PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - about Tractor Supply TRAILERS

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-08-2019, 01:11 AM
My experience with an 8x7 Drop Tail trailer ( modified front bar to fit the RT ) that I borrowed from a friend, to haul my RT to Spyderfest was very, very interesting !!!! ….. BOTH spring loaded Pin assemblies that hold the Drop Tail up disappeared somewhere during the trip..... The first was 5 miles into the trip, luckily I was near a Home Depot where I bought a 1/2 bolt and LockNut to replace it ….. When I got home the other one had dis-appeared ( I check the trailer & spyder hold straps at every gas stop, the last being 55 miles from home ) …. I also discovered one tire was halfway to being Flat …. I haven't examined it yet for WHY, but I will when it stops raining ….. I checked on-line with Tractor supply for re-placement PIN assemblies …. ONLY $ 29.99 - - - EACH, I intend to buy another 1/2 inch dia. Bolt and Nut …… Mike :ohyea: ……...PS my friend is a master mechanic who is Anal about His Toys etc., so I know the hubs were checked for grease ….

Bob Denman
05-08-2019, 06:45 AM
:shocked: You get what you pay for; this is why we didn't buy one of these... :shocked:

Chupaca
05-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Glad they didn't both go at the same time and you caught them in time. Good to hear you made it both ways safe....:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Glad they didn't both go at the same time and you caught them in time. Good to hear you made it both ways safe....:thumbup:

:agree: …… The Tire actually lost the air overnight …. It was on the drivers side and didn't look low when I got home …… thanks … Mike :ohyea:

bmccaffrey
05-08-2019, 06:59 PM
:agree: …… The Tire actually lost the air overnight …. It was on the drivers side and didn't look low when I got home …… thanks … Mike :ohyea:

Mike you got that to fit on 8x7 trailer. Thought min. was 6x10. Interesting

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Mike you got that to fit on 8x7 trailer. Thought min. was 6x10. Interesting

The metal tubing that runs around the upper frame ( at one foot high ) has been cut in the center section at the front …. this allows the frunk to go past that tube line …. the front tires hit that top tube and I strapped the wheels to it for a solid attachment point ….the tube is supported in the front by two 2" X 2" angle iron ……….. very sturdy ….. Mike