PDA

View Full Version : Wishful thinking

Dmartin
07-18-2019, 12:47 AM
Me and my wife are completing a trip in Western and Central Canada. We have a 2018 RT Limited with a Can Am trailer. We really like the bike trailer combo. It works very well. But , some of those places have pretty steep hills. The bike could do with more power. I wish or hope that BRP would come out with a 1600 or 1800cc. We would buy one right now. We are planning many more trip in the near future. Also they should make the seat 6 inches longer. For some of us not build like twigs anymore, would be nice to have more space.. plz BRP get an 1800cc on the road. I'm sure many of us would buy it. Lol

ricford
07-18-2019, 06:38 AM
Search the forum for ecu. It is what you are wishing for.

Peter Aawen
07-18-2019, 08:21 AM
:agree: ECU Upgrade & you won't be 'wishful thinking' any more, you'ĺl be excitedly exuberant instead!! :2thumbs:

The guy doing them here in Aus (Jason) has been doing them all over the world for the range of Can Am & Rotax/ACE powered machines for many years and can be reached via email at rotaxracing@gmail.com - there's also a mob in the States (Monster?) who also offer a similar service. Getting your ECU Upgraded to unleash some (more? Lots? Or maybe even All?) of the detuned power they've hidden away in there can really make your Spyder the machine you always wanted it to be! :ohyea:

And as far as I'm concerned, it's well worth it by any measure! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
07-18-2019, 09:24 AM
Many of us are looking for 1600 or 1800 cc. The RT is due for either an upgrade or its swan song. Maybe we will hear something when new models are announced in a couple months.

Chupaca
07-18-2019, 10:01 AM
Considering that you have 115 hp on a relatively light frame it would seem you should not have a problem. Engine displacement is not always the solution as there are other ways to get the max out of what you have... The re-flashing of the ECU (engine control unit) has been very successful in doing this and a way to go while one waits for possiblities from BRP....:dontknow:

Copperman
07-18-2019, 07:57 PM
When you need more power, just downshift. That should work.

Lew L
07-19-2019, 09:46 AM
I have the stage1 ECU flash on a 2014 RTs. If you hoping to pass a motorhome on a mountain road with a full load on you spyder you'll have to downshift once even with the ECU flash. In any case it's worth the $$ as it really helps. Passing triple rig hay trucks in the middle of Idaho and approaching 100 mph was a quick and easy pass.

Lew L

JayBros
07-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Are you operating your Spyder in the most efficient part of the power band. SE the picture.174133