PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance reminder?

P.W.
07-03-2019, 09:25 PM
I'm Going to change the oil in our 2019 RTL in the next week or so. Is there any type of maintenance "service" reminder that needs to be reset?
Most new cars you need to reset some type of service reminder after an oil change.
Obviously this isn't a car ...but it is the first modern motorcycle I've changed the oil in.

Thanks in advance!!
P.W.

happyspyder2039
07-03-2019, 10:39 PM
In owning 3 spyders I’ve never seen a reminder come up. Dealer says they reset in computer. I use to do every other oil change my self.

Chupaca
07-03-2019, 10:44 PM
Not on these machines...I pin up a reminder in the garage where visable and go by that...:thumbup:

P.W.
07-04-2019, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the info.! I didn't think there was, but wanted to make sure....

P.W.

fatboy
07-04-2019, 07:50 AM
i use the b trip so i can keep track

JayBros
07-04-2019, 07:42 PM
I stick a small piece of paper with the mileage due point on it in the glove box because I regularly use both A and B trip odos.

Gwolf
07-04-2019, 09:42 PM
I don't change the oil or do the service at the recommended times in the manuals. It just seems way too long and I have never run a bike that many miles between oil changes. I went right back to the same easy to remember schedule I have been using for over 50 years. Did the first service at 2,500 and then every 5,000 miles after that. I realize these are air cooled. That and some other factors would make the oil last a lot longer, The Spyder is the first water cooled bike I ever owned. Still, it does not hurt a thing to change the oil and filters about twice as often as they recommend, and the service interval is easy to figure in your head.

Jeriatric
07-05-2019, 12:21 AM
I'm Going to change the oil in our 2019 RTL in the next week or so. Is there any type of maintenance "service" reminder that needs to be reset?
Most new cars you need to reset some type of service reminder after an oil change.
Obviously this isn't a car ...but it is the first modern motorcycle I've changed the oil in.

Thanks in advance!!
P.W.

FWIW......I use notes in my phone to keep track of everything regarding the Spyder, and my other bikes(one note folder each). Date, mileage done or date and/or mileage something needs to be done. Right down to when I last checked tire pressure. Sounds crazy, I know. Until you wish you could remember when you last did this or that. Like I said. FWIW