PDA

View Full Version : Scala Rider Q2 Users

zzneonzz
06-29-2009, 09:11 AM
I am looking at getting a multiset and had a question for those who have this brand. Does the Bluetooth to phone allow for playing music as well? I currently have an XBI and it will allow me to sync my PRE with music and phone as well as my Bluetooth MP3 player. But from what i'm seeing it won't work with Bluetooth MP3 has anyone hooked it up using MP3 player with bluetooth as well?

My goal is to have mine sync'd with my phone to stream my music and give my fiancee my bluetooth adapter for the IPOD so she can listen to her own music if this is possible.

Bersquack
06-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I thought there was a way for two paired XBis to listen to the same music stream, but I may be wrong.

Rando
06-29-2009, 10:58 AM
I would wait on the Q2. They are in the process of coming out with a newer version that will be true stereo (AD2P). A2DP technology is a music revolution allowing you to send CD quality stereo music from one device to another without wires.

If you can't wait, the Q2 does allow you to connect a MP3 to the device, but you have to plug it in using a cable (included).

tatt2r
06-29-2009, 11:00 AM
I am looking at getting a multiset and had a question for those who have this brand. Does the Bluetooth to phone allow for playing music as well? I currently have an XBI and it will allow me to sync my PRE with music and phone as well as my Bluetooth MP3 player. But from what i'm seeing it won't work with Bluetooth MP3 has anyone hooked it up using MP3 player with bluetooth as well?

My goal is to have mine sync'd with my phone to stream my music and give my fiancee my bluetooth adapter for the IPOD so she can listen to her own music if this is possible.

the scala will not work with stereo bluetooth i have new iphone and did some research ....the bluetooth in scala is mono will not support stereo you can plug into the helmet via a cable they give you and that works fine even shuts down if you talk to other rider or phone but the bluetooth doesnt work for stereo ... i was not happy but the scala is an excellent communication setup so when im not riding with better half i ordered this should be in by wednesday ...in black of course ...

zzneonzz
06-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I would wait on the Q2. They are in the process of coming out with a newer version that will be true stereo (AD2P). A2DP technology is a music revolution allowing you to send CD quality stereo music from one device to another without wires.

If you can't wait, the Q2 does allow you to connect a MP3 to the device, but you have to plug it in using a cable (included).

Thanks. Do you know how long before it is released?

BillGargan
06-29-2009, 11:37 AM
It (the Q2) is commonly available. I paid about $160 for it over a month ago.

I have it but have not rigged it for use yet as I await the Garmin Zumo 660 I have on order.

Bill Gargan

8LEGS
06-29-2009, 11:45 AM
the scala will not work with stereo bluetooth i have new iphone and did some research ....the bluetooth in scala is mono will not support stereo you can plug into the helmet via a cable they give you and that works fine even shuts down if you talk to other rider or phone but the bluetooth doesnt work for stereo ... i was not happy but the scala is an excellent communication setup so when im not riding with better half i ordered this should be in by wednesday ...in black of course ...

What helmet is that?

Bersquack
06-29-2009, 12:21 PM
What helmet is that?

I believe it is a Vemar helmet.

zzneonzz
06-29-2009, 01:04 PM
These folks really don't want me to allow me to get another unit for my fiancee. The XBI2 won't pair with the XBI so i would have to get 2 new units and the Scala Q2 doesn't have stereo. :gaah:

tatt2r
06-29-2009, 01:45 PM
I believe it is a Vemar helmet.

sorry yes thats what its is

Rando
06-29-2009, 02:15 PM
It (the Q2) is commonly available.Yes, the Q2 is currently available. The updated (stereo) version should be available by the end of summer.

Bersquack
06-29-2009, 02:20 PM
These folks really don't want me to allow me to get another unit for my fiancee. The XBI2 won't pair with the XBI so i would have to get 2 new units and the Scala Q2 doesn't have stereo. :gaah:

I thought I read somewhere that you could. Have you tried contacting them? Maybe they'll give you a discount!?!

That's part of the reason I took a lot of time to make my mind on a comm system.

bone crusher
06-29-2009, 02:24 PM
The scala rider 2 is great and it works well with the Garmin 550...which has music function...it also comes through both sides just fine...

I also have it paired to my iphone...works great...

tatt2r
06-29-2009, 02:25 PM
The scala rider 2 is great and it works well with the Garmin 550...which has music function...it also comes through both sides just fine...

I also have it paired to my iphone...works great...

you are getting music via bluetooth from iphone?

orangespydiegirl
06-29-2009, 03:47 PM
ZZ Neon we have the Q2 set it doesn't allow you to play your MP3 player however you can buy the audio and Microphone kit--this is what Scala told me to get when I called them, Which allows you too play your mp3, I have the piece but havn't tried it yet.

tatt2r
06-29-2009, 04:13 PM
ZZ Neon we have the Q2 set it doesn't allow you to play your MP3 player however you can buy the audio and Microphone kit--this is what Scala told me to get when I called them, Which allows you too play your mp3, I have the piece but havn't tried it yet.

Mine came with a wire to plug into back of q2 works great