PDA

View Full Version : MSF safety course graduate

superfly3
07-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I am now a grad of the abate of Indiana MSF safety course it is a three day course,some of you all ready know but just wanted to share my experience with the class and wanted to get my endorsement. Now officaly legal:2thumbs: Here are some pics from the course.

Big Arm
07-12-2009, 03:47 PM
:congrats: Did they let you take the course using your spyder :dontknow:

superfly3
07-12-2009, 03:54 PM
no I had to use a suzski 125cc they provided it was fun but nervious too,did good on skills test only three points deducted out of 20 possible to pass the class and the written test 95%.:clap:

superfly3
07-12-2009, 04:09 PM
I am the one in circled in blue.

Motza
07-12-2009, 04:47 PM
:congrats: I also enjoyed taking the course in Pa.

mrwidget
07-12-2009, 05:09 PM
:congrats: good job

QuadManiac
07-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I took the course in CA a few months ago with my 21 y/o son - lots of fun, good father/son bonding and the best money I've ever spent from a safety standpoint. Plus I can gloat over him because he missed 5 points in the final riding exam and I aced it!

2spyders
07-12-2009, 06:59 PM
:congrats:
IMHO, this is the smartest way to get your motorcycle endorsement. I did it about twenty years ago, back when there were hardly any women (I was the only woman who passed in my class) and most of the guys taking it were just trying to get points back on their licenses from speeding or other violations. But I went from never having ridden a motorcycle on Friday evening, to passing the test on Sunday afternoon. It was a VERY valuable experience.

effgjamis
07-12-2009, 07:17 PM
:congrats::congrats:

Smylinacha
07-12-2009, 07:44 PM
:2thumbs::congrats:

Brevet05
07-12-2009, 08:00 PM
The services have a requirement for all Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines to take a MSF-approved course before we can ride a motorcycle on base. My course also happened to be the second time I'd been on a motorcycle (Honda Nighthawk). it was really great, especially since Texas substitutes a successful completion for the driving test to get a motorcycle endorsement.

I'm very good at slow speed maneuvering, probably from cycling, so this was not too tough a course. That said, I went right from getting my endorsement to the Spyder dealer for my test ride. The very young salesman sat me on the Spyder, hopped onto an Aprilia, and the next thing I knew, I was chasing him out onto I-35 at 70 mph, roughly 40 mph faster than I'd ever ridden! What a rush. If he'd been as good at negotiating as he was at riding, I'd have gone home that day with one, but it all worked out anyway.:2thumbs:

Bersquack
07-12-2009, 08:05 PM

SPYMAN
07-12-2009, 08:21 PM
I took the course here in NV!!

SPYMAN

ArmyJoe
07-12-2009, 08:56 PM
I took the course two weeks ago at a Harley dealer north of Columbus, Ohio. We used 500cc Buell Blasts. It was my first time on a motorcycle, but I've been mountain biking for years, so lean and counter lean came naturally. I considered it a compliment when the instructor asked me how long I'd been riding a motorcycle. Within the week of graduating the course, I bought a Spyder and I'll be picking it up tomorrow!

NancysToy
07-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Now I feel old, they didn't have any classes when I got my endorsement.......:doorag:
I feel older, They didn't have endorsements when I started riding.
-Scotty

Motza
07-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I feel older, Theydidn't have endorsements when I started riding.
-Scotty
It's never to late, you'll probably teach them a few things or so.

retread
07-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I try to take the MSF course every couple of years to brush up on riding skills, found out this time I've been on 3 wheels too long; passed the course, but next year I'll take the trike course if it's available. The certificate is good for a reduction in insurance fees, too.

john

superfly3
07-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I tell you what it makes for a long weekend,but at least I have my endorsement now. All I have to do now is go and get it but on my drivers liesense.:yes:

8LEGS
07-25-2009, 10:48 AM
:congrats: Greg! Now your legal.:yes::yes::yes:

superfly3
07-25-2009, 10:51 AM
thanks, it was a fun course and got to meet alot of people,thats always a plus.:clap:

DannyS
07-25-2009, 11:48 AM
When I was talking to my insurance agent about insurance for my bike she asked me how long I had a motorcycle endorsement I told her and told her I had been riding 5 years longer that that. She asked why I had rode 5 years before getting the endorsement and I told her they did not have endorsements until then!:D I have taken the MSF course several times I was going to take a trike course at the upcoming International Trike Rally in Aug at Branson but they only had room for 14 trikes and it was already full.:gaah:

bjt
07-26-2009, 06:33 AM
When I was talking to my insurance agent about insurance for my bike she asked me how long I had a motorcycle endorsement I told her and told her I had been riding 5 years longer that that. She asked why I had rode 5 years before getting the endorsement and I told her they did not have endorsements until then!:D I have taken the MSF course several times I was going to take a trike course at the upcoming International Trike Rally in Aug at Branson but they only had room for 14 trikes and it was already full.:gaah:

Great story about your insurance DannyS. People reading SpyderLovers who are researching / contemplating buying a Spyder should see this post as a huge plus for the Spyder. You and the other long time motorcycle riders who now own and enjoy a Spyder add a ton of validity to the machine. :bowdown:

SheSpyder
07-26-2009, 08:06 PM
:clap:Way to go! :congrats: