed the road or that unexpected driver who pulled out in front of me.

It was a little more difficult to put on the 2020 but it's on there and works great and everyone
should be able to have that option.

mcalva
05-22-2020, 05:19 AM
Bajaron sway bars, handlebars for low boys and a a button on the right side of the ignition key to activate the parking door remote control.

ChicagoSpyder
05-22-2020, 05:57 AM
Bajaron swaybar last year and some LED's for the upper A-arms, the Lamonster belt tensioner is supposed to be deliveed today :yes:

Almost pulled the trigger on some Vredestiens a couple of weeks ago, and then I saw a thread about the Kanine tire so now I'll wait for some more real world riding reports on those, may as well beat up the stock Kenda's a little more :doorag:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
05-22-2020, 06:48 AM
:spyder2: Valve caps

wyliec
05-22-2020, 08:49 AM
:spyder2: Valve caps

Did you have to rebalance the tires? Do you carry a spare cap?

ssmcclub
05-22-2020, 09:39 AM
Bajaron swaybar front and rear ELKA shocks to make it on rails

RNBOB
05-22-2020, 12:48 PM
My best mod would be the Roadster Renovations F3 Brake pedal mod#2. The stock pedal is way to high.
Next would be the short reach bars with 2in Rox risers and floorboards in position 2.
Tall Boy wind shield, BRP Driver back rest,BRP Adjustable passenger back rest, BRP passenger armrests, passenger floorboards.
I made a rear rack to mount my GIVI 55L trunk .
I have a 2016 F3 limited.
Bob

Arcamguy
05-23-2020, 10:05 AM
1) Vredestein 165/60/15 front tires - Best mod ever!!!
2) Baja Rons Sway Bar
3) F4 Customs windshield & Ultimated Floorboards

troop
05-23-2020, 10:36 AM
Geeez .. Too many that serve specific purposes...
1.) Comfort? Seth Laam seat mod
2.) Ride/handling? Upgraded swingarm/tires/laser alignment
3.) Safety? Extra front/rear lighting
4.) Performance? PV3/mapping
I guess it depends on timing/circumstances...

troop
05-23-2020, 10:42 AM
Did you have to rebalance the tires? Do you carry a spare cap?

Only if they weigh more than an ounce. My little grenade ones are pretty light :)

ARtraveler
05-23-2020, 10:46 AM
I actually had to do some thinking on this one. Over the years, I have farkled six different :spyder2:. Two things have been on ALL of the :ani29: that I have owned.

:ani29: Extra lights. My thought, you can't have to many lights. My most recent has extra driving lights, signature light, mirror lights, vent lights, and on the back trunk, extra lights. The new F3 looks like a fully decked out semi going down the road at night. I think they see me now.

:ani29: Aftermarket seat. I have always cried the blues about the OEM mush seats. On my first (08 GS), I had to have a Corbin with the gas door. On my third (10 RTS), I did the same. I liked both Corbins that I owned. I am a fan of the "firmer" feel. I have always called them "supportive." 56,000 combined miles on the Corbins.

Then, I turned cheapskate. All of the other aftermarket seats have been BRP comfort seats, and on my latest F3, I purchased the Cannonball seat, because I liked the quilted pattern. All of these seats were in the $500 - $600 range. I have found them to be an improvement over the OEM.

I have not added any mechanical devices on ANY of my :spyder:. I am happy with the operation of the machines, and they have all worked well for me.

I have always been into the "bling" mode though. Footboards when they were not OEM, Fairings, Trunk, and Saddlebags, when they were not OEM. The latest, a chrome rack on my F3 trunk.

That's my story. :yes:

bigbadbrucie
05-23-2020, 11:01 AM
Best mods for me were the Tri-Axis handlebars, driver backrest and the Vredestein front tires. Spyder came new with the Rolo alignment,,,,dealer does it (or at least did it) on all setups prior to display.

ClayJ
05-23-2020, 11:26 AM
BRP Backrest

krakum1967
05-23-2020, 02:00 PM
It used to be the RIVCO Floorboard kit.

