PDA

View Full Version : Washing a Spyder?

P3EWO
08-17-2019, 05:32 PM
Recently bought an F3 LTD and am wondering how you all wash your spyders. Is it as simple as spraying it with a hose? I'm concerned about the speakers and elec BRP dash geting wet. Any advice would be great, thanks.

Mazo EMS2
08-17-2019, 05:42 PM
As long as you don't purposely flood the electronics with high pressure water, you'll be fine. Just imagine riding in a downpour, and where the water will go....treat it like that and you'll be fine. These things were designed for getting caught in the rain

Jeriatric
08-17-2019, 05:45 PM
Mother nature doesn't play by any rules and they seem to do just fine in the rain.

If you're concerned, only put water where you think it needs it.

Skups
08-17-2019, 06:40 PM
The way I see it, they can be ridden in the rain, so things will get wet. I wash with soap and water just like any other vehicle. Then to get rid of water spots, I use an air compressor to blow off most of the water then hand dry. I do blow out the speakers but not at full pressure, don’t want damage the speaker cones. It’s a bit time consuming but my wife and I usually do it together. She hates seeing the Spyder dirty.

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-17-2019, 08:56 PM
Recently bought an F3 LTD and am wondering how you all wash your spyders. Is it as simple as spraying it with a hose? I'm concerned about the speakers and elec BRP dash geting wet. Any advice would be great, thanks.
I use the pressure wash wand on my RT at a local car wash. Going thru the drive through doesn't appeal to me! :roflblack:

happyspyder2039
08-18-2019, 02:22 AM
Meguiers car wash soap & good old bucket hand wash for me

P3EWO
08-18-2019, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the advice all... Much appreciated.

ARtraveler
08-18-2019, 10:21 AM
Bucket wash and soap (gentle around the electronics) and you should be good to go. I do not use pressure wash utensils. Light spray with garden hose when in the electronics areas.

bluewoo
08-18-2019, 10:40 AM
Nice and soapy keeps from scratching the paint then I finish with mothers CMX.

RICZ
08-18-2019, 11:29 AM
If it's dirty, but not looking as though it competed in a motocross in the rain, I do my "wet cloth, dry cloth" wash. I fill a bucket with plain water, toss in and old washcloth - wring it semi dry and wipe and area, then dry with an old hand or bath towel.
Being OCD about my vehicles, upon returning home, I dust them off with a California duster and/or a super fluffy microfiber cloth. Water washer are few and far between.

cptjam
08-18-2019, 11:53 AM
Soap ,bucket , hose, wash mitt, microfiber cloths. Elbow grease. Ours get filthy, as we get caught in the rain frequently. Seem to be pretty waterproof!

RosieriderKY
08-18-2019, 05:39 PM
I quit washing with water when I tried the cleaner Lamonster sells. I have been using it now for a few years and I does what is advertised just better.