PDA

View Full Version : Insert a picture

jlc41
08-10-2019, 07:09 PM
Can someone please explain how to insert a picture in a reply. Am not sure what URL means.
Thanks in advance Neanderthal
Joe

spyderider1
08-11-2019, 08:21 AM
Hi Joe, It's pretty easy once you've done it few times. Below the post you're replying to is the Reply to Thread page. Along the top is a Toolbar with various functions at your disposal. The button third from the right is the one for loading pictures. When you click on it, it will give you a choice of uploading a picture from your computer's Picture file or a URL which is any address on the Internet. Once you select the picture click on the Upload button and it should appear in your reply to the original post like this one....

Jeriatric
08-11-2019, 08:43 AM
Can someone please explain how to insert a picture in a reply. Am not sure what URL means.
Thanks in advance Neanderthal
Joe

Lower right of reply screen - click go advanced.

Once there - Click Manage Attachments.

You decide if it’s a photo from your photos or a URL.

Select your file type.

Click upload.

Click Close this window (top of box).

Click preview post.

If satisfied…..click Submit reply.

Done!

Chupaca
08-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Lower right of reply screen - click go advanced.

Once there - Click Manage Attachments.

You decide if it’s a photo from your photos or a URL.

Select your file type.

Click upload.

Click Close this window (top of box).

Click preview post.

If satisfied…..click Submit reply.

Done!

Wow.... thanks I did not know this method but it is much better than the other as you can pick several pictures at once and upload them all with one step. Not that I know that much and have seen this when doing albums and garage uploads just did not know this for posts.....:bowdown:

Ex-Rocket
08-11-2019, 09:29 AM
174794 See even I can do it

Lew L
08-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Wow---- even this dinosaur can do it. I'm The old fa^t on the left with skis. Son and grandkids are on snow boards . I'm always waiting for them to catch up.

Deanna777
08-12-2019, 02:33 PM
An other "how to post a picture" question:

How to post a picture using a Google Chrome Acer computer?

I have posted links for pictures that I have taken of my spyder. But I have tried on a reg computer( not mine) to look at my own link but it asks me to "Sign in to my account, with a name/password.

Has anyone else had the issue trying to look at my pictures that I have posted with a link?

Deanna

RideOn
08-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Deanna, I’m not entirely sure I understand your question, but there is an important difference between uploading a picture file and uploading a link to an online picture.

If it is a link to a picture on an online service, for example Photobucket, and the file in Photobucket is not shared with the public, then you will be asked to sign in. The ability to see the picture is set at the source; the hyperlink only points to that picture, it does not specifically grant access to it.

Uploading the file, on the other hand, means the file is sent to SpyderLovers, and attached as part of your post. There is no need to link to external storage such as Photobucket.

I’d just advise you to be very careful about sharing files from an online service. At the very least, put the shared files in a separate directory from anything you do NOT want to share.

Let me know if you’d like additional help on this.

Best wishes, Bob

Deanna777
08-13-2019, 06:49 PM
Deanna, I’m not entirely sure I understand your question, but there is an important difference between uploading a picture file and uploading a link to an online picture.

If it is a link to a picture on an online service, for example Photobucket, and the file in Photobucket is not shared with the public, then you will be asked to sign in. The ability to see the picture is set at the source; the hyperlink only points to that picture, it does not specifically grant access to it.

Uploading the file, on the other hand, means the file is sent to SpyderLovers, and attached as part of your post. There is no need to link to external storage such as Photobucket.

I’d just advise you to be very careful about sharing files from an online service. At the very least, put the shared files in a separate directory from anything you do NOT want to share.

Let me know if you’d like additional help on this.

Best wishes, Bob

Bob,

That helps me.

If I need more info. I'll send you a PM.

Deanna

spyderider1
08-14-2019, 08:05 AM
I have posted links for pictures that I have taken of my spyder. But I have tried on a reg computer( not mine) to look at my own link but it asks me to "Sign in to my account, with a name/password.

Has anyone else had the issue trying to look at my pictures that I have posted with a link?

Deanna

That's because the website doesn't recognize you on another computer. Example; you belong to this Forum, you had to register at one time to post messages, including pictures so this Forum knows it's you when you post from your computer. However, on another computer (at work, a friends, etc.} those computers are not registered here under your name and so you won't see your pics and you'll get the message telling you to "sign in". It's kind of a security thing, you wouldn't want someone else posting things using your name. I hope this helps.

Deanna777
08-14-2019, 05:37 PM
That's because the website doesn't recognize you on another computer. Example; you belong to this Forum, you had to register at one time to post messages, including pictures so this Forum knows it's you when you post from your computer. However, on another computer (at work, a friends, etc.} those computers are not registered here under your name and so you won't see your pics and you'll get the message telling you to "sign in". It's kind of a security thing, you wouldn't want someone else posting things using your name. I hope this helps.

Yes, that helps.

Deanna

jlc41
08-16-2019, 04:33 PM
Thanks all for the replies. I got er done.