PDA

View Full Version : Tire inflation spec

KyBill
05-23-2019, 10:15 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but the operators manual for my Rally does not specify tire inflation pressure. It says to refer to the tire label.

Would that be the sticker inside the service panel (says 20psi front, 28psi rear) or the psi specified on the sidewall (44 psi max load on all 3 tires).

I am at max load (430 lbs) for the trike but not for the tires. I installed a fobo and all 3 tires are 39-40 psi cold from the dealer, purchased about 2 weeks ago.

Snowbelt Spyder
05-23-2019, 11:02 AM
The sticker....always the sticker...it's vehicle specific.

KyBill
05-23-2019, 11:32 AM
All my life, never knew that.

Well then my tires are significantly over inflated.

Guess the dealer doesn’t know that the sticker rules either.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-23-2019, 11:43 AM
Just some tire info ….. All tires have a Max psi …. you use this in conjunction with the load you are carrying for the vehicle ….. Most folks here go to Auto tires when it comes time to re-place your worn tires ….. Kenda tires are marginal at best …. they also have an unusually high percent of Defective tires and tires that fail …. Currently the best spyder tire being sold are the Vredestein Quatrac 5 model …. they have 16 inch sizes and even some tires ( aggressive winter tread ) for the rear of the Rally model Stryker ……. If you switch to Auto tires ( any brand ) I and others have found that 14-15 front and 16 psi rear ( for the Stryker models ) work best ….. good luck …. Mike :ohyea:

KyBill
05-23-2019, 11:56 AM
Thanks Mike.

Saw a recent thread on this, not sure that there are options yet for the Ryker Rally. Hopefully that will change.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-23-2019, 11:59 AM
Thanks Mike.

Saw a recent thread on this, not sure that there are options yet for the Ryker Rally. Hopefully that will change.

Tire options …. not from BRP ….. Kenda's are just plain JUNK …… Mike :ohyea:

JayBros
05-23-2019, 01:59 PM
Buy a decent tire gauge so you can keep your sneakers at the pressure comfortable to your riding style and within the manufacturer's stated pressure range. The latter doesn't apply to auto tires on a Spyder.

PaladinLV
05-23-2019, 02:13 PM
Label is typically under the seat

AJ