PDA

View Full Version : Need a new set of front tires, what have people tried

SethO
07-10-2009, 07:15 PM
My fronts are getting down there in the inside, I would assume that hard cornering would eat more of the inside on the tire but unsure if I need or can do the camber adjustment myself, I have almost 11k on the front tires wondering what others have gotten out of their and what they have replaced them with? Also how much and where you got them?

got some pics and will put them up in a bit.

SethO
07-10-2009, 07:38 PM
here are the pics of both tires

bjt
07-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Last time we discussed this, there was no known way to adjust the camber. Evidently its alluded to in one of the BRP manuals but there is never given any instructions as to how to do it and close inspection of the front end doesn't reveal any obvious methods for adjusting the camber. dltang had uneven wear of her front tires and we (dealer, BRP, us) attributed that to improper tire pressures.

Firefly
07-10-2009, 08:25 PM
I took mine to a local tire shop and had the tires swapped from one rim onto the other - so in effect it rotated them so the previously worn 'insides' are now on the outsides.

SethO
07-11-2009, 09:33 PM
how did it ride after that rotation? I have heard that it is uneven riding when you do that with cars?

Firefly
07-11-2009, 09:59 PM
how did it ride after that rotation? I have heard that it is uneven riding when you do that with cars?

Rides great - did not notice any difference at all. The reason for removing the tires is that these have a rotational tread - so you cannot just swap from one side to the other. Many car tires are like this too - which is why they may only swap from front to back during a 'rotation'.

jimcrom
07-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I also had uneven wear on the inside front tires at 10,000 miles so I did the tire rotation swap and it was out of balance so I had to take it in and get it rebalanced. Also increased the air pressure to 20 lbs. Still trying to decide on what type of tire to buy when I replace them.

Rides great - did not notice any difference at all. The reason for removing the tires is that these have a rotational tread - so you cannot just swap from one side to the other. Many car tires are like this too - which is why they may only swap from front to back during a 'rotation'.

DragonSpyder
07-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Mine started to wear on the insides until I set to slight toe-in. There is now just a slight wear on the outsides of the tires like there should be. It also turns with less pressure on the bars and has less wandering on uneven roads. Seems many are set to toe-out from the factory. With the Toe-out (factory) setting it does seem to do better holding a line in windy conditions.