PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RTS Trunk relocation

MS JETSON
07-27-2019, 01:01 PM
Has anyone figured out a way to move the RT trunk back to give back seat passenger a little more room?

Thanks in advance.

Grandpot
07-27-2019, 01:21 PM
There's not really a good way to move the trunk that I know of. The trunk and both side compartments are one unit. Too much to deal with. My suggestion is to take the passenger backrest to an upholstery shop and have them shave out as must padding as possible to make it thinner.

Baron14y
07-27-2019, 01:51 PM
Good reason to have the passenger lose some weight.:roflblack:

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-27-2019, 01:57 PM
There's not really a good way to move the trunk that I know of. The trunk and both side compartments are one unit. Too much to deal with. My suggestion is to take the passenger backrest to an upholstery shop and have them shave out as must padding as possible to make it thinner.

:agree: …. I've tried to do quite a lot to my RT ( and accomplished most of them ) but moving the bodywork back even an inch would be so difficult - it wouldn't be worth the effort ……….. as a test just remove the pass. backrest completely and see if that's enough , then proceed for there …. Mike

trikermutha
07-27-2019, 02:42 PM
Maybe try taking the passenger backrest and removing some of the padding. That maybe give you a bit more room.

It would be way to much work to move the trunk back.

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-29-2019, 12:27 AM
As has been said, the trunk and saddlebags are one assembly. You could conceivably move all that back a half inch or so, but then you have the issue of reconnecting the side tupperware pieces to the the saddlebags with something to fill in the gap.

OverHillAndDale
08-02-2019, 10:06 AM
Ultimate seats make a rear seat back that is a bit thinner (1 inch?) than the standard. I bought the tallboy seat for myself, so I bought this seatback so my could recover some of the space I was taking from her. So far no issues, and you don't need the rest of the Ultimate seat for this to install. Installation is easy - there are three screws that you get to in the trunk that release the seatback.

2dogs
08-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Russel's Day Long can do that for you. Give them a call.
https://day-long.com/