PDA

View Full Version : gauge replacement

nightcruiser
07-10-2019, 05:24 PM
I am replacing the temp gauge and the fuel gauge with a clock and volt meter gauges. I have the replacement gauges from prosport INC. the clock gauge has 4 wires and the volt meter has three wires. Both of the gauges stock harness has three wires. Any body have an idea which stock wires are to be used? I've got them mounted but no combination seems to work.

jthornton
07-10-2019, 06:11 PM
What year RT? BRP changed the wiring in `14 I think... also a link to the gauges would help.

JT

stevencovert
07-11-2019, 02:21 PM
The clock may require battery power? There is no battery power on either of gauges that came out (always hot). You will prob have to run wires to the battery if you haven't already. Since there is a clock on the LCD already, I'd suggest a cigarette lighter or dual USB in one side. Then after you run the battery wires (included) you can tap them to run over to the voltage monitor. I left off the third wire on voltage monitor (battery - yellow), so it wouldn't drain anything. All it does is allow a cool little display on power up. I'm assuming the voltage monitor is the $18 - $20 version that most get. It is always good to have one set of wires connected to the battery for future expansion.

Raknid
07-11-2019, 03:56 PM
I have the clock and volt meter. Given the USB proliferation since I changed them in 2012, I would likely go with the double USB vs clock today.

nightcruiser
07-14-2019, 08:10 PM
2016 RT limited MAPERFORMANCE digital gauges

Sarge
07-18-2019, 05:19 PM
I have a 2015 RTL and was considering replacing the two gauges also. Question: So ... is the +positive lead to those gauges only "hot" when the trike is ON?

:dontknow:

Geep
07-28-2019, 07:34 PM
2016 RT limited MAPERFORMANCE digital gauges

Got photos?