PDA

View Full Version : extended warrenty

czdaryle
06-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Boy with all the sensor problems etc..makes me wonder about getting the extended warrenty. I have until May to decide. Am I the only one who doesn't have it?

wyliec
06-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Boy with all the sensor problems etc..makes me wonder about getting the extended warrenty. I have until May to decide. Am I the only one who doesn't have it?

Is that when your 2 year standard warranty is up because that's how long you have to get the BEST warranty. However, you have 3 months from your initial purchase before you are hit with an extra surcharge. I originally purchased a 1 year Best and then went for 2 additional years on the best and was hit with the surcharge.

csmead
06-29-2009, 07:42 PM
I bought a PE, ordered in 2007. As we have learned from purchasing anything with a computer in it....always buy the extended warranty for anything purchased in the first year or two of existance. There are always bugs to be worked out. I tell people it is like buying Vista...I am working out the bugs so that you have a better product. ;)

czdaryle
06-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Is that when your 2 year standard warranty is up because that's how long you have to get the BEST warranty. However, you have 3 months from your initial purchase before you are hit with an extra surcharge. I originally purchased a 1 year Best and then went for 2 additional years on the best and was hit with the surcharge.

yea, I bought it in May...how much was your surcharge, I knew there was one but I'm thinking now a sensor or dps gone bad would run a good buck

czdaryle
06-30-2009, 06:28 AM
I bought a PE, ordered in 2007. As we have learned from purchasing anything with a computer in it....always buy the extended warranty for anything purchased in the first year or two of existance. There are always bugs to be worked out. I tell people it is like buying Vista...I am working out the bugs so that you have a better product. ;)
I have a brother in law who is a service manager and he always tells me it is just a money maker for the dealer so it is hard to tell when to get it and when not to. Every time I get one nothing happens to the product and when I don't it does.:dontknow:

fastfraser
06-30-2009, 07:06 AM
:2thumbs: Man for 1,100 CDN. Gives me 5 years bumper to bumper, what piece of mind, no worries and road side including towing.

DynamoBT
06-30-2009, 08:00 AM
I don't have it yet. I bought my Spyder used. No choice but to buy it after the initial three month period. I've already checked into the BEST warranty. I forget what the price is, but have a guarantee the price won't change until after August. I'm probably going to buy it when I have my 3000 mile service done. Already at the mileage. Just waiting on the recall fix.

Bersquack
06-30-2009, 08:05 AM
I have it and am worry free! Buying a second year production model to me that was a no brainer.

Some Guy
06-30-2009, 08:21 AM
I bought the 3 year B.E.S.T. and it gives me a warm fuzzy! :D

If you ever have an electrical or computer related problem after your 2 year warranty expires, the extended warranty will pay for itself.

ataDude
06-30-2009, 11:04 AM
... but have a guarantee the price won't change until after August...

And... I'll be willing to bet that the price won't go down. :D

czdaryle
06-30-2009, 12:18 PM
called my dealer $849 plus $225 surcharge for three years. It is $75 for each year for the surcharge. :dontknow:

Anyone not getting it? Not sure how much this stuff all is. I could just put away $1100 away and use it over three years. Thats about $400 a year(interest) that I would be allowed in repair bills.

ataDude
06-30-2009, 01:13 PM
called my dealer $849 plus $225 surcharge for three years. It is $75 for each year for the surcharge. :dontknow:

Anyone not getting it? Not sure how much this stuff all is. I could just put away $1100 away and use it over three years. Thats about $400 a year(interest) that I would be allowed in repair bills.

I bought mine back when it was $550. :D

However, on a vehicle this new, with all of the gadgets and particularly the CanBus system... with all of the processors... I would still get it at $1,100. One processor... or steering system... or extended diagnostic time... and you've paid for it.

There is a reason the price has gone up in the last year. BRP has figured out what it will take to support the ongoing life cycle.

bone crusher
06-30-2009, 02:05 PM

My dealer will sell it to you for 925.00, including the surcharge...if interested, PM me and I'll give you his number...

Getting one is a no-brainer...if you have a computer problem, one incident alone could cost over 1000.00!

czdaryle
06-30-2009, 06:54 PM
My dealer will sell it to you for 925.00, including the surcharge...if interested, PM me and I'll give you his number...

Getting one is a no-brainer...if you have a computer problem, one incident alone could cost over 1000.00!
sounds tempeting but then who do I take it to to get it fixed. Sure my dealer wouldn't be happy that I got it somewhere else

wyliec
06-30-2009, 07:05 PM
sounds tempeting but then who do I take it to to get it fixed. Sure my dealer wouldn't be happy that I got it somewhere else

The dealer usually asks where you purchased the spyder, not where you purchased the warranty. If you can get it cheaper thru bone crusher's dealer, I say go for it.

