PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to ride one after a decade...

spyderenthusiast
07-03-2019, 01:23 PM
*disclaimer: wasn't really sure where to put this, but I figured it was general discussion*

Well, after over a decade of lusting, I finally got to throw a leg over a Can Am. BRP hosted the ride event for the Ryker last weekend up in DC. Not having a motorcycle license, I've never had the opportunity to go for a test ride. However, because this took place in a parking lot, there was no motorcycle license required. All I can say is I wish I'd done this sooner. Thing fits like a glove and rides like it's on rails. Needless to say I'm signed up for my trike endorsement class at the end of the month. I was always skeptical of the Y configuration, but damn, has my mind been changed. I'm totally sold! Can't believe I waited so long!

Bob Denman
07-03-2019, 02:08 PM
:clap::congrats: :2thumbs:
Next time: I bet that you won't wait so long... :D

Bfromla
07-03-2019, 02:11 PM
Term is “bitten” :thumbup:That was just the Ryker:roflblack: Spyders bite is lil more with the perks of storage, touring, security, tunes, & more. The Rykers are minimal compared to a spyder. So after you get endorsed make sure get a proper test ride & or look for rentals:ohyea:

Airborne
07-03-2019, 08:35 PM
Well done mate.

Chupaca
07-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Congratulations :clap:so we will be seeing on the road right after that...👀

starrider60
07-05-2019, 09:30 AM
Now you can go shopping. Best to test ride several different models before settling on the right one. Talk to other Spyder riders to get a good feel for the one that fits you. Then make it yours. You'll be happy you did :)

dondje
07-05-2019, 12:08 PM
*disclaimer: wasn't really sure where to put this, but I figured it was general discussion*

Well, after over a decade of lusting, I finally got to throw a leg over a Can Am. BRP hosted the ride event for the Ryker last weekend up in DC. Not having a motorcycle license, I've never had the opportunity to go for a test ride. However, because this took place in a parking lot, there was no motorcycle license required. All I can say is I wish I'd done this sooner. Thing fits like a glove and rides like it's on rails. Needless to say I'm signed up for my trike endorsement class at the end of the month. I was always skeptical of the Y configuration, but damn, has my mind been changed. I'm totally sold! Can't believe I waited so long!

Wait till you dive into a turn at 70mph, throw your weight while you crack the throttle and turn your wheels back, as you drift the rear around the corner. Just like ol Doc Hudson! More fun than doing it in the Jeep on dirt or the Audi on the snow/ice.

Regards,

Don