PDA

View Full Version : Driving Lights

jlc41
05-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Not happy with the head lights. I have Lamounters H4's but they don't seem to throw much light down the road. Is there a head light adjustment for aiming? Also has anyone tried mounting driving lights. if so which ones and are you happy with the amount of light down the road? I have a 2018 F3L.

Joe

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-11-2019, 09:38 AM
" LaMont's H-4's " ….. if they are Halogen's they won't be any better than stock …… Get some good LED's ….. and yes there are many choices for additional lighting in the after-market …… contact Paul " PMK " in a PM …. He knows some excellent ones that are very cost effective …… I can't remember the name of the company ….. Mike :ohyea:

Chupaca
05-11-2019, 10:42 AM
The last item on the list of mods you have (american flag) can also get you all you need and have very good products customer support and quality they stand behind, Check the LED head light bulbs, and LED driving and fog lights they carry, :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
05-11-2019, 10:50 AM
You can aim your lights the adjusters are located under the top service panels (the one that has the safety card info). I don’t know if the procedure is in the Owners Manual but check there, it was in the RT manual.

For good driving lights check out Clearwater Lights Darla https://www.clearwaterlights.com/

RICZ
05-11-2019, 11:56 AM
Clearwater Darlas are FANTASTIC (but pricey) lights. High quality, compact and very, very bright when you are high beam. 3,000 lumens bright! They are wired into both high and low beams and have a handlebar mounted brightness controller for low beam operation so you don't dazzle oncoming. They also provide bike specific CNC mounting hardware. I had then on my last bike, a Victory Cross Roads and got a lot of good comments from fellow riders. On group rides, the road captains always had me for tail gunner, as they can see my lights and know the group was intact.

FalconAF
05-11-2019, 11:56 AM
For good driving lights check out Clearwater Lights Darla https://www.clearwaterlights.com/

I used to have something similar on my Honda. But for us mechanically challenged folks....:shocked:...I just looked at the "Can Am" mounting kit for the Darla lights. Where do those get mounted on the Spyder? Front wheel struts low to the ground? Looks like the whole assembly for each light is being held on by 2 bolts with a bracket, but I have no idea where that would be on my Spyder.

Motorcycledave
05-11-2019, 12:00 PM
I sell these and many others, this is from Big Bike
give me a call for your price.
I discount everything
Ride Safe
Dave

Not happy with the head lights. I have Lamounters H4's but they don't seem to throw much light down the road. Is there a head light adjustment for aiming? Also has anyone tried mounting driving lights. if so which ones and are you happy with the amount of light down the road? I have a 2018 F3L.

Joe

jlc41
05-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Thanks all for the come backs.

Joe

DGoebel
05-12-2019, 08:49 AM
+ 1 on the Tri C LED's LED headlights, after upgrading to them and their LED fog lights on my RT, I've not felt I was outdriving my lights, like I did with the oem bulbs.
And their Long distance high power LED’s Spotlights are a bit less expensive than the Darla's and mount to the inside front of the fenders so they point where your wheels point.

DGoebel
05-12-2019, 08:55 AM
I used to have something similar on my Honda. But for us mechanically challenged folks....:shocked:...I just looked at the "Can Am" mounting kit for the Darla lights. Where do those get mounted on the Spyder? Front wheel struts low to the ground? Looks like the whole assembly for each light is being held on by 2 bolts with a bracket, but I have no idea where that would be on my Spyder.

FalconAF, I believe the Clearwater Darla's mount is on the Axle Spindle cover bolts circled here, 171855