PDA

View Full Version : VSS flashing on a wet road - normal ?

Jwill
08-08-2019, 09:47 AM
I was out riding my F3S Daytona 2017. When I was turning right after a light, I turned slowly but when I was about to make the full turn, I did full throttle from gear two to gear three and all of a sudden this VSS light flashing for about 2 seconds and then went away. The bike swayed a little bit from the wet road conditions. Would like to ask you guys if this is normal? Or could there be something wrong with my bike? 174706

Chupaca
08-08-2019, 09:55 AM
If your slipping and sliding for sure as it is the (Vehicle stability system) VSS and if you are not going straight and level it will warn you. The F3's have a more relaxed VSS but still there. Many times you can slip and slide and spin the back wheel causing this to occur...You know all wheels traveling at the same speed....:thumbup:

ARtraveler
08-08-2019, 09:57 AM
The bike was getting on the edge....VSS would have saved your bacon.

Have also had our Subaru's light up from time to time...usually in icy conditions.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-08-2019, 10:01 AM
I was out riding my F3S Daytona 2017. When I was turning right after a light, I turned slowly but when I was about to make the full turn, I did full throttle from gear two to gear three and all of a sudden this VSS light flashing for about 2 seconds and then went away. The bike swayed a little bit from the wet road conditions. Would like to ask you guys if this is normal? Or could there be something wrong with my bike? 174706

Yes this is Normal …. the VSS is doing what it was designed to do ….. You may not feel your tires slipping but the VSS ( on Spyders ) is far more sensitive to surface traction than what most humans can feel. …… Any lubricant ( like water ) reduces the surface traction a lot more than you might think. ….. Mike :ohyea:

JayBros
08-08-2019, 01:00 PM
When you gassed it in the turn you upset a yaw sensor.

CA Railwhale
08-09-2019, 11:47 AM
It depends on the road surface and amount of water on it. In a bad rainstorm, I was going up a steep hill in my car and I could feet the traction control kicking on and off due to the amount of water flowing down the hill reducing the traction of the front wheels. Your VSS is probably sensing a intermittent loss of traction in one or more wheels.

Gwolf
08-09-2019, 12:21 PM
That is the way it is supposed to work. My truck hits some bad mud and one wheel breaks loose and starts spinning, the traction control locks up the rear end sending power to both back tires and the slip control light on the dash lights up. Only broke the F3 loose bad enough one time and had to do that intentionally.