Smylinacha
06-30-2009, 07:10 PM

I don't have it either - have until April and I will be getting it.

easyridertom007
06-30-2009, 07:19 PM
I got mine the day I got the spyder, like everybody said all the computer stuff $1100.00 you could go thought that in one break down.:spyder:

Some Guy
06-30-2009, 07:54 PM

All that sounds good on paper, uh, cyber-paper. But, with interest rates far lower than inflation rates, it makes sense to spend $1,000 now (estimated) rather than $1,000+ later (when prices rise) for repair work. The "present value" of money now is less than the "future value" of money later in a inflationary period.

Roaddog2
06-30-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't have it either - have until April and I will be getting it.Maybe we can get a package deal :ani29:

Dragonrider
07-01-2009, 08:59 AM
After lurking around this forum for month, while I browbeat the dealers into a deal, I got the BEST 3yr add-on with the bike as part of the deal for $750. I think it's worth twice that to the bike's value...

czdaryle
07-01-2009, 09:56 AM
The dealer usually asks where you purchased the spyder, not where you purchased the warranty. If you can get it cheaper thru bone crusher's dealer, I say go for it.

no I mean the current dealer I go to. If I bring the bike in for warrenty work he is going to relize I didn't get the warranty from him, I'm sure they make a little money for selling it! I wonder if that would cause me to get less than his best when dealing with me.

bone crusher
07-01-2009, 10:06 AM
I got mine from my dealer after some negotiating for $925.00 a few months ago...that was right after the 2/1/09 price increase...the price will continue up, BTW...

He said he could offer that to others, if anyone is interested.

Lemme know and I'll give you his number. This is the dealership where I bought my bike and get it serviced...it's a nice family-run place in MD and has been very honest with everything so far. They have installed things for me that are after-market without blinking an eye...

Honest folk, for sure...

wyliec
07-01-2009, 03:51 PM
no I mean the current dealer I go to. If I bring the bike in for warrenty work he is going to relize I didn't get the warranty from him, I'm sure they make a little money for selling it! I wonder if that would cause me to get less than his best when dealing with me.

I don't think that your dealer will even bother to see where you purchased the BEST from especially if they remember that you purchased the bike there.

nater1
07-01-2009, 10:31 PM
I will admit I purchased the best now for $1100 :yikes:. Some times you have to take it up the :yikes:

Star Cruiser
07-02-2009, 09:25 AM
:2thumbs: Man for 1,100 CDN. Gives me 5 years bumper to bumper, what piece of mind, no worries and road side including towing.

Mine came with the 1 year of BEST included (purchased in 2008) as a promotion. I was told that I could extend it the additional 2 years anytime before my Warranty runs out. I just inquired and am told that they don't sell the 3 years (total 5) anymore. Do you have a number for B.E.S.T. that I might try to contact them? All of the literature refers to calling the dealer. That route isn't working as they don't seem to have any other information other than "no longer available".

Thanks (from Brampton)
Bill

ataDude
07-02-2009, 09:35 AM

I agree... even at retail, there is only a few hundred dollars in warranty for the dealer. The bike is more important if you have that concern.

kma10-4
07-03-2009, 05:35 PM
just got 3 more yrs being my 2 yrs will be up this nov.$825.00
over phone sent me receipt and info. no penalty charges

czdaryle
07-03-2009, 08:46 PM
just got 3 more yrs being my 2 yrs will be up this nov.$825.00
over phone sent me receipt and info. no penalty charges

that is an incredible price:congrats: was this a local dealer?

kma10-4
07-09-2009, 12:37 AM
eastbay motorsports in Hayward ca. http://eastbaymotorsports.reachlocal.net/ :2thumbs: i did mine over the phone...

draboo
10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
http://eastbaymotorsports.reachlocal.net/

$749.00 for a 3 year BEST. Just ordered by phone.:thumbup:

leo76dragon
10-20-2009, 06:34 PM
http://eastbaymotorsports.reachlocal.net/

$749.00 for a 3 year BEST. Just ordered by phone.:thumbup:

Hey Draboo,
Is there a specfic person we ask for?

thanks

draboo
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Hey Draboo,
Is there a specific person we ask for?

thanks
I asked the receptionist about an extended warranty on a Can Am Spyder and she transferred me. I had to leave a message and she called me back.

She is a very outgoing, funny lady! :2thumbs: