PDA

View Full Version : Daves Seat

Thopper
07-05-2019, 02:08 PM
I installed the medical grade seat "pad"....big improvement! I added the Tri Axis bars, show chrome backrest and highway pegs as well, all this for under the cost of a high end seat. The comfort level is way better then stock and better then expected. While putting in the gel pad I also carved up the stock seat some. One area that was not comfortable was the crotch area where the family jewels hit the seat. The angle of the stock seat is to steep so I trimmed down this area essentially making a right angle and now have proper room for the jewels. I also trimmed the lumbar support back about an inch, big difference.

I sent a picture of my RT to a "friend" in Florida who has two Harley's (I have done the Harley thing and tired of playing Halloween dress up bad ass thing) His response was nice bike ..."did it come with a box of depends". I have not responded because I am not sure if Iam to sensitive or he is just an **shole.

Chasinsparks
07-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Did you do the Tri Axis yourself or have it done. Thinking about doing myself but depending on install price sometimes it is worth parting with the cash. Harley guys are funny, I ride with to rather large groups and a very large group came from Harleys he may one day be riding next to you on a Spyder too.

ARtraveler
07-05-2019, 02:17 PM
I installed the medical grade seat "pad"....big improvement! I added the Tri Axis bars, show chrome backrest and highway pegs as well, all this for under the cost of a high end seat. The comfort level is way better then stock and better then expected. While putting in the gel pad I also carved up the stock seat some. One area that was not comfortable was the crotch area where the family jewels hit the seat. The angle of the stock seat is to steep so I trimmed down this area essentially making a right angle and now have proper room for the jewels. I also trimmed the lumbar support back about an inch, big difference.

I sent a picture of my RT to a "friend" in Florida who has two Harley's (I have done the Harley thing and tired of playing Halloween dress up bad ass thing) His response was nice bike ..."did it come with a box of depends". I have not responded because I am not sure if Iam to sensitive or he is just an **shole.

Option 2 sounds right. Not worth a reply. IMO :yes:

BoilerAnimal
07-05-2019, 02:37 PM
My wife and I love our gel pads from Motorcycle Dave, too.

Thopper
07-05-2019, 02:41 PM
I had the dealer I purchased the RT from install the Tri bars. The spyder mechanic at this dealer (Ride Now Vista CA. ) is very good. They charged me one hour ...$125.00 I couldn't pass this up after looking at the you tube vids.of the install.

papanorm
07-05-2019, 06:57 PM
I’ve seen complaints about a gel insert getting too hot. Can you tell me if this is the case in your experience?

BoilerAnimal
07-05-2019, 07:13 PM
My wife and I haven’t had any problems with toasty buns due to the gel pads since installing them. The sun shines pretty strong in Illinois this time of year but Arizona or the like may be a little different.

Navydad
07-05-2019, 08:58 PM
YES. And when you whack open the throttle you had better be wearing one of the Depends:roflblack:

Thopper
07-05-2019, 09:26 PM
I was out today doing errands in the brutal SoCal heat/sun. The seat was cooler then without the gel pad....hard to feel through the depends though.

Chasinsparks
07-06-2019, 12:12 AM
Very nice thanks for the reply.

pegasus1300
07-06-2019, 01:36 AM
I’ve seen complaints about a gel insert getting too hot. Can you tell me if this is the case in your experience?

No. Yes it will warm up but because it is a special medical grade it does not get hot. I have had mine in for 3 years now and it has never become uncomfortable. This in the heat of the Utah desert. I have never regretted putting in Dave's gel pad for one moment. It turned a 2 hour seat into an all day one.