PDA

View Full Version : galveston, tx?

ozzie
07-09-2009, 10:12 PM
anyone up for a ride to galveston sometime?

glynnk
07-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, when you thinking about doing it?

GlynnK

ozzie
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
whenever, you tell me. i live off 45s and beltway 8.

glynnk
07-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Well, I'm tied up this weekend and going with Ed (Arch) & Diane from Tomball and some other folks on a Hill Country ride the following weekend. I assume you've seen his post about the ride on here. Have you thought about going on this one? It'll be hot, but I think it'll be fun. Would be nice to have another Spyder Ryder along.

GlynnK

ozzie
07-11-2009, 10:43 PM
thanks for the invite. cant make it this weekend, hopefully next time. there’s a rally in Conroe next weekend are any of you thinking of going www.spacecitybikefest.com (http://www.spacecitybikefest.com/).

Questions
07-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi,
I live in alvin, looking for other riders for local or long distance rides.
Let me know.
Pappy

ataDude
07-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi,
I live in alvin, looking for other riders for local or long distance rides.
Let me know.
Pappy

welcome

3wheeldemon
07-28-2009, 02:18 PM
I live in Clear Lake, keep me posted if you guys do something.

J

glynnk
07-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Looks like we've got Spyder Ryders in Cypress (me), Clear Lake, Humble, and off I-45 and 8. How bout a lunch meet somewhere on Saturday, August 8th? Any ideas, suggestions?

GlynnK

3wheeldemon
07-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Great idea! :yes:Maybe near downtown is half way from everybody. On 59 and Kirby there is a Houston's with a big parking lot and Goode Co. Seafood and Hooters are also nearby. Just a suggestion. August 8th works for me.

glynnk
07-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Not a great fan of anything inside the Loop. How about something outside the Loop in that same general area? Know any places?

GlynnK

3wheeldemon
07-29-2009, 09:55 AM
OK, I was just trying to fiind a somewhat equal distance from Cypress, Humble and Clear Lake. I am pretty much game to go anywhere. Let see if the other guys pitch in with some ideas.

J

glynnk
07-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Doesn't look like we've got a lot of interest from Houston area riders yet. In visiting with some other SCRC members, a suggestion was made about a meet location for us--Live Oak Grill, 12935 Dairy Ashford in the Sugar Land Area close to Highway 59. I've never been there, but it's apparently a biker friendly hamburger joint. Anybody heard of this place? I'd be willing to suggest we all meet there on Saturday, August 8th for lunch...say 12:00 noon. What do y'all say?

I take my Spyder in Friday, August 7th for the recall fix. Has anybody had that done yet?

GlynnK

ozzie
07-31-2009, 12:02 AM
I’ll try and join ya’ll next time. ill be tied up for the next few weeks. Not able to do much riding. glad to see more spyder riders around town. ozzie :spyder:

3wheeldemon
07-31-2009, 08:03 AM
I haven't been there but I am game.:clap: I wonder if you (just because it was your idea first) should post in the general fourum. I seen others post there this kind of subject (see post "How many spyders are here in Waynesville, MO?"). I am afraid that some Houston riders may not be checking the Texas forum due to its low activity. Also changing the thread name from Galveston TX? to something less intimidating to new riders from the north of the town may help. I hope we can get more riders to join, not sure you and I "can take" all the Harley guys from Live Oak Grill:spyder:

J

glynnk
07-31-2009, 09:54 AM
Good suggestion...I'll do that. Did you see the Sodolak Steak House ride this Sunday? I plan on going. You interested?

GlynnK