PDA

View Full Version : Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder

LifeLongRider
05-22-2019, 02:39 PM
Seriously considering the Lamonster frame mount drink holder http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-am-spyder-f3-fmb-bottle-holder-lamonster/ but would like honest opinions first.

My biggest concern after viewing the installation video is removing the frame bolt and possible re-alignment issues while installing the longer bolt that is furnished. Has anyone had any issues with the frame rail dropping when the stock bolt is removed or difficulty lining up and installing the new longer bolt (as Lamont suggests could happen) ? As always, any guidance is appreciated.

SpyderAnn01
05-22-2019, 03:05 PM
I’ve got the 3rd peg which utilizes the lower frame bolt, it can be a little tricky lining it up but isn’t too tough to do. Just don’t lean on the bike when the bolt is out.

AeroPilot
05-22-2019, 05:15 PM
I dont remember any issues with mounting the side mount drink holder on the 16 F3T. It is much more stable now on the frame and easy to access.

172207 With the IPS frame caps it looks and works good!:2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
05-22-2019, 05:18 PM
I highly recommend it,

Cruzr Joe

JP58
05-22-2019, 07:46 PM
I have it. No problem getting the bolt in. Nothing moved when I removed original bolt. Love the drink holder. Easy reach to the bottle.

JayBros
05-22-2019, 08:16 PM
I have watched two of those being installed and in neither case did the DIY installers have any problem with the new bolt. As Ann mentioned, neither installer leaned on the bikes during removal of the old bolt and installation of the new one.

PW2013STL
05-22-2019, 10:24 PM
My only issue was with the bolt supplied. It rubbed my leg wrong so I replaced it with a ss button head in size M10 1.5 x 200mm that I purchased from McMaster Carr. I did have to buy 5, but I needed 2 for our two F3's. I am also going to replace a friends who also noticed the rubbing on her leg.

LifeLongRider
05-23-2019, 06:03 AM
My only issue was with the bolt supplied. It rubbed my leg wrong so I replaced it with a ss button head in size M10 1.5 x 200mm that I purchased from McMaster Carr. I did have to buy 5, but I needed 2 for our two F3's. I am also going to replace a friends who also noticed the rubbing on her leg.

First, thanks to all who replied. I will definitely order this from Lamont and give it a try. I'll also keep an eye out for the bolt irritation situation. I've ordered from McMaster Carr before, good people to deal with. Thanks for the tip.