PDA

View Full Version : anyone using 7eye's or wileyx's 24/7 lense eyewear?

aka1004
07-06-2009, 11:16 AM
does it get light enough to use during night time?
i am leaning toward wileyx sg1 but still torn between interchangeable lenses or transitional lenses. their clear lenses have 89.8% light transmission rate versus 81% with transitional lenses at it's lightest and wonder if that 8% is gonna make a difference.

FANG
07-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I wear prescription bi-focals and have transition lens in them. I can wear them on the brightest days ( and we get some bright sun in Florida) and I have no problems. I have no restrction on my DL that requires glasses and the distance correction is minimal so on days when I have to ryde for long distances in the bright son I have a pair of Bobster motorcycle glasses with intechangeable lens that do the trick.

Smylinacha
07-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Wiley X does the prescriptions - I had the interchangeable lenses - till I lost my sunlenses.

Also had the kind that change on their own - non prescription - they feel a little flimsy. HDX had the same ones and his broke so now he's wearing mine since I got a different brand of prescription ones. I wear Julbo's now - no problem with them - very sturdy, you can get prescriptions, transitions, whatever.
http://www.julbousa.com/
The ones I have aren't listed in the site anymore - got them a little over 2 yrs ago but I love them - lightweight, they come with removable side shields, they bend so you can adjust them. They work great!

aka1004
07-06-2009, 07:22 PM
THE question was..... does it get light enough to use at night time? :helpsmilie::2thumbs:

Smylinacha
07-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Ooops - the ones that HDX wears don't transition but you can get away w/ them at night. Sorry if I didn't answer your question. I tend to ramble off sometimes, specially at Happy Hour:cheers:.
I promise I'll pay more attention next time.:thumbup:

aka1004
07-06-2009, 08:34 PM
thank you both of you:thumbup:

Smylinacha
07-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Well you're probably still wondering - he said they transition, I said they didn't. But he's wearing them now so he knows better than me - it's been a while since I've used 'em!

aka1004
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Well you're probably still wondering - he said they transition, I said they didn't. But he's wearing them now so he knows better than me - it's been a while since I've used 'em!

i take it they ARE transitional ^^
i think i will get the one with interchangeable lenses instead of transitionals.
i liked the idea of not having to change them out but does not seem like it's going to work according to hdx.
:bowdown:

DannyS
07-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I have Body Specs they have lenses that interchange and you can get them in prescription. They also have foam nylon gaskets with air holes so you can wear them as goggles and the temples come off by pressing in on a catch and they supply you with a strap so if the ear pieces interfere with the fit of you helmet you can use the strap. I have not changed them since I have bifocals I just change glasses at night. :read:

http://www.bodyspecs.com/page.cfm?pageid=6

Smylinacha
07-06-2009, 09:21 PM
i take it they ARE transitional ^^
i think i will get the one with interchangeable lenses instead of transitionals.
i liked the idea of not having to change them out but does not seem like it's going to work according to hdx.
:bowdown:

Interchangeables worked fine for me until I lost the tinted ones when swapping them to my night lenses! That's when I gave up and said forget it - no more swapping for me since I don't pay very good attention. So I wear my prescription Julbo's on a sunny day and then my work safety glasses (prescription) that are transitional and are nice and clear at night. They let too much sun in during the day though.

aka1004
07-06-2009, 09:29 PM
I have Body Specs they have lenses that interchange and you can get them in prescription. They also have foam nylon gaskets with air holes so you can wear them as goggles and the temples come off by pressing in on a catch and they supply you with a strap so if the ear pieces interfere with the fit of you helmet you can use the strap. I have not changed them since I have bifocals I just change glasses at night. :read:

http://www.bodyspecs.com/page.cfm?pageid=6

very reasonable prices. i would have looked into this if i did not already order wileyx sg1. i have hard time buying sunglasses because of my asian facial profile...:( but sg1 fit very very well so i guess i will pay the bucks^^