PDA

View Full Version : glare or mirror effect on instrument cluster

whitedog43
08-05-2019, 09:37 AM
does anyone have any answer or response to the glare or mirror effect on the instrument cluster, i'm having a diffuclt time with reflections off the face of the panel almost like a mirror i sure will be thankful for any ideas on how to eliminate the reflections on this

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-05-2019, 09:45 AM
does anyone have any answer or response to the glare or mirror effect on the instrument cluster, i'm having a diffuclt time with reflections off the face of the panel almost like a mirror i sure will be thankful for any ideas on how to eliminate the reflections on this

Just a thought, places that do picture frames / framing etc. could sell you a piece of the plastic they use that is NON-glare …… you would have to shape it yourself …. I wouldn't glue it to the OEM one …..I have found wearing a dark colored shirt helps ….. Mike :ohyea:

Chupaca
08-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Depending on your model and the moments when this occurs you would have to deflect. There are those time when you will be at the right angle and the sun will cause this to happen. There must be some anti-glare type material you could put over the dash. I get it some times and when my back is to the sun it will beat down on the instruments and can drop the safety card over the dash to keep the screen from being affected. All of this is short lived so I have gotten used to it. The analogs gauges are still visable in most cases....:thumbup:

JayBros
08-05-2019, 09:54 AM
Ride exclusively at night! Seriously, the subject has arisen from time to time and some folks advocate wearing dark clothing to reduce the problem. I refuse to do without my high viz jackets and just put up with it. It's just a function of the sun's poistion and when you're riding. I think BRP could come up with an answer, such as a semi-frosted cluster lens, but if they did the price of the cluster would probably double or more. It's just something up with which we we must put to roughly paraphrase Winston Churchill.

whitedog43
08-05-2019, 11:33 AM
thanks fellows for your responses, one of those things that i guess we live with, i have found as was suggested darker clothing does help

3Tyme
08-05-2019, 03:23 PM
do a search on amazon for " anti-glare film cut to fit " film made for pc screen may work

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-06-2019, 10:06 PM
I use an anti-glare screen protector made for smartphones and tablets. Just cut it to fit. Doesn't totally eliminate the glare but helps a lot!

stmike 1800
08-07-2019, 11:23 AM
I find the screen on the 2018 rtl is like a magnet it draws dust,have to carry a cloth to wipe it .