PDA

View Full Version : Gatlinburg in Sept.

effgjamis
07-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Might be already posted and if so, consider this as a senior moment.

I plan on going to the Gatlinburg Smokie event.
Question:
What is a good place to stay?
Would there be lodging sharing??
Who is going?
Florida?
Elsewhere?
What is the length of time of stay?

I understand that the event runs from Sept 21..25th.

Thanks
Forrest

irish2themax
07-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Heya Forrest:

I think a lot of us are staying at the Red Roof Inn. I made my reservation back in April and am planning on staying the entire time. I think many are doing that and others are only going to be there on select days. I guess the closer you are, the more options you have.

I think that the BBQ at Lamonster's is Thursday but I have to go back and read the posts to be sure

Hope to see you there!

Brian

WizardMaster
07-09-2009, 02:34 PM
We wont be:opps:! We'll be setup in Arkansas at the Bikes, Blues and BBQ Rally.

SpyderGirl
07-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I will be there, coming all the way out from California. We are staying at a timeshare in Pigeon Forge.

Midnighthog
07-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I will have to see what my schedule is like, I would love to be there...

bjt
07-09-2009, 07:40 PM
We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Gatlinburg last year and it was very nice. About two blocks off the main strip so it was quiet all times of the day. It was also very close to where the group held most of their sanctioned events so it was convenient too. Last but not least, the price was very reasonable. I hope to make it this year but mainly for the Spyderlovers BBQ (might make it a very long lunch run). I'll (we'll, not sure if dltang can go yet) be tent camping most likely.

Director
07-09-2009, 07:49 PM
We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Gatlinburg last year and it was very nice. About two blocks off the main strip so it was quiet all times of the day. It was also very close to where the group held most of their sanctioned events so it was convenient too. Last but not least, the price was very reasonable. I hope to make it this year but mainly for the Spyderlovers BBQ (might make it a very long lunch run). I'll (we'll, not sure if dltang can go yet) be tent camping most likely.

Hope you and Deb can make it Brian. :thumbup:

Bruce

Trickie Dick
07-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Staying at the Red Roof Monday-Thursday. Rates are very reasonable and they may even offer a better rate if you mention your with the spyder group when you check In. Lots of people staying there I understand.
Dick:2excited:

NancysToy
07-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Would love to attend, but Nancy starts teaching school again before then. I don't travel well without her. Besides, it's her Spyder. Have fun for us.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

wildbill6565
07-09-2009, 09:28 PM
My wife and I will be there with our two :spyder:s!

WackyDan
07-09-2009, 09:47 PM
We'll probably be there.

ElkSpyder
07-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Right now I think I'm the only Wisconsin :spyder2::2excited: coming. Staying at the Red Roof Inn also. I'm combining this with a ride for St. Jude's the Wednesday - Friday before. So I'll be traveling across TN. from Memphis to Gatlinburg starting Saturday. Not sure how many stops I'll make across the state but stops at Civil War battlefields are very likely. Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

docdoru
07-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Same last year location http://www.oldeenglishtudorinn.com/

2spyders
07-10-2009, 09:27 PM
We were planning on it (got a new trailer and everything) but my boss screwed up the plan by scheduling a fundraising event that week :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

BajaRon
07-10-2009, 10:30 PM
We were planning on it (got a new trailer and everything) but my boss screwed up the plan by scheduling a fundraising event that week :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Not a problem. Tell your boss you'll pass the hat in Gatlinburg! I'll pony up a few bucks to help the cause! (anyone know what the cause is?)

DannyS
07-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Is there a web site for this Smokey Mountain run. I would like to go if I can get Pippi to ride with me I notice that the Red Roof Inn is pet friendly do the dogs have to stay in a kennel or can they share the room?:chat:

orangespydiegirl
07-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Right now I think I'm the only Wisconsin :spyder2::2excited: coming. Staying at the Red Roof Inn also. I'm combining this with a ride for St. Jude's the Wednesday - Friday before. So I'll be traveling across TN. from Memphis to Gatlinburg starting Saturday. Not sure how many stops I'll make across the state but stops at Civil War battlefields are very likely. Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

RXX777 and I live in Memphis were going to the smokies. call us and maybe when can caravan together.

Director
07-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Is there a web site for this Smokey Mountain run. I would like to go if I can get Pippi to ride with me I notice that the Red Roof Inn is pet friendly do the dogs have to stay in a kennel or can they share the room?:chat:

Sent you a PM. Should be no problem with your dog.

Cheers,

Bruce

swrafey2000
07-11-2009, 08:38 PM
There are two of us from Lakeland going.Getting there on Wensday,leaving on Saturday.

Spyder#353
07-11-2009, 10:12 PM
I would like a little more info about this run. I'm planing to go to Carlisle in August 17th I think, with my Vette. I would rather really do a trip with my :spyder:and be with other:spyder:owners. The more info the better :chat: Plus it would be a great time to road test my new trailer. I have tripped around the south, southwest and northeast on my 97 Harley. Looking forward to touring with my new toy.

Star Cruiser
07-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I will be there this year. Staying at the Red Roof (all registered and booked) If Americade was an indication of "Southern Hospitality" Yeah almost EVERYONE is south of Canada! I am looking forward to a fine week.

bjt
07-11-2009, 11:41 PM

Another couple we went with last year (Rando and his wife, Bonnie) brought their dogs and the dogs stayed right in the room with them.

dltang
07-13-2009, 05:14 PM
We are hoping to be there but it will be at the tail end maybe Wed night or late Thurs afternoon. A lot depends on work and finances. Stayed at the Red Roof Inn last year, really enjoyed it, but this year looking for campgrounds. I know Dragonheart is talking about camping too so if there are others, we should get together. I'll let you all know when I find a good spot or if anyone has suggestions. I know Daddydarko camped last year, maybe he will chime in.

ElkSpyder
07-13-2009, 09:40 PM
RXX777 and I live in Memphis were going to the smokies. call us and maybe when can caravan together.

Will contact you just before I leave for Memphis, 9/16. Sounds like fun and better than traveling alone. Thanks.

effgjamis
07-17-2009, 02:38 PM
If any Fl riders are going... I am planning on leaving Kissimmee, Early Monday morning of the 21 sept and meeting Doc in lake city.. If you all wish to meet there or ?? let me know.

forrest