BUT, the Spyderpops Air Mananagement System, Missing Air Dams, and Missing Heat Shield for the 2012 Spyder RS-S I installed yesterday take the award now. My right foot would swell from the heat that was coming out of that hole in the desert heat, was like somebody peeing hot fire on your foot when you tried to use the floorboards when it was hot out.

I got my floorboards back, plus the two bar drop on the temperature gauge makes me feel a lot happier about the cooling system now, they are vital here in western Colorado, and its nice to see this improved it. The tunnel is even cooler so the seat stay cooler too, great improvement to overall rider comfort.

I wont lie, if I knew about the RS-S Dragon Foot issue, I would not have bought it, its that annoying to me. IF this had not worked I would have traded it for the F3S I have been ogling. I am golden now.

Mazo EMS2
05-23-2020, 02:30 PM
Car tires and spring stiffeners

kokeshi
06-18-2020, 11:06 PM
My husband and I were trying to decide which seats were the best to upgrade our 2015 RT Limited stock seats. We looked at a lot of options and decided that the most comfortable seat was the one on the 2020 RT Limited, Marsala red. So we bought that one.
BEST. MOD. EVER!!!!!
We're picking it up Saturday.:ohyea:

bikerbillone
06-19-2020, 05:31 AM
Ahhh, post #1 from kokeshi and a good one by the way.

kokeshi
06-19-2020, 08:26 AM
Well, I feel kinda dumb because we moved shortly after we bought the 2015 RT in 2017. (It was new.) We went on great trip with the Spyder to the 3 Wheel Rally in Deadwood. I was feeling comfortable on the bike and did a few group rides myself. Lots of fun. After we moved, my husband worked a lot, and neither of us rode much. He's got a better job now so we started riding again. He kept saying that we should take a trip on the bike, but I remember how miserable he was on that seat and was always suggesting that we tow the bike to wherever and ride it when we get there. I started researching a seat solution. He went on a test ride. After reading about the badly needed redesign on the RT, it didn't take much more than a test drive to realize that it was time to trade. So, I'm starting to learn to drive it again. Doing the parking lot thing now. There is a 3 wheel course by BRP that I plan on taking in a few months. Between daily practice on the bike and the course, I should be a better driver than ever. And I'll be learning it all on the new bike!

RICZ
06-19-2020, 10:38 AM
We looked at a lot of options and decided that the most comfortable seat was the one on the 2020 RT Limited, Marsala red. So we bought that one.
Wow! And here I thought an Ultimate was expensive. Silly me. But I know you are going to enjoy your your new seat.

kokeshi
06-20-2020, 12:40 AM
There were comfort issues that had nothing to do with the seat itself which were corrected by the new design, like my husband wanted to have more options for body position on longer trips. I just wish that I could alter my position when we're on longer trips. Unfortunately, the passenger position has few options. I know I'll be getting off and stretching my hips every time we stop for gas.

Gwolf
06-20-2020, 02:33 PM
Best mod lately was giving the hard mount Harley vibrator to my son and buying a new, balanced, smooth riding Spyder.

Stache
06-21-2020, 05:32 AM
Added the bigbikeparts backrest and trunk rack, Canamspyderaccessories hitch

It’s kinda a tossup. The rack is where tankie, my tail gunner, rides and tankie protects me.

The trailer will be useful, but the backrest makes me feel much more attached to the machine.

BillyBrad
02-10-2021, 08:58 AM
Very Beautiful Bike!!!

Steve W.
02-10-2021, 09:19 AM
WOW! 64 posts and only 5 of them mention tires.

As much as I like to add farkles and lights, the two best mods were: front tires and rear tire.

Anything else is just incidental. :dontknow:

iditchmycar
02-10-2021, 09:40 AM
My best custom mod is raising my handlebars 2 inches.

Snoking1127
02-10-2021, 09:47 AM
Federal Formoza AZ01 up front and a couple weeks later the BajaRons sway bar.

