PDA

View Full Version : Just got a new BRP tank bag

VossHog
07-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Just got a new BRP tank bag off of e-bay from Jacksonville Power Sports for $70.99 + $7.00 shipping. :yes:

Bersquack
07-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I just got one too (not from there though) and was surprised to see that the material that sits on the console is not "rubber" instead of the original "plush" material.

Firefly
07-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Got one too--- I really like it...

Saluda
07-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Have had good luck with mine, not cheap and not perfect but it serves the purpose and I feel looks good.

Dragonrider
07-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I put one on when I picked up my Spyder - can't imagine not having on. BTW, the little Magellan 3200 fits nicely in the map pocket...

I couldn't believe how difficult BRP made the installation. I think it's a profit center for the dealer... 1/2 hour labor - and it really took it - I watched! :popcorn:

VossHog
07-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Anyone know of online step by step instructions? I searched the "Doin' it yourself" board to no avail.

I put one on when I picked up my Spyder - can't imagine not having on. BTW, the little Magellan 3200 fits nicely in the map pocket...

I couldn't believe how difficult BRP made the installation. I think it's a profit center for the dealer... 1/2 hour labor - and it really took it - I watched! :popcorn:

Firefly
07-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Anyone know of online step by step instructions? I searched the "Doin' it yourself" board to no avail.

It's a really easy install--- took me all of 10 minutes.....

Bersquack
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
It's not a hard install. It's putting that bracket in place that is more complicated. Ask someone to hold it in place while you screw it in, it will help.

RodO
07-09-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm in the market for a tank bag. Would someone please post a photo of the BRP bag or point me to one on the 'net. The picture on the BRP website isn't too helpful.

Thanks,
Rod.

Diggittt
07-09-2009, 07:23 PM
It's a really easy install--- took me all of 10 minutes.....

very simple to do. 10 minutes would be a slow install.

Diiggittt

VossHog
07-09-2009, 08:41 PM
10-4...Good news!

very simple to do. 10 minutes would be a slow install.

Diiggittt

Dragonrider
07-09-2009, 09:38 PM
It took the dealer's tech more than 10 minutes to take the tupperware off.... got to really compress the rubber boot to get the bracket on..

Just my $0.02

Firefly
07-09-2009, 10:22 PM
It took the dealer's tech more than 10 minutes to take the tupperware off.... got to really compress the rubber boot to get the bracket on..

Just my $0.02

I ended up slitting the rubber boot where the bracket is to make it fit easier.

This has turned out to be a great mod - hold my phone, wallet, keys, sunglasses, earplugs, etc. Heck - it can even hold a couple cheeseburgers and fries from the drivethru! I also ran a power cord to it so I can charge my cell phone.

NancysToy
07-10-2009, 07:04 AM

PM me your email address and I can scan it for you.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Amanda B
07-10-2009, 08:15 AM
I got the BRP bag, but I don't like it so I haven't installed it. I'm a petite female, and well the bag is larger than I thought it would be and it gets in the way. I am going to try to find a bag that will fit on the handle bars and rest right over the center handle bar area. If you know of any that might work let me know.

Firefly
07-10-2009, 08:44 AM
I got the BRP bag, but I don't like it so I haven't installed it. I'm a petite female, and well the bag is larger than I thought it would be and it gets in the way. I am going to try to find a bag that will fit on the handle bars and rest right over the center handle bar area. If you know of any that might work let me know.

Really? I'm pretty much the opposite of a petite female and don't find it getting in the way - of course I have the NMN handlebar risers.

There are some handlebar bags out there too that many use on other bikes.

Dragonrider
07-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Amanda- on my Valkryie, I had a windshield bag that used a thin cloth covered (stiff)support for a couple of bags mounted over the instrument panel. I'm sure something similar could be fabricated for the Spyder,,

Bersquack
07-10-2009, 10:46 AM
it can even hold a couple cheeseburgers and fries from the drivethru! I also ran a power cord to it so I can charge my cell phone.

Breakfast Burritos!!!! Mmmmm

jimmykjimmy
07-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Took one look at the BRP instructions and thought I was going to have to redesign the Spyder. Still pondering what to do.

D&J's#2
07-26-2009, 05:19 PM
The bag had instructions inside. I installed the bag, or rather we, installed the bag, I needed some help when it came to getting screws lined up. It was because the rubber on top of the frame, where you are supposed to place the new bracket causes the holes to be a pain to line up. Just use some force to compress the rubber and they will line up. Most of my time was spent taking off the covers.

vtrider
07-26-2009, 06:54 PM
If your looking for other options of tank bags, this is another thread you can check out. I use the Cortech mini tank bag along with a SkiDoo BRP handlebar bag on my Spyder and this works well for me.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9268&highlight=tank+bags

bone crusher
07-26-2009, 08:11 PM
I put on the tank bag...yes, me, alone....was really easy...it's a nice bag and I always keep stuff in it....don't be intimidated by this...anyone can do it if I can! :shocked:

It's also waterproof..completely...was in a massive thunderstorm and my iphone inside was nice and dry....phew!