PDA

View Full Version : 2010 can am rt

rugercharger
07-16-2019, 07:04 PM
hi everyone. been lurking on this forum for awhile. i have been considering the purchase of a spyder for awhile. i currently own a victory cross country that i and my wife used to ride together. she is not able to ride like she used to. on two wheels. so i have been considering the 3 wheel set up so that we can continue to ride together. i dont want to spend 20 grand on another bike. so i have been looking at used can am spyders in the ball park of 10000 or less. i came across a good low mileage 2010 rt being sold by an individual not a dealer. i know everyone will say to get the 1330 set up because it is much better. and i agree. but i want to stay in my budget. what is everyones advice on a 2010 990 motor set up. i is an automatic not a clutch.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-16-2019, 07:21 PM
If you can get that RT for around … $7,000 it would be a fair price ….. in case you don't know BRP no longer makes the V-twin in any Spyder ….. good luck .… Mike :ohyea:

DGoebel
07-16-2019, 07:58 PM
I'm very happy with my '13 RTL which is also the v-twin engine.

The price for a base model 2010 RT is up there. Is there more to the story? Is it just the base model RT or the Spyder RT Audio & Convenience or RT-S or RT-S Premiere Edition? Is it low mileage, does it have extra's on it? Come with a trailer, etc, etc.

rugercharger
07-16-2019, 09:02 PM
DGoebel, the ad that i am going to respond to only indicates "RT". 4 years ownership 6750 miles. garage kept. dont know any other details at this time.

rugercharger
08-22-2019, 06:57 PM
well i bought the 2010 can am rt. got it for 9k. has 6000 miles on it and it is in great shape. the right front tire tread was worn on the outside. so i put together an alignment set up using two lasers and performed the "box"method so that both fronts contributed equally to the toe in. took for a test drive and the spyder tracked very stable and straight. i purchased a buds one and two scantool so that i could recenter the steering angle sensor, when i locked the handlebars, to center, i got lucky, the buds showed 0 center. i then removed the evap canister and took the crankcase vent out of the airbox. i will be purchasiing 3 tires. this site provides some very good suggestions on tires. i will be researching what tires to buy. glad to become a member of this group

CopperSpyder
08-22-2019, 07:29 PM
:congrats: on the new to you RT. :nopic: Make sure and post a photo in the Spyder Garage area of the forum. Live to Ride, Ride to Live! :2thumbs:

Bfromla
08-22-2019, 09:10 PM
well i bought the 2010 can am rt. got it for 9k. has 6000 miles on it and it is in great shape. the right front tire tread was worn on the outside. so i put together an alignment set up using two lasers and performed the "box"method so that both fronts contributed equally to the toe in. took for a test drive and the spyder tracked very stable and straight. i purchased a buds one and two scantool so that i could recenter the steering angle sensor, when i locked the handlebars, to center, i got lucky, the buds showed 0 center. i then removed the evap canister and took the crankcase vent out of the airbox. i will be purchasiing 3 tires. this site provides some very good suggestions on tires. i will be researching what tires to buy. glad to become a member of this group :clap::welcome::congrats:indeed & you sound confident at DIY :2thumbs: am interested to see pics of your laser set up as well:popcorn: if you don't mind sharing results if & when you get to meet Ann& Joe Squared away. Some other things you proably know already, just good to go over anyway: battery (how old? & good connections) check your vin number with a dealer to get its service history, hopefully coolant & brake fluid has been flushed & replaced accordingly :thumbup: (as I understand it) going from analog gauges to digital; both temperature & fuel must be disconnected for the digital replacements to show on dash. (Someone plz correct me if I'm wrong)

rugercharger
08-23-2019, 02:48 PM
i can post pics of the build up of the alignment set up which will encompass around 10 pics. i dont know if that would be too many for this post.let me know.