PDA

View Full Version : Rain Gear

jthornton
06-24-2019, 02:18 PM
We need some new rain gear, looking for some light weight gear that keeps you dry. We had a cheap set of frog toggs and they did ok but they are worn out. I have no clue what's out there on the market now so anyone that has purchased some rain gear lately I'd be glad to hear from you.

Thanks
JT

SpyderAnn01
06-24-2019, 02:21 PM
I wear an Olympia textile jacket that comes with a rain jacket, it has worked well for me. It can be purchased separately, along with pants, from Revzilla

Bfromla
06-24-2019, 02:40 PM
This was shared by I don't know who (Srz) & I'd like to give it a try.

http://www.ridetribe.net

JayBros
06-24-2019, 02:45 PM
Check with Bajaron. I got a nice lightweight Firstgear jacket and pants from him last year.

Fatcycledaddy
06-24-2019, 02:47 PM
Check with Bajaron. I got a nice lightweight Firstgear jacket and pants from him last year.

I agree, I got our First Gear suits from Bajaron and LOVE them.

RICZ
06-24-2019, 03:47 PM
I wear a rain outfit that comes from Russia and made by a fellow named Rudolph. And I gotta say, Rudolph the Red knows rain gear! (say this aloud)
Seriously, go somewhere where you can try on before you buy. I got some great rain gear at Cycle Gear that I knew fit me well before i left the store.

WisconsinDavid
06-24-2019, 03:52 PM
I have a Tourmaster jacket and pants that have a wind/rain membrane. I have to say it was kinda nice to sit and relax when buddies were digging out the rain stuff and re-gearing and redoing when the rain ride was past. I stayed dry and comfortable, rain or shine.

Peteoz
06-24-2019, 04:17 PM
This was shared by I don't know who (Srz) & I'd like to give it a try.

http://www.ridetribe.net

Just a heads up. I found these guys provide among the worst customer experience I have seen.......but I AM In Australia. If you decide to go ahead and try it, I would be very interested in knowing how it works for you, Bfrom. I ordered a 4XLT and it came with 39” sleeve length (perfect) and a 30” inseam 10” shorter than promised (the sizing showed a 40” inleg which is why I purchased). They then made me a supposed “custom” one (took 12 months), and they had just added non waterproof material to the leg length, with NO fasteners except for one piece of Velcro at the cuff. Absolutely useless to me and I have just cut my losses.
BUT.......they are very easy to get into, wearing full gear, they seem to be protective (except for mine below the knees), and the hood is a plus. In a more normal size fit, they may well do the trick. They are unlined however, and they do make you sweat.

Pete