PDA

View Full Version : Stock seat

Clopez68
05-06-2019, 08:56 PM
So what’s the most comfortable seat for the F3T. I have the stock seat and its not that comfortable on long rides. Any suggestions would be great.

LifeLongRider
05-07-2019, 06:54 AM
So what’s the most comfortable seat for the F3T. I have the stock seat and its not that comfortable on long rides. Any suggestions would be great.

I've spent a lot of money on aftermarket seats over the years including an Ultimate on my last bike. Then I discovered the Airhawk seat cushion. Much more comfortable than anything I've ever owned for long rides (and a lot cheaper) :D

PW2013STL
05-07-2019, 07:06 AM
We have tried a lot of things. Sheepskin, Airhawk, gelpads, combos of those. Corbin, Ultimate, BRP Comfort, and other custom seats. The only one that has always work for us is the Russell Day Long.

Finally learned by the time we got our F3's We just had them make us each one.

always young
05-07-2019, 06:18 PM
I use a bead seat cover that I bought on Amazon for $12.00 and it works better than I thought it would. Just did a 632 mile day coming back from NC to FL and my but felt fine. It's a cheap way to try to see if it works for you. I bought it mainly to keep my but cool during the summer riding and it does the job.

Steamer
05-08-2019, 10:47 AM
Russel Day Long for the serious long distance rider. Custom fit and they will modify the seat to best meet your needs. Great company.

SpyderF3-s
05-08-2019, 01:18 PM
I use a Egg Sitter Seat Cushion. You can get them online as low as $20.

Clopez68
05-08-2019, 05:47 PM
Looking at the egg sitter, did you have to cut it to fit on the seat??

DiggerMike
05-08-2019, 10:45 PM
While I can't say specifically for the Spyder as I don't have one.........yet..........I have used Mean City Cycles for my last two Harley's and when I have done many 600+ days and a few 800 with no issues. Having the stock modified is loads cheaper than buying a new seat.

johnny canuck
05-08-2019, 11:01 PM
We found the stock seat on our RTL to not be supportive enough. We went with a Russell Day long and have been very happy with it (very supportive) And can be ordered as heated seats. They are made for your height, weight, inseam, etc. One note... on "very hot" days NO seat made of leather is going to comfortable on an all day ride. "Monkey butt sweat". Will be purchasing a sheep skin for those scorching hot all day summer rides.