PDA

View Full Version : 3K Service done today - one happy customer!

SuperG
07-24-2019, 10:21 PM
A shout out to R&S Powersports in Albuquerque - you guys are *professional*!

Had the 2018 RTL in this morning for its 3000 mile service and to have a factory hitch installed. In and out. Updated to the latest firmware. No codes. Awesome. Bike has been running great.:ohyea:

SpyderAnn01
07-24-2019, 10:38 PM
Not to jinx you, but have you had any issues with reverse on your RT?

SuperG
07-25-2019, 12:15 AM
Not to jinx you, but have you had any issues with reverse on your RT?

Actually, no. I am aware that some have reported issues with the left hand controls, so I'll keep an eye out for that, though.

I read of others trials and tribulations here with a bit of trepidation, but am willing to entertain the idea that some issues aren't as extensive (in occurances) as they would seem. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" et. al. Time will tell if I am one of the trouble-free one's.

askitee
07-25-2019, 12:42 AM
That's also interesting about the factory hitch. It ha been withdrawn from the market here in Australia, and we've been told it had also been revoked in the US

SuperG
07-25-2019, 12:59 AM
That's also interesting about the factory hitch. It ha been withdrawn from the market here in Australia, and we've been told it had also been revoked in the US

I don't know about AU, but the US Can Am site has it listed. I should mention that this is for the 'kit' which includes the control module and wiring. I don't see the hitch being offered separately.

askitee
07-25-2019, 05:34 AM
Out of curiosity what did it cost, the one sold in Australia also comes with the wiring harness. Here it will set you back $900+

billythekidd
07-25-2019, 07:54 AM
I am curious if 20.8 is still the latest software update for the Spyder?

Big F
07-25-2019, 08:27 AM
Hi Ann. just jumping in here on the reverse issue. with my 2018 RTL there are times when it does not go into reverse the first try or even the second time?? then other times it works just fine.. AND I'm very careful to push the top button first and then the shifter paddle. Is there a know issue of problems with the reverse shifter??? has BRP addressed this? just wondering. tks
BIG F

canamjhb
07-25-2019, 01:23 PM
I had experience dealing with R&S Powersports when I first bought my Spyder. While bringing the Spyder home from Oklahoma I needed a new rear tire. I called them after stopping for the evening. They got me in first thing the next morning. I was back on the road in a couple of hours. Total cost for the tire, mounting, balancing, tax and belt alignment was $213.00. I was very impressed. Great dealership..... Jim

SuperG
07-25-2019, 01:37 PM
Out of curiosity what did it cost, the one sold in Australia also comes with the wiring harness. Here it will set you back $900+

About $600 USD w/tax...

SuperG
07-25-2019, 01:48 PM
I am curious if 20.8 is still the latest software update for the Spyder?

Yes, that's what mine now has.