PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky brakes on 2010 RT SM5?

rmillis
06-16-2019, 02:13 PM
Any troubleshooting advice on Squeaky (definitely the front not sure of the rears are making nose) brakes on 2010 RT SM5?

Two cats
06-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Any troubleshooting advice on Squeaky (definitely the front not sure of the rears are making nose) brakes on 2010 RT SM5?

we have a 2011 RT SM5 that squeaks also. But our does it when the parking brake has been on for awhile when its not being rode. It the humidity has been high around home and the rotors get some rust on them. But they usually stop after we have rode for awhile and used the brakes a few times. Have you had the rotors and the pads checked lately? The pads could be crystallized if they have gotten hot then run thru a rain storm or something. Or maybe they need changed.:dontknow:

Bfromla
06-16-2019, 03:08 PM
See if pads need changing & apply some brake quiet (found at most auto part shops) to back of pads, best to do when changing but can apply any time. Something like this:173020 (BajaRon recommended ) there are few other brands, just be sure to put it on the BACKS of the pads:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie:

Two cats
06-16-2019, 03:29 PM
See if pads need changing & apply some brake quiet (found at most auto part shops) to back of pads, best to do when changing but can apply any time. Something like this:173020 (BajaRon recommended ) there are few other brands, just be sure to put it on the BACKS of the pads:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie:

I have the same stuff at home. Put it on all my pads when I change them out. Works great.:2thumbs:

Easy Rider
06-16-2019, 03:36 PM
First.....inspect the pads.
That often is a sign that they are worn down not almost nothing.

Then, try a couple of hard stops....in a place where it is safe.
A firm stop going backwards too.

Cleaning out the brake dust can help too.......but don't breath it as brake dust is BAD for your lungs.

IF....that seems to solve the problem, don't worry about it.
If you just can't STAND IT when it comes back, change the pads.