PDA

View Full Version : NMN chrome wheel exchange

czdaryle
07-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Any one do this? I just happen to be search ebay and say they do this, never new this. I was wondering if anyone has these and could post pic. Trying to picture what they would look like. Getting phantom panels and thought it might look good. NMN if you read this do you do the back wheel too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrome-Can-AM-Spyder-Front-Wheels-Exchange_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q 3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a317Q7c293Q3a4Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trk sidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4a9868e9c0QQitemZ32 0384592320QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Questions
07-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Back wheel = yes.

WizardMaster
07-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Any one do this? I just happen to be search ebay and say they do this, never new this. I was wondering if anyone has these and could post pic. Trying to picture what they would look like. Getting phantom panels and thought it might look good. NMN if you read this do you do the back wheel too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrome-Can-AM-Spyder-Front-Wheels-Exchange_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q 3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a317Q7c293Q3a4Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trk sidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4a9868e9c0QQitemZ32 0384592320QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have a waiting list for the rear wheel/pulley. If you want to be on the list, please let me know. Orangespydygirl just got the last rear setup and it looks great.:2thumbs:

Jody

Firefly
07-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Neat idea. Has NMN recently changed their opinion of 'core exchange' programs? I know they previously wouldn't do it on the tail lights. I would be far more leery of exchanging my rims than I would be the tail light.

Anyone??

How much to have the rear done along with the fronts?

Magic Man
07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Neat idea. Has NMN recently changed their opinion of 'core exchange' programs? I know they previously wouldn't do it on the tail lights. I would be far more leery of exchanging my rims than I would be the tail light.

Anyone??

How much to have the rear done along with the fronts?

No we have not change anything.

A wheel that is polished perfect enough to than chrome plate (if you know anything about how plating works) will have no defects in it, and inasmuch will be as good or better than new once plated.

A tail light with 10,000 miles on it that is scratched all over, and has the dig marks in it's side they ALL get from the side panels, will never be fair to give back to a guy with 800 miles on the set he just sent in.

It would not be a "fair exchange" at all for what he just sent us, and inasmuch we don't want to be in the middle of something like this with used parts.

Being we had extra rims here after purchasing new rims to get chromed for our Spyders and are the only company we know of with a rear wheel and sprocket core to get chromed. It seemed like a cool thing to offer to help people out by having units here already done and ready to go.

Unfortunatly, the list of people already waiting their turn on the rear wheel and sprocket is a bit long.

As you may or may not know, almost all chrome plating can take weeks and weeks and weeks to get done. Which is one of the main reasons not to take your own wheels off to get plated unless it's winter time.

MM

Firefly
07-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the explanation--- I don't know nuthin about chrome plating. So if a rim has minor scratches on it does the chrome plating cover it?

Should be a popular thing since people can avoid the waiting with your exchange program.

Nice option !

bjt
07-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Prepping the metal for chrome plating removes minor imperfections / scratches in the metal surface. Once the process is complete, I'm sure that most people would have a hard time determining if the wheel had 10 miles or 10,000 miles on it when they chromed it. Also, I'm sure that Magic Man and co. do some QC on their own to eliminate someone sending in a bent or cracked wheel as the core exchange.

WizardMaster
07-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Prepping the metal for chrome plating removes minor imperfections / scratches in the metal surface. Once the process is complete, I'm sure that most people would have a hard time determining if the wheel had 10 miles or 10,000 miles on it when they chromed it. Also, I'm sure that Magic Man and co. do some QC on their own to eliminate someone sending in a bent or cracked wheel as the core exchange.

Exactly. The cores that are sent to us need to be usable. If they are hacked or gouged, they can not be used and will be rejected and their core charge kept. The CORE is only to make sure we get the stock wheel/pulley back that is usable. Our experience with this so far has been great with the :spyder:community. No one has sent back a rim/pulley that was junk and I am sure no one willing would do that to us!!!!

Jody

orangespydiegirl
07-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey Wizard, I must say it is a terrific looking wheel sets off the black and now I know it has the "WOW" factor going on. I purchased it for RXX777's sypder (14th anniversary) Will try and post pics tonight.

NMN and Jody thanks for all the great customers service!!!!!!!!!!!!

czdaryle
07-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey Wizard, I must say it is a terrific looking wheel sets off the black and now I know it has the "WOW" factor going on. I purchased it for RXX777's sypder (14th anniversary) Will try and post pics tonight.

NMN and Jody thanks for all the great customers service!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh yea...pics please...how easy or hard was it to take and put on the back wheel? seems you would have to get the tension right on the belt again

DannyS
07-09-2009, 08:15 PM
WizardMaster (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=2279) I know I have seen a couple of Pictures of Spyders with Chrome grills on the side body, you know the black plastic ones. Do you or do you know who does this? I would love to get a set or get mine chromed.:doorag:

WizardMaster
07-09-2009, 08:27 PM
WizardMaster (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=2279) I know I have seen a couple of Pictures of Spyders with Chrome grills on the side body, you know the black plastic ones. Do you or do you know who does this? I would love to get a set or get mine chromed.:doorag:

Working on something now! Probably another month or so!

orangespydiegirl
07-10-2009, 07:37 PM
oh yea...pics please...how easy or hard was it to take and put on the back wheel? seems you would have to get the tension right on the belt again

Wasn't hard at all, as for the tension my husband has the tool to get it right. look for pics sometime tomorrw, there a few days late but we've had unexpected company.

czdaryle
07-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Wasn't hard at all, as for the tension my husband has the tool to get it right. look for pics sometime tomorrw, there a few days late but we've had unexpected company.

thanks!

orangespydiegirl
07-12-2009, 08:14 AM

I finally got a chance to take a few pics, will try to get some to do the chrome wheel justice later on when were out riding.

czdaryle
07-12-2009, 08:23 PM
looks great:2thumbs: