PDA

View Full Version : Overheating/BEST Service

caser
07-08-2009, 08:01 PM
PE 668 is in the shop with a heating problem. Lost all of the coolent. Would'nt restart after refill. Don't have a clue what the problem is but I have faith in my dealer, Fun Bike Center and am sure they will figure it all out. I tried to call the BEST # and all I got was a recording saying all operators are busy. This went on for about 45min. so I finally gave up and called for a tow. I feel pretty let down by the BEST service, hopefully I can get a reimbursement, but who wants to wait forever for someone to to help you especially when you've all ready paid for it. For all I know I'd still be waiting on the side of the road waiting for them to take my call. Has anyone else had any dealing with them? Right now I'm not very impressed with the service.

Saluda
07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear that, hope it's not typical. Wish you a speedy return to the black top.

WackyDan
07-09-2009, 12:07 PM
This is the 3rd BEST complaint I heard so far.

I think I'm going to go the AAA route and cover my Spyder for towing through them...

Everyone seems to talk about BEST and how it covers towing, but now 3 people on Spyders (between forums - unique stories) have been let down by no answer, them not towing to a Spyder dealer, etc...

krb1945
07-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Just be greatful you did not pay the Florida price for the best warranty. Seems it is double the price as everywhere else because Florida price fixes all warranties. And the attorney general that wants to be the governor won't stop it. I recently found out that the state fixes the price at double. Keep in mind these are warranties not collision or liability insurance. And we all think price fixing is illegal and it is... except here in FL.

Good luck on the repairs and the best warranty.

irish2themax
07-09-2009, 02:42 PM
I have a question...how does the BEST Plus warranty work? Do you just give the dealer that's working on your Spyder the warranty # and that's it. Or do you pay up front and BRP reimburses you?

irish2themax
07-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Just be greatful you did not pay the Florida price for the best warranty. Seems it is double the price as everywhere else because Florida price fixes all warranties. And the attorney general that wants to be the governor won't stop it. I recently found out that the state fixes the price at double. Keep in mind these are warranties not collision or liability insurance. And we all think price fixing is illegal and it is... except here in FL.

Good luck on the repairs and the best warranty.

Not to worry...from all that I read or hear, EVERYTHING in the US will soon be FREE!!! Free health care, free college, free housing...so it won't be long until the government covers our warranties!!

Only thing is we won't be able to afford the taxes!

SORRY...just had to vent. I feel so much better now :gaah:

caser
07-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I finally got through to the BEST service rep. and wanted to give an update. The rep was very nice and gave me the info needed for reimbursement of my towing cost. It seems there is an 866 # you call for roadside service but this # is not on the BEST service emer. card I carry in my wallet. The # on the card is a 715 area # which I could not get through to (very confusing). To be fair the 866 # was given in my contract I keep in my file, but again not on the card. I will take some responsibility for this but again... I feel that in fairness that if you call the right # you get through right away an the person I talked to was very helpful. Maybe the others who have had the same problem was making the same error.

BRPjunkie
07-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Towing is just a small benefit of BEST. It is the extended warranty coverage for expensive parts that fail after the standard two year warranty that will likely prove to be valuable. I have motorcycle towing through AAA Plus, also with my AARP Foremost Spyder Insurance policy and with BRP BEST, but while the first two provide towing coverage, they will not pay for repairs like the last one does

wyliec
07-09-2009, 07:21 PM
I finally got through to the BEST service rep. and wanted to give an update. The rep was very nice and gave me the info needed for reimbursement of my towing cost. It seems there is an 866 # you call for roadside service but this # is not on the BEST service emer. card I carry in my wallet. The # on the card is a 715 area # which I could not get through to (very confusing). To be fair the 866 # was given in my contract I keep in my file, but again not on the card. I will take some responsibility for this but again... I feel that in fairness that if you call the right # you get through right away an the person I talked to was very helpful. Maybe the others who have had the same problem was making the same error.

I checked my card and the 866 number is in bold for emergency roadside assistance. The 715 number is to call to find a BRP service center.

BRPjunkie
07-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I checked my card and the 866 number is in bold for emergency roadside assistance. The 715 number is to call to find a BRP service center.

Ditto on the 866. I will try BRP first if I ever need it since they may send the right equipment and are obligated to tow it to the nearest Can Am dealer (subject to $200 limit). Not sure where AAA or Foremost would want to take it.

Smylinacha
07-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Not to worry...from all that I read or hear, EVERYTHING in the US will soon be FREE!!! Free health care, free college, free housing...so it won't be long until the government covers our warranties!!

Only thing is we won't be able to afford the taxes!

SORRY...just had to vent. I feel so much better now :gaah:

I LOVE IT! Finally someone who feels the same way I do!:clap::clap::clap::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: You rock!:doorag:

Smylinacha
07-09-2009, 08:25 PM

Sounds to me like they need to fire the idiot in the marketing department who put the wrong number on the card. Not your fault at all!

caser
07-10-2009, 05:07 PM

I'm happy for you but for whatever reason it's not on mine. I have learned my lesson an have the # available if I need it in the future.

kentompkins
07-10-2009, 06:11 PM
If you haven't read my disastrous experience with BEST, you may find this helpful:

http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9989

ken tompkins

wyliec
07-11-2009, 07:43 AM
If you haven't read my disastrous experience with BEST, you may find this helpful:

http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9989

ken tompkins

I read your post and maybe I missed it, but did you ever contact brp and voice a complaint on how your breakdown was handled by the '866' number?

kentompkins
07-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Yes, I reported the whole episode in great detail to Carlo and he said they were investigating it. That's the last I heard.

ken tompkins