PDA

View Full Version : Attaching pics

teninospyder
07-30-2019, 09:36 AM
OK.........….Yes I'm old enough to have problems with current day computer things that allow you to do anything you want as long as you know what you need to do in the first place :banghead::banghead::banghead: what happened to find the picture on your computer, attach it to your open file, and be done"?
So......….Probably answered a 1000 times before but...…………...how do you attach pics to a PM ??
All I see is "attach image", and then there is a box that says "attach URL".....or something like that. :dontknow::dontknow:
forever appreciate any "procedure" help :bowdown:

Chupaca
07-30-2019, 10:00 AM
When typing your message and wanting to add a picture... go to the icon on the second row that is a picture with black corners and click on it. You should get a box with from computer or URL address. click from computer and it should take you to your files on the computer. Click on the location then click on the picture and it will take you back to the message and you then need to click on "upload". This may take a sec or two depending on the size. In your message it used to appear as a picture but now it is only the information. To check click on "preview post " and you will see the picture...:thumbup:

Batmobil-F3
07-30-2019, 10:22 AM
Hello Gene,
unfortunately it is not possible to upload images to PMs. Only the option to embed an image via URL is available in a PM. So Ray is right, no image upload in PMs.

JayBros
07-30-2019, 10:28 AM
Gene, there's a problem. Your method works fine for inserting a picture into a general forum message, but in a PM the only option is to insert a URL; there is no option to select a file from the computer. I futzed around with it trying to send one to Ray and just can't get it to work. I tried inserting the path of a chosen .jpeg image into the URL line and got nothing when I clicked "Preview Message." All that happened is the text of the path appeared in the message preview. I tried too the Snipping Tool to paste an image but it wouldn't work either.

I suspect the ability to send pictures in in PMs is intentionally disabled to avoid cluttering a server somewhere with images.

Chupaca
07-30-2019, 10:43 AM
Your all correct...I was thinking of the normal and not the PM... don't do much PM'ings but will check it out seems I tried at some point....:thumbup:

Batmobil-F3
07-30-2019, 10:46 AM
Hello Ray,
with a trick you can attach pictures. First you have to attach the pictures in a normal posting. Don't send the posting, just leave the page. The pictures can now be found in your personal attachment area. Go to the PM area and scroll down. There you will see the link "Attachments" in the left menu. If you click on this link, you can see all your uploaded pictures. Click with the right mouse button on the link for the desired picture. In the PopUp menu you should see an item "Copy Link Address" depending on your browser. This click and now you can insert the link in the PM into the field "URL" in the picture popup via "Paste" (keys <CTRL>+<V>).

Supplement from 31.07.2019
My solution does not work. The uploaded images will be deleted after a few hours because they were not used in a post.

teninospyder
07-30-2019, 11:04 AM
Hello Ray,
with a trick you can attach pictures. First you have to attach the pictures in a normal posting. Don't send the posting, just leave the page. The pictures can now be found in your personal attachment area. Go to the PM area and scroll down. There you will see the link "Attachments" in the left menu. If you click on this link, you can see all your uploaded pictures. Click with the right mouse button on the link for the desired picture. In the PopUp menu you should see an item "Copy Link Address" depending on your browser. This click and now you can insert the link in the PM into the field "URL" in the picture popup via "Paste" (keys <CTRL>+<V>).

Thanks, I will try this later. Got a wifey assignment for now :ohyea::ohyea:

Batmobil-F3
07-31-2019, 03:30 AM
My solution from thread #6 does not work. The uploaded images will be deleted after a few hours because they were not used in a post.

teninospyder
07-31-2019, 07:48 AM
Batmobil-F3...…...Thanks for your inputs on this. After multiple different ways of trying the commands yesterday, I gave up. I couldn't get it to let me load multiple pics into 1 PM either.

Purple Guy
07-31-2019, 06:25 PM
I had contacted Andrew about this a couple months ago and his reply was he doesn't allow pics in PM's???

Revalden
07-31-2019, 08:17 PM
Hell, I'd be happy if I could even put a pic in a post. I couldn't even get the pic in my avatar to look like it wasn't taken "down under". I've never had a problem posting pics on other forums. WTH, Admin here are control freaks?