PDA

View Full Version : For those of you using an Airhawk cushion....

Valkrocket
07-20-2019, 06:20 AM
OK, Gracie's seat is way too hot this time of year. :yikes: Looking at airhawk seat cushions and would like to know which model (Airhawk R or Airhawk 2) is the preferred model for a spyder rider. It appears that one is air adjustable and one is not.
Also which size (Lrg. or small for the passenger seat) fits best.

Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom. ;)

Glide-on>>>>>>>>>>>>>

bmwlarry
07-20-2019, 08:13 AM
The R model is made specifically for men. The air bubbles are placed to give a bit more room for "The boys". My wife uses a 2 model.

Tenic
07-20-2019, 08:32 AM
Have you looked at Motorcycle Dave's medical gel pads?
https://www.spyderlovers.com/spyders/www/delivery/ck.php?oaparams=2__bannerid=22__zoneid=37__cb=831d 44d700__oadest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorcycledave.com %2F

ARtraveler
07-20-2019, 09:32 AM
Any model will work...but see R model above.

I have used the older Medium and it works fine for me on the Spyders. Inflation is the key. You are supposed to sit "in" it and not "on" it. Once you get that figured out, it is a great pad. And yes, it will protect you from the heat if you don't let it bake in the sun also.

Navydad
07-20-2019, 09:05 PM
If the hot seat is the only issue then a sheepskin cover will help with that. I have an airhawk R and my wife prefers the sheepskin cover on the passenger seat. If you get the Airhawk remember it IS NOT a beach ball. Start with just a couple of big puffs of air and adjust from there. It should look and feel flat, but just a bit of air works perfectly. Lots of folks over inflate and then don't like the ride which is fine with me because I have bought several Airhawks pretty cheaply when they claim the pad didn't help and then they sell it.

ARtraveler
07-21-2019, 07:50 AM
Sheepskin is also a good alternative. We also have sheepskin/gel. The hype about sheepskin (I used to sell car and motorcycle seats) is it keeps you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

Lots of places to get them. Just search sheepskin seats on here. P. S. Get the real stuff. Artificial does not retain its thickness very long.

Be wary of "genuine, simulated, sheepskin." :roflblack:

Bike-O-Din
07-21-2019, 04:20 PM
I understand the shape of the R is for the "boys", but the R cushion really seems to fit better on the pillion seat on our RT. With the shape of the cutout, it fits around the "hump" between the seats. My wife tired both, but likes the R better as a passenger. We use the medium R cushion front and rear.

Yes, adjusting the air to ride "in" the seat not "on" the seat is the real key. It takes some fiddling, but it worth the effort.

Marr
07-21-2019, 06:22 PM
I’ve got an air hawk that I use in the cool months, when it’s summer time, I take it off and put a bead rider on. Wife and I both love it, not sure how it works, but it does.

Motorcycledave
07-22-2019, 11:26 AM

Take a look at this,
give me a call 209-887-3283 this is an easy do it your self way to fix that seat
AND nobody can steal it.
Ride Safe
Dave

OK, Gracie's seat is way too hot this time of year. :yikes: Looking at airhawk seat cushions and would like to know which model (Airhawk R or Airhawk 2) is the preferred model for a spyder rider. It appears that one is air adjustable and one is not.
Also which size (Lrg. or small for the passenger seat) fits best.

Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom. ;)

Glide-on>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RudyB
08-30-2019, 11:45 PM

Take a look at this,
give me a call 209-887-3283 this is an easy do it your self way to fix that seat
AND nobody can steal it.
Ride Safe
Dave

Only one problem some of us are not do it yourself people

Graywolf1
08-31-2019, 01:16 AM
I had an Alaska Leather pad on my motorcycle. I plan to buy a new one for my 2019 F3T.

Cruzr Joe
08-31-2019, 07:57 AM
AIRHAWK R for best results

Cruzr Joe