PDA

View Full Version : Wife needs short reach handlebars

cheska
05-20-2019, 12:09 PM
Hello wife needs handlebars to come back towards the seat more, even with the bars moved back all the way she is not comfortable with the reach. She has to sit way forward on the seat and bend forward which gives her a backache. So
please help has anyone found a suitable replacement. We looked at reversing the current ones were told can't do it.
But if someone has please explain on how you did it. Thanks. I'm thinking a quad handlebar might work. Those available
from BRP have no information on how far back they come. Thanks in advance Bob

h0gr1der
05-20-2019, 12:34 PM
Have you checked out the Tri-Axis handlebar?

https://youtu.be/4rg6VpjnU_E

thechamp73
05-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Would that work on a ryker? That is only RT.

The problem with the handle bars is they swoop down. Try the sports bar. It is level and if that would work. You can always but it from a dealer and measure it once you get it without installing. Return it get money back.

DGoebel
05-20-2019, 01:53 PM
Yes, someone has already posted on the Ryker sub forum here about how to (reverse) switch the handle bars.

bcraig
05-20-2019, 03:06 PM
Have you checked out the Tri-Axis handlebar?

https://youtu.be/4rg6VpjnU_E

I believe he is talking about his wife's Ryker. The Tri-Axis is for the Spyder.

bcraig
05-20-2019, 03:09 PM
Hello wife needs handlebars to come back towards the seat more, even with the bars moved back all the way she is not comfortable with the reach. She has to sit way forward on the seat and bend forward which gives her a backache. So
please help has anyone found a suitable replacement. We looked at reversing the current ones were told can't do it.
But if someone has please explain on how you did it. Thanks. I'm thinking a quad handlebar might work. Those available
from BRP have no information on how far back they come. Thanks in advance Bob

I installed the optional Sport Bar on my 600. They reduced the reach by about an inch. They are also 1.5 inches wider.

h0gr1der
05-20-2019, 03:13 PM
I believe he is talking about his wife's Ryker. The Tri-Axis is for the Spyder.

Sorry about that, reading in What's new, looked ah his signature, not where it came from.

KyBill
05-20-2019, 06:19 PM
Someone put apes on one of these, look in the forum on do it yourself mods. Maybe something with 7-8” pullback would work if its available in 7/8” and if the wires on the bike are long enough.

cheska
05-20-2019, 11:26 PM
Thanks all will be talking to dealer tommorrow about BRP's bars. Bob