PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Reports - Vredestein Quatrac 5 tire

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-12-2019, 08:19 PM
I just discovered C. R. did extensive testing of the Quatrac 5 , since I am not a member I can't see the entire test report .... but what I did see ...They liked it a lot :clap::clap::clap::clap:...……...Mike :ohyea:

canamjhb
07-12-2019, 09:32 PM
Going to be my next tires. Thanks..... Jim

Lew L
07-13-2019, 12:45 AM
Order a set for the front when this trip is done.
Lew L

Garf
07-16-2019, 05:34 AM
Ordering a set next week, when what do I see behind the batter at a Cleveland Indians game?
A large banner advertising KENDA tires!
What to do, what to do? .....NOT!

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-16-2019, 11:24 PM
I just discovered C. R. did extensive testing of the Quatrac 5 , since I am not a member I can't see the entire test report .... but what I did see ...They liked it a lot :clap::clap::clap::clap:...……...Mike :ohyea:
Here are the ratings charts from the report. Note several tires have higher overall ratings.

174043 174044

174045 174046

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-16-2019, 11:32 PM
Here's their summary comment on the Vorti.

Highs
Impressive handling, dry braking and hydroplaning resistance. A quiet tire.

Lows
Stiff ride on impact.

CR's Take
A very good choice with high levels of grip and handling. Based on CR's test, the Ultrac Vorti has relatively good tread life compared to peer models.

And for the Quatrac.

Highs
Very good hydroplaning resistance and snow traction. Very quiet.

Lows
None.

CR's Take
Well balanced for most all driving conditions.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-17-2019, 12:07 AM
Here's their summary comment on the Vorti.

And for the Quatrac.

This is all well and good ….. But the Vorti doesn't come in any sizes to fit any Spyders …. I can show you many, many tires that are better than the Quatrac 5 , but if they don't fit the Spyder what's the point in recommending them ????? , or are you making a point I'm not understanding !!!.... Mike :ohyea:

IdahoMtnSpyder
07-17-2019, 12:59 AM
This is all well and good ….. But the Vorti doesn't come in any sizes to fit any Spyders …. I can show you many, many tires that are better than the Quatrac 5 , but if they don't fit the Spyder what's the point in recommending them ????? , or are you making a point I'm not understanding !!!.... Mike :ohyea:
No particular point being made. I didn't scan the tire size lists. Since you said you don't subscribe to CR I thought I'd just present the information directly from their site as is. I did find it a bit interesting that a couple of tires you've recommended in the past, the General and Michelin, rate better than the Vredestein, but again, I didn't check the size availability.