PDA

View Full Version : RLS exhaust - Coated original cat

Kredab
07-01-2019, 10:25 AM
RLS exhaust offers a stock cat with coating to cut down on heat - Does antone have that on there RT ? I'm extremely happy with my RLS exhaust Punisher muffler and orginal cat pipe , one drawn back is the heat that is generated almost unbearable at 100 degree Iowa swamp weather. Looking for thoughts on coating the cat with ceramic....thanks

CopperSpyder
07-01-2019, 10:58 AM
I'm waiting to see if anyone gets the coating done on their converter and if it works or not also. 400 degree drop in temperature sounds like a lot, but not be much of a difference in the feel. Sometimes hot is hot 600 or 1000 their both hot. So I'm in the same boat as you waiting to hear from others whom have used the coated cat.

RLS Exhaust
07-03-2019, 01:00 PM
this is the product that i use on my exhaust and cat deleteshttps://www.cerakote.com/finishes/C-7600Q/cerakote-glacier-black/

ricford
07-04-2019, 11:28 AM
I'm curious why you still have the catalytic converter. Maybe in that weird state, California, but everywhere else, a cat delete pipe is called for. Significantly less heat. Significantly. My converter was removed and a cat delete pipe at Pittbull
Motosports in Springfield installed in the first 1000 miles. And 39k later, no adverse effects.

Kredab
07-06-2019, 06:07 AM
I understand - I love the way my Spyder sounds with the cat pipe on it - in my experience the sound is changed drastically .

VegasSpyder
07-09-2019, 11:38 PM
I bought a cat delete pipe and had it ceramic coated. I am waiting on my first service to be done this Friday before I install it.
I may also remove the exhaust pipe that runs between the cat and the header and coat that one too.

CopperSpyder
07-10-2019, 05:32 PM
I understand - I love the way my Spyder sounds with the cat pipe on it - in my experience the sound is changed drastically .

:agree: Quiet is good.