Joel The Biker
02-11-2021, 01:16 AM
The heads up display for my speedometer. Best mod ever!!!! I never have to look down at the gauges. My speed is projected onto the windscreen. Only about a $30 mod! Available on Amazon and uses gps satellites for speed. Best mod ever!!!! I have had it on 3 different bikes. It can be seen in green on the windscreen in the photo below

Bfromla
02-11-2021, 04:27 AM
Asking what is my best mod is not a fair question. Each mod has its own purpose and I cant say which one is the best. :agree::dontknow::coffee: the combination works for me;lighting category has probably the most additions & visual enhancements: SpyderPops LED bumpskid:firstplace: trick ringz & fenderz,:2thumbs: rivico &tricLed tail & brake lights. :clap:
Smooth SPYDER Dual mode backrest :firstplace: Very well used as well the LidLox
Rest are quite handy as well, surely don’t wanna give them up.

Schreckftw
02-11-2021, 08:32 AM
For me the sway bar was the best. Looking at some of the others here I think I have some more upgrades to do before spring.

I thought about upgrading the vintage pillion rider on my Spyder to one that is only 25 years old. I hear those come with their own set of issues however! Plus the current one is kinda still great!

Snoking1127
02-11-2021, 09:11 AM
The heads up display for my speedometer. Best mod ever!!!! I never have to look down at the gauges. My speed is projected onto the windscreen. Only about a $30 mod! Available on Amazon and uses gps satellites for speed. Best mod ever!!!! I have had it on 3 different bikes. It can be seen in green on the windscreen in the photo below

Joel, you need to come to Arizona. You will not need the radar detector or heads up display. Just roll with the traffic flow, speed limits here are generally ignored. I just pick a speed and click on the cruise control.

Different vehicles react to the throttle differently. We had a 2004 Buick Rainier with the 5.3 V8 and I hated driving it, as it always felt I had to push it to keep up with traffic. It was totaled last summer and replaced with a Ford Edge ST with the twin turbo 2.7L V6 that puts down 335hp, and I have to pull back on the reins to keep from going to fast, and our 2015 RAM 3500 SRW diesel is the same way. It has long legs and loves to go fast on the freeway.

EdMat
02-11-2021, 10:39 AM

Joel, what mount is that for the radar detector? Looks interesting....................thanks

ollicat
02-11-2021, 04:42 PM

Joel, throw us a link to that HUD.

BillyBrad
02-13-2021, 10:39 PM
Thank You All... SO MUCH... for giving me a trunk full of your" Acquired Spyder Knowledge". Going forward, after my Sea To Sky arrives at dealer, I'm going after a Baja Ron Sway Bar, Mirrorlocs and while still at dealer, Alignment, Back Support and Passenger Arm Rests. Extra up front lighting and turn signals later this spring. I'll tell ya...I'm EXCITED!!! Dealer should be getting my new Spyder in the next few weeks. Lots to plan for. Thanks to all of your Intel, Going forward will be just a whole lot easier on my old mind.

Joel The Biker
02-14-2021, 01:02 AM
Joel, what mount is that for the radar detector? Looks interesting....................thanks

I made the radar mount myself along with many of the other mods like keyless locks( Which I also plan to add to.the 2021.spyder)
The HUD can be found on amazon. I just purchased another for my 2021 S2S on amazon. The brand is Pyle.

Peacekeeper6
02-14-2021, 10:50 PM
Baja Ron Sway Bar, hands down.

It's the best because the installation was quite involved (for me, at least).

But when I got done, WOW, WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!

The sense of accomplishment and the way it turned my Spyder into something more enjoyable and safer to ride make it the best mod for me, and I have made 17 of them.

So far ……

RazzleH
02-15-2021, 04:38 AM
Changing the Top Box tail/brake light dummy for the real thing LEDs, and changing Pannier Reflectors for LED lights made the 2020 F3L much easier to be seen on the road. Fitting a signature light makes the front look better while the Rabbit Sway Bar is really good for smoothing out the cornering and general road holding.

Shadowrun
03-06-2021, 06:54 PM
Man. I love these old threads :)
So many good replies and lists.

