PDA

View Full Version : Being more accepted. What a difference two years make

SpyderSkeets
08-13-2019, 07:32 PM
When I got my first Spyder a couple years ago, it seemed like the "wave" was rarely reciprocated. But over this past riding season, and especially since I got my new F3S, it seems like the wave is now returned more often than it is not. And not only that, it is often initiated by the other biker. Harleys, Crotch Rockets, cruisers customs...you name it...they all wave now!

Mazo EMS2
08-13-2019, 08:05 PM
Alas...another "wave" thread....it is what it is. I don't wave to every F150 driver I meet on the hwy, just because I drive one, so, I don't really feel the need to wave at every bike on the road, Spyder or other make,. I don't know them, they don't know me....I consider myself a friendly guy, but I don't wave at everyone.....heck, NOBODY'S that dang happy and friendly all the time...LOL...Yeah yeah, I know some of you probably are...Wave to me, I'll wave back....but I'm usually not the initiator of "the wave":popcorn:

UtahPete
08-13-2019, 08:13 PM
When I got my first Spyder a couple years ago, it seemed like the "wave" was rarely reciprocated. But over this past riding season, and especially since I got my new F3S, it seems like the wave is now returned more often than it is not. And not only that, it is often initiated by the other biker. Harleys, Crotch Rockets, cruisers customs...you name it...they all wave now!

How do you suppose they know you passed the 2 year mark? :dontknow:

starrider60
08-13-2019, 08:28 PM
I've ridden since I was 12 years old so I feel I am part of the riding community so I wave at other riders regardless of the brand of ride. I have noticed that more of them return my wave than a year or so past. I'll keep on waving at all riders. :doorag:

ARNIE R
08-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Guess I must live in the wrong part of Loudoun County........Haha! I seem to get quite the opposite........

Navydad
08-13-2019, 08:47 PM
Alas...another "wave" thread....it is what it is. I don't wave to every F150 driver I meet on the hwy, just because I drive one, so, I don't really feel the need to wave at every bike on the road, Spyder or other make,. I don't know them, they don't know me....I consider myself a friendly guy, but I don't wave at everyone.....heck, NOBODY'S that dang happy and friendly all the time...LOL...Yeah yeah, I know some of you probably are...Wave to me, I'll wave back....but I'm usually not the initiator of "the wave":popcorn:

+1 :agree:

Chupaca
08-14-2019, 12:53 AM
There are more and more of us.. I wave to all even motorcycle cops and thumbs up to all firefighters..:thumbup:

ChicagoSpyder
08-14-2019, 05:18 AM
I'm new to the Spyder world this past spring and I get the wave well over 90% of the time, when you're out there open air riding you're a fractional part of traffic and that's what makes it special, it doesn't matter if you're on two wheels or three, and if you ever have an issue while out riding you know who it's going to be that is going to stop to help you out.

ARtraveler
08-14-2019, 10:44 AM
The "wave" subject will have all kinds of opinions. Our response varies, but we try to get them in if waved at.

We notice we get more waves here in Arkansas than we did in Alaska though. :yes: And that includes all flavors of bikes.

2dogs
08-14-2019, 11:09 AM
BMW's, choppers, and crotch rockets generally don't respond. Why? My guess is that we have 1 too many wheels and that just doesn't cut it. In our travels I've noticed they're generally just an unfriendly bunch that won't even respond to a friendly "hello" from a 3 wheeler in a restaurant or gas station parking lot. However, I've never had another spyder rider not respond.

Revalden
08-14-2019, 12:45 PM
BMW's, choppers, and crotch rockets generally don't respond. Why? My guess is that we have 1 too many wheels and that just doesn't cut it. In our travels I've noticed they're generally just an unfriendly bunch that won't even respond to a friendly "hello" from a 3 wheeler in a restaurant or gas station parking lot. However, I've never had another spyder rider not respond.

BMW riders are too STUCK UP, Crotch Rockets riders have their weight on their arms and Chopper Riders are afraid to take their hands off the handle bars. :joke:

Docster
08-22-2019, 01:07 PM
It's a recognition of a member of the motorcycle community, or brotherhood as some consider it. Same reason most of us always stop for a stranded biker...