PDA

View Full Version : Installing Shad LED Brakelight Kit

foxtail1
06-09-2019, 05:58 PM
This is going to be my first foray into wiring, so I've been trying to find a video to follow. I've just installed a Baker Built rack and the Shad 58X case, in preparation for a cross country trip later this month. Since I read a few comments that the rack could block the Spyder brake lights. I ordered the Shad brakelight kit. The information on the kit includes, "Requires tapping existing brake light wires," which I have never done.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a video or directions with pictures on how to proceed? I've done some web searches, but haven't found anything for the F3. I've got a 2017 F3-S. Thanks!

Motorcycledave
06-15-2019, 03:11 PM
That light kit comes with how to instructions from Twisted Throttle
should be in the box.

This is going to be my first foray into wiring, so I've been trying to find a video to follow. I've just installed a Baker Built rack and the Shad
58X case, in preparation for a cross country trip later this month. Since I read a few comments that the rack could block the Spyder brake lights. I ordered the Shad
\brakelight kit. The information on the kit includes, "Requires tapping existing brake light wires," which I have never done.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a video or directions with pictures on how to proceed? I've done some web searches, but haven't found anything for the F3. I've got a 2017 F3-S. Thanks!

SpyderAnn01
06-15-2019, 05:02 PM
Real easy. 3 wires: ground, run, brake. Remove rear seat, find connections going to tail light. Black is ground, white is brake, orange is run.

foxtail1
06-16-2019, 06:11 AM
Mine didn't, Dave. All it has is a one page thing from Shad.