So... the “Best” Mod.
Most of you have mod counts nearing the triple digits (across multiple cycles...)
but I’m still a new rider, and haven’t made many changes (...yet).

I kind of read the question as if it said... “If you only got to rYde with 1 mod, your best mod, ...Which mod is it?”

So I sat back in my chair for a min. Loooong sigh. Rubbed my chin. nodded a few times.
Rubbed my chin a little more...
Sigh.

Went out to the garage. :) Walked around the bike. Oggled a bit. Leered suggestively.
Couldn’t decide... so... Took her out, to think it over.

Realized... every mod was selected, overthought, and added with luv & attention.
But if I had to take just 1, it’d be the dang Mirror Locks.

Because while everything else felt like an “improvement” or “bling”, ...the Mirror Locks Fixed something
that bugged the EVER LIVING CRRRAP outta me— From day1 ride1 mile1, right up to the minute I hit the highway after I modded it.

Thats probably Lightyears ago for most of you, but...
I might have only just stopped gritting my teeth about the memory in the last 50miles...
:roflblack:

But to each their own! Happy Riding & Viva La Farkle

PistonBlown
03-09-2021, 04:16 AM
Aux tank that's effectively tripled my range before I need to stop and fill up - I hate stopping and it means I can get even further off the beaten track:-)

ollicat
03-09-2021, 08:21 AM
Aux tank that's effectively tripled my range before I need to stop and fill up - I hate stopping and it means I can get even further off the beaten track:-)

Where do you keep that tank? Pics please

troop
03-09-2021, 08:23 AM

Triple range? That would be around 12 extra gallons.

milryder
03-09-2021, 10:43 AM
My best custom mod is raising my handlebars 2 inches.

What did you use to raise? Lamonster kit, etc.?

PistonBlown
03-09-2021, 06:13 PM
Where do you keep that tank? Pics please

it's mounted on my rear rack (big cylinder in pic that looks like a mini beer barrel) and plumbed into the main tank so as fuel is used from the main tank more is pulled through. Here is a closeup of it mounted and also how the pipe feeds through via a quick release connector:

PistonBlown
03-09-2021, 06:24 PM
Triple range? That would be around 12 extra gallons.
I'm not sure on the exact capacity as I was given the tank by someone after helping them out (long story). However because its plumbed into the top of my main tank it allows me to completely fill that as well, if you have an RS you'll know they are really hard to fill - and being a 2011 RS has a lot lower range than the newer models. So with gas stations being few and far between here the furthest I'd risk is 200km before looking to fill-up, even then I've run out once when the pump was out of action and the next gas station was too far. Now I can do 400km before gas gauge starts to drop which means I can treat my main tank as a massive reserve:-)

Peter Aawen
03-09-2021, 07:11 PM
it's mounted on my rear rack (big cylinder in pic that looks like a mini beer barrel) and plumbed into the main tank so as fuel is used from the main tank more is pulled through. Here is a closeup of it mounted and also how the pipe feeds through via a quick release connector:

I'm not sure on the exact capacity as I was given the tank by someone after helping them out (long story). However because its plumbed into the top of my main tank it allows me to completely fill that as well, if you have an RS you'll know they are really hard to fill - and being a 2011 RS has a lot lower range than the newer models. So with gas stations being few and far between here the furthest I'd risk is 200km before looking to fill-up, even then I've run out once when the pump was out of action and the next gas station was too far. Now I can do 400km before gas gauge starts to drop which means I can treat my main tank as a massive reserve:-)

Rough guesstimate, the tank looks like it's gonna hold something like 40 litres, so close to double the standard tanks 'useable fuel' capacity of a tad over 20 litres to the filler ring. :ohyea: Then when you add in the extra capacity you get by completely filling the standard tank (not so much air or expansion gap above the filler) it's pretty easy to see how a tank like that, to give you better than 60 litres of gas all up, could triple the Spyder's original range!! :yes: :clap:

I want one!! :ohyea: There again, given that I have an RT, I think it might not be able to work quite the same way? :banghead: Oh well, still thinkin' :rolleyes: