PDA

View Full Version : Paying It Forward

SpyderConvert
05-15-2019, 08:04 AM
Subsequent to my wife-induced cleaning the garage, I realized that I was holding on to items that I would probably never use again. That being said, I am offering the following:

1. When I switched to Magic Mirrors, I held on to the parts that I removed to install them. This also includes spares that I had purchased. If you will pay postage, they are yours.

2. When I first purchased my '15 RTL, I thought that it would be a great idea to have a "shelf" in the trunk, so I bought one. Only after receiving it, did I realize that I already had one!
Again, if you pay postage, it's yours.

On another note, I have installed the longer brake pedal on my RTL and have come to hate it. I am constantly having to lift up on the pedal to make sure that my brake lights are not on.
The spring had been "tightened" before, but I am now in the same situation. It has become a real PITA! If someone has the original brake pedal (obviously, I threw my original away),
I would appreciate your willingness to sell it to me.

Thanks for your consideration.

BoilerAnimal
05-15-2019, 08:30 AM
SpyderConvert, I'll take the shelf if still available.

Cruzr Joe
05-15-2019, 09:42 AM
put an extra spring on the brake pedal shaft (we had to do it) here is a photo of the spring you need

Cruzr Joe

nslowmotion
05-15-2019, 11:01 AM
I had the same problem with my brake pedal, BUT, there is a solution.
I made a vid on it a while back, which includes the spring that Cruzr Joe is showing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMR5DzgB3wc

LeftCoast
05-15-2019, 12:11 PM
Subsequent to my wife-induced cleaning the garage, I realized that I was holding on to items that I would probably never use again. That being said, I am offering the following:

1. When I switched to Magic Mirrors, I held on to the parts that I removed to install them. This also includes spares that I had purchased. If you will pay postage, they are yours.

2. When I first purchased my '15 RTL, I thought that it would be a great idea to have a "shelf" in the trunk, so I bought one. Only after receiving it, did I realize that I already had one!

On another note, I have installed the longer brake pedal on my RTL and have come to hate it. I am constantly having to lift up on the pedal to make sure that my brake lights are not on.
The spring had been "tightened" before, but I am now in the same situation. It has become a real PITA! If someone has the original brake pedal (obviously, I threw my original away),

I think I have the original, let me take a look.

CopperSpyder
05-15-2019, 07:51 PM

I have two of the small ones, one used, one new Brake Pedal. If you do not want to add the spring let me know I can give you either one of them if that's what you want. I can probably meet you somewhere and give it to you. Let me know.

Cruzr Joe
05-15-2019, 11:56 PM
nslowmotion, Great Video. Folks it works and cures the problem.

Cruzr Joe

SpyderConvert
05-16-2019, 07:04 AM
SpyderConvert, I'll take the shelf if still available.

It's yours. I'll get it over to the post office to get an idea on cost.

SpyderConvert
05-16-2019, 07:09 AM
I have two of the small ones, one used, one new Brake Pedal. If you do not want to add the spring let me know I can give you either one of them if that's what you want. I can probably meet you somewhere and give it to you. Let me know.

Are you, by any chance, going to Johnstown for Thunder in the Valley? If not, would Emmittsburg, MD be acceptable?? I would love the new one in case the spring doesn't work out. Thank you!

SpyderConvert
05-16-2019, 07:11 AM
Thanks to all who replied!!

CopperSpyder
05-18-2019, 08:36 AM
PM sent

SpyderConvert
05-22-2019, 06:53 AM
The springs and clips for the mirrors are still available.........