PDA

View Full Version : Hindle Help !!

Tripod
07-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I purchased a used Hindle and was going to swap it straight out. I saw a video that shows a guy doing just that. Then I read a post where the owner was talking about a new, thinner seal that came with her Hindle...and I've heard that a thin amount of Hi Temp RTV should be used. What do I need to do this swap:gaah:

Tripod :helpsmilie:

CRUCIFIED
07-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I had the same issue when I bought a used hindle...I did the "how to" thing and had massive leaks.

The "how to" is fine but I would suggest adding the following step. Not the most technical description but its the best I can do. (I am a Pastor not a mechanic ..lol) anyway....

Pick up the copper hi-temp RTV "make a gasket" and spread a thin ring on the inside collar of the hindle about 1/4" thick. slide it on carefully, clamp it down just snug enough to hold it in place. Let the silicone fully cure per the directions and then tighten it again. Take the spyder out for a couple mile ride to heat it up....tighten it again and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

Batmobile
07-12-2009, 05:18 PM
My dealer told me to use Ultra Black high temp rtv. That's what they use when they install them. They said to let it set up for an hour before you start it.