Help

Mikey4201
07-30-2019, 01:36 PM
How to replace?
Help

RT limited

Bfromla
07-30-2019, 01:46 PM
still have the spare? Dealer can add/program new keys to the bike but needs original to do so, cut the same otherwise think your looking at new ignition.

jcthorne
07-30-2019, 02:16 PM
Or turn DESS off and use a standard metal key with no chip.

ricford
07-31-2019, 06:32 PM
OK, how to turn DESS off. I once stopped at a Shell station in Longview, TX. Sitting on a table, eating a sandwich, a grandmother asked if her 5 yr old could sit on the bike. Sure, why not. I had left the key in the ignition. When I finished my sandwich, I went to the bike. The key was gone. The little so and so took it. Just that morning, I had put an extra key in my pocket. So avoided the ensuing calamity. Got back home, bought 2 keys from the dealer, took to a key shop to copy, returned to dealer who hooked the computer to my bike and programmed the keys. I very soon, took that third key and taped it to the bike. Imagine which part of the plastic you can remove without tools. Metal tape. Two years later, it is still there.

jcthorne
08-01-2019, 08:49 AM
OK, how to turn DESS off.

Requires Megatech BUDS licence, just flip a setting to turn it off. No more DESS problems.

Come by our shop, I'll be happy to do it for you. You would not be our first customer to ride over from LA. We have several that come for most of their service needs.

TerryTheSpyderRyder
08-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Or turn DESS off and use a standard metal key with no chip.

Just curious. How do you turn off DESS without disabling the bike?

jcthorne
08-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Just curious. How do you turn off DESS without disabling the bike?

Read one post up

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-01-2019, 09:06 PM
still have the spare? Dealer can add/program new keys to the bike but needs original to do so, cut the same otherwise think your looking at new ignition.
From 2014 on the original is not needed to program the keys into the DESS. You do, of course, have to have one of the two originals to cut a new one, unless you have a good locksmith make one from scratch!